PDA

View Full Version : Single category views?

perka
23 May 2007, 1:40 AM
Say have you found a good way around the problems with readviewentries and single category views?

becomcs
23 May 2007, 4:20 AM
What is your issue?

perka
23 May 2007, 7:28 AM
The problem is (was?) that "ResortAscending" and "ResortDescending" does not work together with "RestrictToCategory". I belive I read somwhere that it was a problem that someone working on the ext.nd ran into.

jratcliff
23 May 2007, 8:06 AM
Yes, that is definitely a problem and has been since the R5 days. We are somewhat stuck with that until IBM fixes this issue. I brought it to their attention a few years ago and they even created an SPR for it. However, their interpretation is that when using ?RestrictToCategory, none of the other sort options should work so their "fix" was have the domino server do nothing if you tried to use ?RestrictToCategory AND resortascending or resortdescending, or any other argument actually (like startkey or untilkey, etc.)

galdaka
23 May 2007, 8:37 AM
Hi,

Few months ago, I worked with ?ReadViewEntries method and rewrite class for XmlReader.js named DominoXMLReader.js. All works fine! very quick pagination and sorting but I have a problem with Total of documents and Authors and Readers.

See: http://extjs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2542&page=7&highlight=domino

jratcliff
23 May 2007, 8:57 AM
@galdaka - if you're using what I originally wrote with Domino Web Tools then there definitely were a few bugs. I believe we have them fixed in Ext.nd and once we post the Alpha you can try the new code.

galdaka
23 May 2007, 9:05 AM
Sorry for my bad English.

@jratcliff: Thanks in advance.

can I use each Ext.nd component separately? I work in applicattions that required special interfaces and I don

becomcs
6 Jun 2007, 2:45 PM
In a ext 0.3 app we setup notessql on the server to combine restric to category and resort ascending. url use to retrive data is an agent wich launch dynamicly an sql order to the server.

I would like to setup a r7 server with db2 to better solution, but I have no time to do this. I tried last year, but I fall to setup r7 with db2.

I add an export of the agent and an export of a form using this agent and on of a viewtemplate.