PDA

View Full Version : Admin applications - PhpMyAdmin style

naspar
28 Apr 2009, 4:11 AM
Hello guys !!

i would like to realize an application oriented to manage the tables into MySql database .. if possible .. i want to create an application very similar to PhpMyAdmin .. a simple layout where there is the table list on the left side and the table content in the body page and the content of table will be showed after having cliecked one of the 10 or more nodes on the tree view object. (if possible without page refresh)

Could someone help me to understand wich is the best solutions to do that ?
do you know some place where to find a good example in order to help me to create it ?

I was thinking to start as follow :

- layout panel with two subPanel (left for table list and right for table content)
- in the left i put a treePanel (with list of table as nodes)
- in the right a gridPanel (with the content of the clicked table on the tree control)

I tried to find something suitable for me but without succesful (examples, guide,google etc etc)

what do you think ?

many thank for any answer

28 Apr 2009, 4:52 AM
I would suggest by learning the container and layout models. Browse the examples.

naspar
28 Apr 2009, 4:56 AM
hi,
i created an application by using a layout and the adding a gridPanel on the left ..
now i dont know how to refresh / view the content of the table for each nodes in the body page (right side layout).

tried to browser the examples .. but i am not a "strong" developer with wide background .. and a bit hard for me to understand the examples and to be able to start with the development

will try to study more

thanks

28 Apr 2009, 5:20 AM
you need to assign event handlers.

Being ambitious is great, but start out small.

prometheus
28 Apr 2009, 8:37 AM
This is a good idea, but I agree with jgracia. Just take a moment to browse the PMA code, you see it is very complex to handle the different MySQL versions and language, but it has a very large number of services for users too. Without any practice in ExtJS you probably fail time to time again in the design of UI and the implementation of that and UI functions. I just suggest for you that you start with know the examples and the codes, than hacking those, than write a small class or component and after all of this you have the minimal knowledge to start designing your application. We are very lucky because a very large number of samples and codes published on the net which are perfect to learn ExtJS API and "ExtJS way of development philosophy". ExtJS is not a simply JS framework against like PT or JQ or Dojo, etc, it's highly recommended knowing the API and a minimum part of standard source.

lorezyra
28 Sep 2009, 5:40 AM
I agree with prometheus (http://www.extjs.com/forum/member.php?u=38063) and [email protected] (http://www.extjs.com/forum/member.php?u=172) . In essence, if you dont have a strong foundation your house (aka application) will fall (and fail). I started with this API over a year ago. While I have a good idea of how things work together, I would not consider myself even close to intermediate. Fortunately, I have a wide range of programming experiences that makes it easy for me to dive right in.

However, in regard to the idea of merging the best of EXTjs and phpMyAdmin together... I have been dreaming about this for a long time. I can see this as a 4 month project of converting presentation-layer of the PMA base code. Of course, that means 4 months @ 50+ hrs/wk of hard coding. ;)

naspar
28 Sep 2009, 5:45 AM
hi, thank you for answering.

So .. any projects or examples to share with us ?

cheers

mschwartz
28 Sep 2009, 5:47 AM
I would clone this instead, using Ext's UI:

http://www.navicat.com/

lorezyra
6 Oct 2009, 5:59 PM
Hello guys !!

i would like to realize an application oriented to manage the tables into MySql database .. if possible .. i want to create an application very similar to PhpMyAdmin .. a simple layout where there is the table list on the left side and the table content in the body page and the content of table will be showed after having cliecked one of the 10 or more nodes on the tree view object. (if possible without page refresh)

Could someone help me to understand wich is the best solutions to do that ?
do you know some place where to find a good example in order to help me to create it ?

I was thinking to start as follow :

- layout panel with two subPanel (left for table list and right for table content)
- in the left i put a treePanel (with list of table as nodes)
- in the right a gridPanel (with the content of the clicked table on the tree control)

I tried to find something suitable for me but without succesful (examples, guide,google etc etc)

what do you think ?

many thank for any answer
Also, check out the sighting page (http://www.extjs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9716&page=11) for some interesting live examples.

And this really cool project that I have been dreaming to see: http://code.google.com/p/dbideas/