PDA

View Full Version : And IExplorer Problem in A reloading Ext Module

mediastart
25 May 2007, 1:15 AM
I have developped a library module which works perfectly in MOZILLA 2.0.0.3.

My tests in Internet Eplorer do work while I load one time my library module.
But when I load another time my module, I got several problems while loading EXT files.

I expose you all indications that I have with DebugBar In IE6:
-The Ie Debug bar log me errors from the function "getBoundingClientRect" which is used specificaly for this browser.
-This error has been found in the inclusion of ext-all-adapter.js
-This function seems to be simple, so I set an alert of what i returns every time the script tries to load my Ext files ( so every time that it tries to do "getBoundingClientRect") and it seems that the second time that I load my module, an error occurs like IE cannot do "getBoundingClientRect" .

This little error makes all my module failed and nothing works after this error.

I'll thank you if you have any suggestion that I can follow.

tryanDLS
25 May 2007, 7:45 AM
You'll have to post a link or some code.

gregkats
12 Jun 2007, 11:05 PM
I have the error occuring in ext-yui-adaptor.js.

Here is a link to my development site:
http://gregkats.homeip.net/ProjectManager/ProjectManager.aspx

When the page loads click on the "Test Project" in the grid. And then click on the third button, "View Project Detail". That will open a new tab, with a menu in the west region. Click on a menu item and the tab will open in the center region. Close the "Project Detail" tab.

Now click the "View Project Detial" third button again and reopen the Project Detail Tab.

Now when you click on a menu item, you'll get the error.

The Error Occurs in the following code in the ext-yui-adaptor.js:

if(el.getBoundingClientRect){b=el.getBoundingClientRect();

el in this case is referring to the west region.

And, yes it works fine in Firefox.

TIA

cluettr
6 Jul 2007, 2:22 PM
I am receiving this error too on a second call to open up a dialog box. But it seems to only occur when I reload the span who has the id of the dialog I am trying to open.

The script error is at b=el.getBoundingClientRect().

dsmaevich
11 Aug 2008, 11:20 AM
I'm receiving this error too when I open a RecordForm "AutoHide=false" and add a new field. When I try to add a new field I received the same problem.

Someone can help me?

Thanks.