PDA

View Full Version : Ext.nd Beta 1r1 Release

RWaters
26 May 2007, 5:02 PM
Edit: 9/17/08 - Sorry for the long delay (it was a very busy summer), but now the wait for Ext.nd Beta 1r1 is over!

Ext.nd Beta 1r1
http://extjs.com/downloads/extnd-beta1r1.zip

Ext.onReady bug fix
After you download Beta 1r1, refresh the ext-all.js and ext-all-debug.js files with the following that include the onReady bug fix. Beta 1r2 will have this fix but in meantime, you'll need to do this if your app will be accessed from IE.
ext-all .js and ext-all-debug.js with onReady bug fix (http://extjs.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=10662)

We've added several new enhancements and fixed many bugs since beta 1. We are currently working on beta 2 and plan to release it later this fall. In the meantime, please try out beta 1r1. We hope you'll be pleased with the enhancements and bug fixes. I'm sure many of you will be happy to have categorized view support and be sure to check out the api docs for Ext.nd that are now included in the Ext.nd Admin database.

Here's a list of the major enhancements and bug fixes included in Ext.nd Beta 1r1

Added "basic" categorized view support and support for response docs in views. This support will give users the expand one category/response at a time like the way the default domino html rendering does but within the nicer looking Ext grids.
Added the ability in Ext.nd.DomioUI to load in a doc, page, or any url into a tabPanel. This will allow links to documents, pages, etc. to be saved, emailed, etc. and when clicked on, the doc, page, or url will be loaded into a tab within the DominoUI layout. For example, this url (http://openntf.org/extnd/demo.nsf/main.html?Open&link=http://www.lotus.com) will open the Demos app and will then automatically load in http://lotus.com into a tab.
Added a sample application called Tasks to the download file. This is a demo application demonstrating how to use Ext.nd to convert a Notes application into a web application. This application is also discussed in an article recently published in THE VIEW titled, "Extend your Notes applications to the Web fast with Ext.nd" http://eview.com/eview/VOLR6.nsf/CurrentIssue/9AF7295FC73C048A852574B90066A2C0?OpenDocument)
Added new API docs for Ext and Ext.nd classes in the Ext.nd Admin database. The Ext.nd classes are shown as a separate node in the navigation menu and when expanded, you can find information about the Ext.nd classes.
Added support to allow you to develop and test Ext.nd enabled apps from your local machine with Domino Designer without needing a Domino server.
Now uses Ext 2.2 and thus, our license has changed to GPL. For those needing/wanting a commercial license, we are working on that as well.
Fixed the paging toolbar that was broken when working on category views. The "page x of y" wasn't showing the correct value for x on flat or categorized views and the previous/first and next/last buttons weren't getting greyed out when they should. The fix for this was to no longer show "page x of y" but instead to change the paging toolbar to report on what "entries" are being shown and not what "page". Therefore, the toolbar now says: "Showing entries x - y of z"
Fixed an issue where @formula actions that we couldn't convert would still display and then throw errors when clicked. The code now does not show these actions when the @formula can't be converted to JavaScript code.
Fixed the issue where Ext.nd.UIOutline was not rendering an outline in the same 'state' as it was saved in Designer. (i.e. expand the nodes that were expanded when the outline was saved).
Fixed an issue when refreshing a document in IE hangs IE (see this post: http://extjs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29936)
Fixed the issue with search not working with "show single category" type of views. Also fixed some search issues on normal views.
Fixed issue with grid height on PickListStrings/PickList and with UIView rendered to a div. The old code would sometimes leave the paging toolbar cut off.
Fixed issue with Actionbar code that tries to parse a title that is null. Action buttons can have their titles now set to nothing and the Ext.nd.Actionbar code will properly render the button without throwing an error.
Fixed Ext.nd.DominoUI to reference the correct UIView when changing views.
Fixed the issue with the string "null" displaying in columns when an empty string should display instead.
Fixed a couple of @Command parsing bugs. More info here > http://extjs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29273
Fixed issue with rows no longer expanding to show all content in a cell. (This worked in the alpha version but was was broke in beta 1)

Thanks again for all the great feedback and support. We do apologize for the long delay.

If you are viewing this thread for the first time, many of the posts in this thread are from old versions and don't apply to the current release.

This thread is here so anyone can subscribe to it and receive a "notification" when a new download is available. Please don't post bugs, questions or issues in this thread. Thanks!

perka
26 May 2007, 5:17 PM
Since my neighbour is having a party and I can't sleep I'll go ahead and test it right away.

RWaters
26 May 2007, 5:27 PM
Nah, forget about the code. Go join the neighbour's party! :)

jack.slocum
26 May 2007, 6:03 PM
Congrats on the first release Rich. It looks great!

