PDA

View Full Version : trigger field with coldext

ByteLess
27 Apr 2009, 10:49 AM
I am trying to crate an input field which can have an icon beside the field, like the date field has.

what I want is when someone click on that icon/image an alert popup with the message.

I just can't figure it out how to do that, already expend 3 hours searching net and looking in the docs.

I am using coldext

:-/

elishnevsky
27 Apr 2009, 12:04 PM
You need to configure onTriggerClick option (I know, it's not documented). To use a different trigger icon use either triggerClass or triggerConfig configuration options. See docs for more help.

Here's a quick example:

var txt = new Ext.form.TriggerField({
value: 'Some value',
width: 200,
renderTo: document.body,
onTriggerClick: function() {
alert(this.getValue());
}
});

ByteLess
28 Apr 2009, 9:22 AM
this is not 3.0, is it?

elishnevsky
28 Apr 2009, 9:29 AM
No, it's not.

ByteLess
28 Apr 2009, 9:35 AM
I am getting the coldExt error

coldExt currently uses version 2.2.1
Error is:

Unknown tag: ext:TriggerField.
ColdFusion cannot determine how to process the tag ext:TriggerField because the tag is unknown and not in any imported tag libraries. The tag name might be misspelled.

this is the code I wrote
<ext:TriggerField value="myvalue" width="200" type="text" name="testvalue">

I also tried but that didn't do what i want, it just showed the input field type=text
<ext:input inputtype="TriggerField" label="triggerfield" value="test" width="200" type="text" name="test">

elishnevsky
28 Apr 2009, 9:38 AM
I'm sorry, I am not familiar with ColdExt, but it looks like TriggerField control is not implemented in it. I only meant Ext JS class.

tryanDLS
28 Apr 2009, 9:50 AM
ColdExt is not supported here, although there may be a few people using it. I would suggest that you'll get better support by using the support site/forum.