PDA

View Full Version : 3.0-rc1 updater ie8 callback

TopKatz
28 Apr 2009, 10:59 AM
I have a page that has been working for over a year. Recently switched over to 3.0-rc1 and have been working along. I went back and made sure things played nice in ie8, and have found a problem. I have a chained sequence that occurs, but for whatever reason the last part is not executed in ie.

First the user selects a combo value, and the id is collected, the first function is the callback function for the combos select:

function firstFunc(id){
id = id;
secondFunc(id);
}

This second function performs an updater on a div element:

function secondFunc(id){
hcaId = id;

var infoUpdate = Ext.get('dynamHcaInfo').getUpdater();
infoUpdate.update({
url:Ihc.app.HCARequestURL,
scripts:true,
params:'routine=getHCAInfo&hcaID='+id,
text:'Loading HCA......',
callback: loadCompleated
});

}

This is were it gets interesting. In ie8, the callback is never executed. It never fires loadCompleated. If I skip the first function (which is redundant at this point) it works, and ie8 fires the callback. But if I chain these functions together ie8 just ignores that callback.

Is there something Im missing here? I have worked around it to some extent now, but Im curious what is wrong with what I was doing?

Thanks

Katz

hendricd
28 Apr 2009, 12:54 PM
Try:

var firstFunc = function (id){
secondFunc(id);
};
var secondFunc =function (id){
hcaId = id;

var infoUpdate = Ext.get('dynamHcaInfo').getUpdater();
infoUpdate.update({
url:Ihc.app.HCARequestURL,
scripts:true,
params:'routine=getHCAInfo&hcaID='+id,
text:'Loading HCA......',
callback: loadCompleated
});

}

TopKatz
28 Apr 2009, 3:32 PM
your the man hendricd.

thanks

TopKatz
29 Apr 2009, 4:41 AM
I thought this fixed my problem but it has not : (

I had seen some intermittent success in my testing, and Ill have to attribute this to that.

Even if I change the callback to this

callback : function(){alert('callback')}

ie8 is ignoring it silently. FF3 fires the alert. I have not been able to reproduce this in a small sample. It appears to just work. However in my page its failing.

TopKatz
29 Apr 2009, 4:59 AM
Just ran my code base against ext-2.2.1 and this issue is not present. Maybe someone else can confirm this and we can move this to bugs?

hendricd
29 Apr 2009, 5:50 AM
Just ran my code base against ext-2.2.1 and this issue is not present. Maybe someone else can confirm this and we can move this to bugs?

I tracked most of the request chain from Updater -> data.Connection -> Ext.lib.Ajax (all re-written BTW)

data.Connection-level callbacks look suspect, but you'd need to build an elaborate test-harness to confirm anything. /:)

TopKatz
29 Apr 2009, 6:02 AM
I tracked most of the request chain from Updater -> data.Connection -> Ext.lib.Ajax (all re-written BTW)

data.Connection-level callbacks look suspect, but you'd need to build an elaborate test-harness to confirm anything. /:)

Yeah, I have a simple example that works as expected. My actual page is a very complex 'glue' type script that brings in all my class objects together and builds the viewport and coordinates all the toys.

Not sure how to reproduce this in a sample really.

TopKatz
5 Jun 2009, 11:31 AM
Finaly found out what is going on:

https://extjs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70435

and

http://extjs.com/forum/showthread.php?p=338121#post338121

This was causing my updater callback to fail silently. I had to hack the ext-base file with the code from the first post, but ie is playing nice again.