KimH
27 May 2007, 12:13 AM
Congrats Rich (and the team) for the alpha 1 version =D>

I was hoping that we have had the time to get here first with our implementation of an Ext extension/plugin for Lotus Notes/Domino. Well.... maybe we can still get to a beta 1 or even the final 1.0 release before you guys ;)

Anyway... I have just tried out your alpha version and from what I can see of it we are taken another approach for supporting Domino, so I guess both implementations (and the other ones I have heard rumors about) can co-exist when they are final -- and that is a good thing :)

By the way... our implementation was initially build only for Lotus Notes/Domino, but we are about to extend it further for "IBM System i" (IBM AS/400) integration... which is another story (but we have plans for supporting ILE/RPG, ILE/Cobol and PHP on it).

RWaters
27 May 2007, 9:48 AM
Thanks KimH, we're glad to finally get it out.

Ext.nd actually brings together several previous projects for integrating Notes/Domino with Ext. Jack, Jake and myself had all been working on our own and had our own releases. After speaking with Jack Slocum we decided to all work together for a single official Ext Domino framework which is what you see the beginning of here.

I would recommend speaking with Jack Slocum before you go off whipping up your own release as there may be some licensing issues ;)

BPreusing
29 May 2007, 12:02 AM
Hi,
very nice framework!

My first tests with a simple "Player" form and 2 views (switching between them by column "sort") showed up some issues:

- left, right, center in columns ignored (header and content)
- number formatting is ignored
- all columns are sortable in both directionsa despite of their settings
- multiple values in columns not recognized (only first value is shown)
- in IE (6.0.2900) categorized columns display empty
- IE swallows 1 MB of RAM permanently on each switch between the two views.

Best regards.

Josep Alemany
29 May 2007, 2:06 AM
I can't wait to download and test all! I'm very interested in that project, can I help you in any way?

Congratulations,

Josep Alemany

jratcliff
29 May 2007, 2:30 AM
Hi BPreusing,

Thanks for the testing and feedback! This is exactly what we were hoping from the Domino community. The more people test and give us feedback, the more rock-solid the first release will be.

Now, as for what you found:

- left, right, center ignored - this should be an easy fix

- number formatting ignored - hopefully not too difficult ;) do you have any examples of formatting you are trying to do?

- all columns sortable - yep, knew about that one and it should be fixed soon

- multi-values in columns - hmmm, I thought it handled that. We'll relook at that

- categorized views - not supported yet

- IE memory leak - gotta fix that for sure!

Again, thanks for testing and as we make these fixes available please let us know if they work in your environment.

Jack
Ext.nd Team

BPreusing
29 May 2007, 4:25 AM
Hi Jack,

you are welcome!

Concerning number formatting: I at least need "n fixed decimals", "punctuation at thousands" and "paranthesis when negative".
I personally like translating "paranthesis" to "span color:red" ;.)

Attached you will find an example of my own earlier extjs experiments...

mdm-adph
29 May 2007, 9:14 AM
Thank you so, so much for putting all of this already in a database... (Don't have ftp access to my development environment.)

EDIT: By the way, are all these files safe to tinker/edit/change in a Notes 6.5 environment? It keeps giving the little error message about a "new version of notes" and all that, but is there any special formatting or anything I really need to worry about?

RWaters
29 May 2007, 9:57 AM
Ahh yes, you should be safe with everything in 6.5x and up. While it was created with a newer version we haven't used any new components or specific properties that would cause you issues.

Glad you're happy with the database release, we went back and fourth a couple times before deciding just to include it all because we wanted it to be easier for developers to pick up and use.

mdm-adph
29 May 2007, 10:34 AM
Allright, which one of you's on a mac? ext/resources/images/default/.DS_Store ;)

And who's using a Windows machine? ext/resources/images/default/grid/Thumbs.db. :P

(This is fun -- I feel like Sherlock Holmes. Working inside linux environments, I still find and delete at least five copies of Thumbs.db and .DS_Store every day.)

gkarl
31 May 2007, 8:43 PM
Hi Firstly thank you putting this example for domino out. Well done!

I have followed the getting started instructions, but have run against the following:

1) I created a view but with no documents show the view via the web.

Any pointers to getting the views to are greatly appreciated.

Mike626
1 Jun 2007, 9:19 AM
I effortlessly configured a test database to use Ext.nd, and most everything is working swell.

I was wondering if the page advance feature is working yet? I have 1,500 documents in my view, but only the first 40 are showing. At the bottom of the pane, the view indicates I am on page 1 of 1 and all of the page navigation is grayed out.

Thanks again. This is beautiful.

Mike.

mmcmahon
1 Jun 2007, 9:59 AM
While I applaud your efforts, any whiff of exclusiveness "single official Ext Domino framework" and the implication that there could be licensing issues for others raises some flags.

What are the explicit licensing issues over and above Ext's licensing model that we need to know about without bothering Jack?

mdm-adph
1 Jun 2007, 10:25 AM
Methinks that may have been in jest.

