PDA

View Full Version : how to solve more than > 10 tabs in a dialog box?

ah_fui
24 May 2007, 12:38 AM
hi,

i were playing around with the dialog recently and i found that the dialog box cant support multiple tab (>10). even you try to maximise the overlay on the screen but still cant show all the tab out. any suggestion or solution to over come this problem? thx

e.g. IE 7 can support multiple tab which is by using an arrow tab for previous and next tab.

tryanDLS
24 May 2007, 9:09 AM
I'm not sure where you got the idea that there's a limit of 10 tabs. There is no limit - you can see this by adding 2 dozen more tabs to the tabs example. There is no functionality to add arrows to scroll left/right when the tabs fill the container - altho somebody may have an example to handle this in the Examples forum. Also, there are config options (haven't made it to the doc yet - have to look at the source) to specify maxTabWidth, resizeTabs, etc.
You may run into issue where the width of your tabs is bigger than the container - you should be able to make the container overflow:auto in this case to get a a horizontal scrollbar.

Animal
24 May 2007, 11:33 AM
I have a solution for you here: http://www.extjs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6222

I'd like to see this added to Ext, as I just know the app I'm working on will end up with some very large tabsets.