PDA

View Full Version : Creating a form using a grid

samwalker121
3 May 2009, 8:56 PM
Would someone please provide me with some information on how I would create a form using an editable grid and some general input and combo boxes?

Many thanks
Sam :)

evant
3 May 2009, 8:59 PM
Do you want a form or a grid? There are examples of both in the SDK download.

samwalker121
3 May 2009, 9:05 PM
Thanks for the reply.

What I am trying to do, is create a form to be submitted to a PHP file, but the form needs to contain TextFields, ComboBoxes and a grid with data that would be submitted as well.

My theory is to have the user add as many rows into the grid as they want, with each row being assigned a number to be parsed as an array and inserted as indicidual rows into a database - not that I need help with that part ;)

Any information is appreciated.

Thanks
Sam

samwalker121
3 May 2009, 9:07 PM
the form needs to contain TextFields, ComboBoxes and a grid with data that would be submitted as well.

Sorry if that was confusing - the grid would contain textfields and comboboxes too. In fact, I think I'll focus on that issue first.

I basically am trying to find some information on creating a grid where the user inputs data, and is submitted to a PHP file.

evant
3 May 2009, 9:07 PM
Someone created an extension to do rows of the same form data, I can't really remember what it was called, but basically all you need to do is get the code for one row, then replicate it downward as more rows are added. Should be pretty simple.