RWaters
1 Jun 2007, 10:27 AM
Perhaps my post wasn't taken correctly, I didn't mean to say that because we're developing an official framework that others would have licensing issues. I just meant in general when your developing an addition to this framework if you want to include it with yours there are licensing issues.

Also I remember at some point hearing that some were working on a commercial Domino+Ext framework and I just wanted to make sure that those folks were in touch with Jack before getting too far along.

jratcliff
3 Jun 2007, 5:26 PM

I have followed the getting started instructions, but have run against the following:

@gkarl - Are you using the default UI produced from DominoUI? If so, how are your 'view' links setup in your outline? In this, I mean the 'type'. Is it a 'Named Element' or a 'URL'?

jratcliff
3 Jun 2007, 8:35 PM
I effortlessly configured a test database to use Ext.nd, and most everything is working swell.

I was wondering if the page advance feature is working yet? I have 1,500 documents in my view, but only the first 40 are showing. At the bottom of the pane, the view indicates I am on page 1 of 1 and all of the page navigation is grayed out.

Thanks again. This is beautiful.

Mike.

Mike,

Is this a 'flat' view or a categorized view? We are currently using the 'toplevelentries' attribute from a view?ReadViewEntries call to help determine the number of pages. On flat views, this number returns the total number of documents in the view. However, on categorized views, this number returns the total number of top level categories. So 'entries' can mean either documents or categories depending on whether the view is flat or categorized.

Take for example the People view in the online demo we have over on OpenNTF
http://openntf.org/extnd/names.nsf/main.html

If we look at just the People view, we can see that there are 40,000 documents and paging works
http://openntf.org/extnd/names.nsf/People?ReadViewEntries

However, if we look at the People by Organization view, we see there is only 1 top level category and paging does NOT work
http://openntf.org/extnd/names.nsf/PeopleCat?ReadViewEntries

So, for now, the bad news is that categorized views are not yet supported. If your view is a flat view and the paging still doesn't work then there's another problem we don't know about yet.

Let me know,
~JR

jratcliff
3 Jun 2007, 8:39 PM

gkarl,

Here's something else to look at. I was working tonight on adding support for multi-value columns and alignment in columns when I discovered that no data will show if the 'programmatic name' is blank. I have fixed the code to account for that in SVN so on our next alpha release that will be fixed. Can you check and see if that is the issue you are having?

One way you can check is to open your view with the ?ReadViewEntries command like so:
http://openntf.org/extnd/names.nsf/People?ReadViewEntries

Do you have any name attributes that are blank?

~JR

jratcliff
3 Jun 2007, 8:40 PM
Allright, which one of you's on a mac? ext/resources/images/default/.DS_Store ;)

And who's using a Windows machine? ext/resources/images/default/grid/Thumbs.db. :P

(This is fun -- I feel like Sherlock Holmes. Working inside linux environments, I still find and delete at least five copies of Thumbs.db and .DS_Store every day.)

Well, I have a Mac to test with but I don't do my development on it. Must be Rich then. :)

jratcliff
3 Jun 2007, 8:42 PM
Thank you so, so much for putting all of this already in a database... (Don't have ftp access to my development environment.)

EDIT: By the way, are all these files safe to tinker/edit/change in a Notes 6.5 environment? It keeps giving the little error message about a "new version of notes" and all that, but is there any special formatting or anything I really need to worry about?

Hmm... must be because I'm using Domino Designer 7.02. Can I save the .nsf as a .ns6 file? Will that fix it? Anyone know before I try?

jratcliff
3 Jun 2007, 8:46 PM
Hi,
very nice framework!

My first tests with a simple "Player" form and 2 views (switching between them by column "sort") showed up some issues:

- left, right, center in columns ignored (header and content)
- number formatting is ignored
- all columns are sortable in both directionsa despite of their settings
- multiple values in columns not recognized (only first value is shown)
- in IE (6.0.2900) categorized columns display empty
- IE swallows 1 MB of RAM permanently on each switch between the two views.

Best regards.

I just added support for...
- left, right, center in columns (just content for now, haven't figured out how to do this for the header)
- multiple values in columns along with the multi-value separator is now supported.

These changes are in SVN and you will see them on our next alpha release. (I know your next question, 'when will the next alpha release be available?'.... I'll check with Rich and the rest of the team and one of us will let you know)

~JR

jratcliff
3 Jun 2007, 8:59 PM
While I applaud your efforts, any whiff of exclusiveness "single official Ext Domino framework" and the implication that there could be licensing issues for others raises some flags.

What are the explicit licensing issues over and above Ext's licensing model that we need to know about without bothering Jack?

Rich was referring to the "OEM / Reseller License" found here > http://extjs.com/license

Basically, if you are building something that will be packaged as a "development toolkit or plug-in-based framework...", then all the Ext team is asking is that you contact them so that you and Ext can work together. Otherwise, the way I see it, someone could take all of Jack's and the Ext team's hard work and repackage it as their own framework and sell it without having to give anything back to Ext.

So, what we did was contacted Jack and the Ext team to get permission and establish some boundaries/agreements on how we will work together to develop, market and support 'our' Ext + Domino framework/toolkit.

Now does this mean that there can not be another Ext + Domino framework? Absolutely not. I think that competition will benefit everyone. Our suggestion was simply that you should contact Ext first and setup your boundaries/agreements.

~JR

Mike626
4 Jun 2007, 9:34 AM
Yep. Categorization of the view was the problem. Once I flattened the view everything was great.

Still, for flat views I am blown away by the ease of implementation. Thanks again.

jratcliff
4 Jun 2007, 10:18 AM
Yep. Categorization of the view was the problem. Once I flattened the view everything was great.

Still, for flat views I am blown away by the ease of implementation. Thanks again.

Great to hear!

KimH
4 Jun 2007, 11:01 AM

I did bother Jack after the answer I got in here.... see below....

Rich was referring to the "OEM / Reseller License" found here > http://extjs.com/license

Basically, if you are building something that will be packaged as a "development toolkit or plug-in-based framework...", then all the Ext team is asking is that you contact them so that you and Ext can work together. Otherwise, the way I see it, someone could take all of Jack's and the Ext team's hard work and repackage it as their own framework and sell it without having to give anything back to Ext.

So, what we did was contacted Jack and the Ext team to get permission and establish some boundaries/agreements on how we will work together to develop, market and support 'our' Ext + Domino framework/toolkit.

Now does this mean that there can not be another Ext + Domino framework? Absolutely not. I think that competition will benefit everyone. Our suggestion was simply that you should contact Ext first and setup your boundaries/agreements.

~JR
I haven't heard of a commercial Ext+Domino framework, but I would like if you could point us to more information about who is working on this? Thanks!

Now... I send Jack Slocum an email asking about the licensing issues, and he told me that the issues was when the Ext team was planning a modified LGPL license. The community responded to this and the Ext team removed the modification again. So there should be no issues arising when doing this! However... as the License page (http://extjs.com/license) says it would be best to contact the Ext team when you plan to release a modification/extension ;)

By the way... I suggested Jack Slocum that he "upgraded" the 'official Ext+Domino team' to a higher level than "Ext User" :D

Gurmeet Sodhi
5 Jun 2007, 7:04 AM
Guys,
well done and congratulations on alpha release...and it is working great.
Here's my findings:-
1) view grid looks fine
2) Multiple views are not resizeable at this point
3) Pick list works fine on both page and forms but inorder to do multiple picklist on from I had to reset few HTML fieds for view name etc. And I couldn't hide these fields, if it's possible to hide these fields, pls let me know. Otherwise it looks great.
4) Jake's date control looks great from dwtext demo I was able to use that with extnd
5) Is there way to use cancel button or close tab button to go back to view again? I will try to get a hold of iframe and close frame or refresh.
6) From main document if you click on button to create response document, even it opens up response form, tab name doesn't change from main doc to response doc Title.

Again, great work guys....

Thank you!
Gurmeet

Meka
5 Jun 2007, 9:44 AM
Hi, First of all very good work. I followed all the steps. I am getting this javascript error. Error:'this.config[...].locked' is null or not an object. To be precise here is the line it is failing on..
isLocked : function(colIndex){
return this.config[colIndex].locked === true;
},
I am sure I am missing something here.. Thanks in advance.

eknori
7 Jun 2007, 4:13 AM
@Ext.nd Team

Great job!! I want to let you know that i've integrated the framework into OpenNTF project !!HELP!! (http://www.openntf.org/Projects/pmt.nsf/ProjectHome?ReadForm&Query=!!HELP!!).

jratcliff
7 Jun 2007, 5:01 AM
I haven't heard of a commercial Ext+Domino framework, but I would like if you could point us to more information about who is working on this? Thanks!

Hi KimH,

A couple of months ago Jack and I started talking after I made this post > http://extjs.com/forum/showthread.php?p=18783#post18783

We both thought it would be a good idea to have an official Ext + Domino project on Ext so I told him I would contact the people I knew of to see if we could combine our efforts. I sent private messages and emails to those that I knew of. Do you remember the PM I sent you? It was from the old forum (before this one was upgraded) but I never heard from you. From those that did respond, we all decided that yes this was indeed a good idea and thus a team was formed.

Here are the members of the core team:
Eli Harris
Rich Waters
Jake Howlett
Jerry Carter
Nathan Freeman
Jack Ratcliff

We also have support from OpenNTF to host our demos. Plus there are additional developers that are planning to contribute code, and like Ext, we welcome all code submissions and ideas. All downloads of the Ext.nd code will only be available on the Ext site and once we go live, we plan on also offering support (through subscriptions) and licenses (if needed) just like Ext.

Lotus Notes/Domino has a very large user base and hopefully, the Ext.nd project will get at least some to purchase licenses and/or support and this will be our way to also support the Ext effort. It's a win/win situation. The Domino community will reap the benefits of Ext in a custom framework designed to tightly integrate Ext with Domino. And Ext will reap the benefits of more exposure in more corporations and hopefully more licenses and support subscriptions being sold. :)

By the way... I suggested Jack Slocum that he "upgraded" the 'official Ext+Domino team' to a higher level than "Ext User" :D

Hey, I like that as well!

jratcliff
7 Jun 2007, 5:02 AM
@Ext.nd Team

Great job!! I want to let you know that i've integrated the framework into OpenNTF project !!HELP!! (http://www.openntf.org/Projects/pmt.nsf/ProjectHome?ReadForm&Query=!!HELP!!).

Awesome! Do you have an online demo or screen shots? Perhaps we can get an online demo hosted on OpenNTF if you want. Just let me know and I'll ask Vince/Nathan/Bruce.

~JR

jratcliff
7 Jun 2007, 5:05 AM
Hi, First of all very good work. I followed all the steps. I am getting this javascript error. Error:'this.config[...].locked' is null or not an object. To be precise here is the line it is failing on..
isLocked : function(colIndex){
return this.config[colIndex].locked === true;
},
I am sure I am missing something here.. Thanks in advance.

Hi Meka,

I haven't see this one before. Can you try setting up a page to just use the Grid? In the Alpha 1 db, take a look at the pages and copy the one named "demo-multiple-views.html" into your db. Then just change the code to load only 1 view, the view you are having this error with, and then try it out.

~JR

jratcliff
7 Jun 2007, 5:07 AM
Guys,
1) view grid looks fine
3) Pick list works fine on both page and forms but inorder to do multiple picklist on from I had to reset few HTML fieds for view name etc. And I couldn't hide these fields, if it's possible to hide these fields, pls let me know. Otherwise it looks great.
4) Jake's date control looks great from dwtext demo I was able to use that with extnd
5) Is there way to use cancel button or close tab button to go back to view again? I will try to get a hold of iframe and close frame or refresh.
6) From main document if you click on button to create response document, even it opens up response form, tab name doesn't change from main doc to response doc Title.

Thank you!
Gurmeet

I'll take a look at these issues this weekend and see if we can get them fixed and added to the next alpha release.

Thanks for your feedback!

jratcliff
7 Jun 2007, 5:54 AM
Guys,
1) view grid looks fine

Thank you!
Gurmeet

Hi Gurmeet,

Thank you for your feedback. We'll try and address the bugs and enhancement suggestions in our next alpha release.

In the meantime, I think I do have a solution for you for #5

In our main.html example, we have the following code in the JS Header:

var DemoApp = function() {

return {

init : function(){

var ui = new Ext.nd.DominoUI({
uiOutline : {outlineName: "mainOL"},
uiView : {viewName: "f1", viewTitle: "example 1"}
});

} // init
} // return
}();

Ext.onReady(DemoApp.init, DemoApp, true);

Change this:

var ui = new Ext.nd.DominoUI(...
To this:

this.ui = new Ext.nd.DominoUI(...

Then, on your doc/form that gets loaded in the iframe, you can add a button (and soon we'll have it so you can just add an action on an action bar) and put in this code:

// get the active panel
var panel = parent.DemoApp.ui.layout.getRegion('center').getActivePanel();

// remove active panel
parent.DemoApp.ui.layout.getRegion('center').remove(panel);

Remember that 'DemoApp' and 'ui' were the variables we declared in the JS Header of main.html, so if you have changed their names, then you'll need to do the same in the close tab code.

Hope this helps!
Jack

By the way, credit for the close tab code goes to ahoekie
http://extjs.com/forum/showpost.php?p=30929&postcount=14

eknori
7 Jun 2007, 9:25 PM
Awesome! Do you have an online demo or screen shots? Perhaps we can get an online demo hosted on OpenNTF if you want. Just let me know and I'll ask Vince/Nathan/Bruce.
~JR

I will work on a demo next week.

KimH
8 Jun 2007, 4:07 AM
We both thought it would be a good idea to have an official Ext + Domino project on Ext so I told him I would contact the people I knew of to see if we could combine our efforts. I sent private messages and emails to those that I knew of. Do you remember the PM I sent you? It was from the old forum (before this one was upgraded) but I never heard from you. From those that did respond, we all decided that yes this was indeed a good idea and thus a team was formed.
Damn... I never got that PM!!! :(( I have asked Jon (the webmaster) to have the old forum online for a period while migrating to this new forum... they wouldn't! So I have lost like 200 links and - now - also messages. Damn!

Well.... that said.... I agree that it was a good idea, and we will see how the projects from your team and ours will fit together when both get to a 1.0 release. :)

Here are the members of the core team:
Eli Harris
Rich Waters
Jake Howlett
Jerry Carter
Nathan Freeman
Jack Ratcliff
Cool! B)

Lotus Notes/Domino has a very large user base and hopefully, the Ext.nd project will get at least some to purchase licenses and/or support and this will be our way to also support the Ext effort. It's a win/win situation. The Domino community will reap the benefits of Ext in a custom framework designed to tightly integrate Ext with Domino. And Ext will reap the benefits of more exposure in more corporations and hopefully more licenses and support subscriptions being sold. :)
I'm wondering if IBM is thinking that they have put money on the wrong horse "Dojo" :D

mdm-adph
8 Jun 2007, 6:56 AM
I'm wondering if IBM is thinking that they have put money on the wrong horse "Dojo" :DNaw -- Dojo's got its good points. Plus, I've always thought of Dojo as just another framework like the YUI or Prototype, and Ext is designed to mesh together with an existing framework, right?

RWaters
8 Jun 2007, 7:12 AM
Naw -- Dojo's got its good points. Plus, I've always thought of Dojo as just another framework like the YUI or Prototype, and Ext is designed to mesh together with an existing framework, right?

Dojo is huge in comparison to YUI or Prototype. Dojo in my eyes is more directly a competitor of Ext due to the fact that they try to provide a set of widgets for developers to re-use and a framework for extending and building upon those widgets. The largest issue I have with Dojo is its difficulty, and until fairly recently massive lack of documentation (which is still lacking). If you really want to get into writing an application using Dojo you need to learn their build system and where all the widgets and components are so you can include them in your custom code. Then use their ant build system to create your custom built Dojo include file... The whole process is quite complex as is working with their framework.

I know myself and a few others who are working on Ext.nd have tried Dojo in the past and happily gave it up for Ext's simplicity, documentation, and support. It is our hope that down the line IBM will see that many Domino developers are not JavaScript guru's and will look for an easier solution to Dojo. ;)

jratcliff
9 Jun 2007, 5:12 AM
I agree with Rich, Dojo is more of a competitor to Ext than a 'base' framework. If you are interested in Dojo working with Domino then check out what Lance Spellman is doing.

Lance's blog
http://www.workflowstudios.com/lance/blog.nsf/

Lance's dedicated blog site for Dojo+Domino stuff
http://dojonimo.com/

KimH
10 Jun 2007, 11:18 PM
Just for future reference, the site has changed to (what it initially should have been):

http://dojomino.com/

jordanellington
11 Jun 2007, 8:32 AM
Rich,

Are you available or perhaps recommend a programming resource to work on a Domino web reskinning project?

You can reach me at jordan@legaltools.net.

Thanks,

Jordan

Gurmeet Sodhi
12 Jun 2007, 10:56 AM
I understand that we are still in alpha stage but extnd is good enough to use in small projects. And we would like to use in production for one of our project. we are a public org. so our policies require proper license agreement in order to use any third party software or code. So I have two questions:
1) Are you guys using extjs licensing terms or extnd is going to amend these terms to something else?
2) If you haven't decided about license then can we use extjs licensing for now? (until final release)
3) Any information about cost..:)

Thanks and keep-up the good work!

Cheers!
Gurmeet

jratcliff
13 Jun 2007, 8:18 AM
I understand that we are still in alpha stage but extnd is good enough to use in small projects. And we would like to use in production for one of our project. we are a public org. so our policies require proper license agreement in order to use any third party software or code. So I have two questions:
1) Are you guys using extjs licensing terms or extnd is going to amend these terms to something else?
2) If you haven't decided about license then can we use extjs licensing for now? (until final release)
3) Any information about cost..:)

Thanks and keep-up the good work!

Cheers!
Gurmeet

Hi Gurmeet,

I'm glad to hear that even the Alpha code is proving usefull. As for your questions, we'll try and have you answers soon.

~JR

Joe
18 Jun 2007, 5:46 AM
I like how the extnd toolset extends Domino naturally. I am still running through it all but found an item I did not see a reference to in previous posts. Kind of minor but figured I would pass it along anyway.

Scenario:
Open the Ext.nd.SampleMain.html?OpenPage then click About and Using on the left, which opens the two tabs. Then click the 'using database' link on the about page. Notice when you change between Using and About now, they are both the 'using' page since the Using openned in the about pages "space". Maybe change the link to use JS logic that looks for the page open or opens in a new tab like the outline does.

Again thanks for providing a great tool.

Meka
20 Jun 2007, 10:31 AM
Hi Meka,

I haven't see this one before. Can you try setting up a page to just use the Grid? In the Alpha 1 db, take a look at the pages and copy the one named "demo-multiple-views.html" into your db. Then just change the code to load only 1 view, the view you are having this error with, and then try it out.

~JR

Jack, Sorry for the late reply. I did copy "demo-multiple-views.html" to my database and changed code to load the view I had problem with (Actaully I have the same error if I load any view not just one view). I was able to load with no errors. Thank you.

EDIT: Sorry, my mistake. I did not copy the subform "(Ext.nd.Database)". It is working now,.

RWaters
16 Jul 2007, 11:25 AM
bump, realized the date of last post never changed for this thread.

Dominoble
27 Jul 2007, 6:54 AM
Everything looks great except my Date/Time fields don't display properly. @Created changes the 07/27/2007 format to 20070726 and the time portion T140857,72-04. The column displays 20070726T140857,72-04. BTW I am using GavinL's tweak for categorized views which works really well.

Found a workaround. @Text(@Created)) displays properly.

bawitdaba
29 Jul 2007, 11:34 AM
Amazing work on alpha 2! I had everything just how i wanted it in notes and couldn't find a good way to display it on the web, this framework is amazing. I can't wait to see the form stuff you guys got in the works

Only problems i had were this missing actionbar agent that wasn't in the install notes to be copied (reading on here fixed that easy), and i forgot to copy the database subform (i copied the Form by mistake they both had same name), oh and the Profile the path to database it almost look like it computed it and there is a empty textbox below, it might be helpful to put "Examples above" and then "Enter Path:" below or something...

Nice work, looking forward to future releases ;)

Maybe IBM will realize what they have done wrong for so many years

mdm-adph
30 Jul 2007, 11:33 AM
Maybe IBM will realize what they have done wrong for so many years

Oh, they will, and in typical IBM fashion they will realize it many, many years from now. :(

GavinL
31 Jul 2007, 12:25 AM
Everything looks great except my Date/Time fields don't display properly. @Created changes the 07/27/2007 format to 20070726 and the time portion T140857,72-04. The column displays 20070726T140857,72-04. BTW I am using GavinL's tweak for categorized views which works really well.

Found a workaround. @Text(@Created)) displays properly.

I've updated the categorized view code slightly (see the .js file in the attachment) so that the renderer parses dates and times. You can convert to text, as you are now doing, but you would run into issues if the application needs to be used in countries that have a different date format.

If you search for getItemText in the JavaScript you'll see I've added extra conditions for date, time and datetime to the case statement - you can specify your own date format here. You'll also notice at the bottom of the file a new function called Ext.nd.ux.util.Format that does the conversion.

Zakaroonikov
2 Aug 2007, 2:59 PM
I've updated the categorized view code slightly (see the .js file in the attachment) so that the renderer parses dates and times. You can convert to text, as you are now doing, but you would run into issues if the application needs to be used in countries that have a different date format.

If you search for getItemText in the JavaScript you'll see I've added extra conditions for date, time and datetime to the case statement - you can specify your own date format here. You'll also notice at the bottom of the file a new function called Ext.nd.ux.util.Format that does the conversion.

If you place the following CSS in your application you will also get column wrapping:
(courtesy of majorpay from: http://extjs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7990&highlight=The+grid+wrapping+issue)

.x-grid-hd-row td, .x-grid-row td, .x-grid-col div {
font:normal 11px arial, tahoma, helvetica, sans-serif;
line-height:13px;
vertical-align: top;
-moz-outline: none;
-moz-user-focus: normal;
white-space:normal;
}

This CSS should also work with the standard ext.nd grids as well. I have added the last xpath .x-grid-col div to make it work with ext.nd.ed.

bhaidaya
7 Aug 2007, 8:34 AM
Nice one..
Here is some code to enable single cat searching in your alpha2r1
its a simple comparison of the first value in the first column returning only matches. It's not perfect but it works...

attached is code that was originally from the SearchViewEntries agent written by Vince DiMascio (http://www.vincedimascio.com/vince/vpd.nsf/all/C3CCC7E325C00EC78825717A00647A17)

Sub Initialize
On Error Goto ErrorHandler

Dim session As New NotesSession
Dim thisDb As NotesDatabase
Dim thisDoc As NotesDocument
Dim view As NotesView
Dim entry As NotesViewEntry
Dim nav As NotesViewNavigator
Dim nvec As notesviewEntryCollection
Dim cols As Integer, i As Integer
Dim l As Long, j As Long
Dim qs As String, vw As Variant , q As Variant, singleCat As Variant
Dim doSingleCat As Boolean

Print "Content-type: text/xml"

Print {<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>}

Set thisDb = session.CurrentDatabase
Set thisDoc = session.DocumentContext

qs = thisdoc.Query_String_Decoded(0)
q = Evaluate( {@Middle("} & qs & {";"query=";"&")}, thisDoc )
vw = Evaluate( {@Middle("} & qs & {";"vw=";"&")}, thisDoc )
singleCat = Evaluate( {@Middle("} & qs & {";"restrictToCategory=";"&")}, thisDoc )
singleCat = Evaluate( {@UrlDecode( ""; "} + Cstr( singleCat(0) ) + {" );}, thisDoc )
singleCat = singleCat(0)

Set view = thisDb.GetView( vw(0) )
Set nav = view.CreateViewNav
Set entry = nav.GetFirstDocument
Set nvec = view.AllEntries
cols = Ubound( view.Columns )-1
Dim headers As Variant
Redim headers(0)

'build array of headers
Forall c In view.Columns
Redim Preserve headers(i)
headers(i) = XMLEncode(c.ItemName)
i = i + 1
End Forall

Call nvec.FTSearch( q(0), 0 )
j = nvec.Count

Print {<viewentries toplevelentries="} & j & {">}
Set entry = nvec.GetFirstEntry
While Not(entry Is Nothing)
l = l + 1

'Enable Single Category searches
If Len( Trim( singleCat ) ) <> 0 Then
doSingleCat = True
If Strcompare( singleCat, entry.columnvalues(0), "5" ) <> 0 Then
'Skip all entries that dont match our single cat
Goto skipThisEntry
End If
End If

Print {<viewentry position="} & l & {" unid="} & entry.document.UniversalID & {" noteid="} & entry.document.NoteID & {" siblings="} & j & {">}
i = 0
Forall v In entry.columnvalues
Print {<entrydata columnnumber="} & i & {" name="} & headers(i) & {">}
If doSingleCat And i = 0 Then
'Skip the display of the first column
Print { <text>.</text></entrydata> }
Else
Print { <text>} & XMLEncode(Cstr(v)) & {</text></entrydata> }
End If

i = i + 1
End Forall
Print {</viewentry>}

skipThisEntry:
Set entry = nvec.GetNextEntry(entry)
Wend

Print {</viewentries>}
'done

Exit Sub
ErrorHandler:
Print "error: " & Error & " on line " & Erl
Exit Sub
End Sub

of course you'll need to make sure single cat views are including '&restrictToCategory=' in the the ajax call to the agent..

like this

handleViewSearch: function() {
var qry = this.searchField.getValue();
var tb = (this.searchInPagingToolbar)?this.paging:this.toolbar;

if (!this.isSearching) {
this.oldDataSource = this.grid.getDataSource(); // Save the current DS so we can restore it when search is cleared

// define the Domino viewEntry record
var viewEntry = Ext.data.Record.create(this.dominoView.recordConfig);

// create reader that reads viewEntry records
var viewEntryReader = new Ext.nd.data.DominoViewXmlReader(this.dominoView.meta, viewEntry);

var ds = new Ext.nd.data.DominoViewStore({
proxy: new Ext.data.HttpProxy({
url: Ext.nd.extndUrl+'($Ext.nd.SearchView)?OpenAgent',
method: "GET"
}),
baseParams: this.baseParams.RestrictToCategory ? {vw: this.viewName, db: "/"+Ext.nd.Session.CurrentDatabase.FilePath, restrictToCategory: this.baseParams.RestrictToCategory} : {db: "/"+Ext.nd.Session.CurrentDatabase.FilePath, vw: this.viewName },
//baseParams: {db: "/"+Ext.nd.Session.CurrentDatabase.FilePath, vw: this.viewName },
reader: viewEntryReader,
remoteSort: false
});

this.grid.reconfigure(ds, this.grid.getColumnModel());
this.paging.unbind(this.oldDataSource);
this.paging.bind(ds);
this.isSearching = true; // Set this so we don't create the search datastore multiple times
this.clearSearchButton = tb.addButton({text: "Clear Results", scope: this, handler: this.handleClearSearch});
}
this.grid.getDataSource().load({params:{query: qry, count: this.searchCount, start: 1}});
}

something like that...

bhaidaya
7 Aug 2007, 9:57 AM

GavinL,
Thanks for this! Much appreciated...
a little trouble... i consistantly lose a day on this line

var oDate = new Date(Date.UTC(y, mo - 1, d, h, mi, s, ms));

a date that was 1/1/2008 0:00:00
becomes Mon Dec 31 2007 17:00:01 GMT-0700 (Mountain Standard Time)

i lose the -7 hours from GMT to MST ( my server is set to MST and the document was created on a machine using MST)

Even if i set my server to be GMT i get the same result..

edit: It works if i set my local machines time to GMT...

bhaidaya
7 Aug 2007, 10:15 AM
Ok i got it...
if i understand this correctly UTC sets itto be the universal time ie. GMT
we shouldn't be doing this... we just need a straight date conversion..

So this..

Should be

var oDate = new Date(y, mo - 1, d, h, mi, s, ms);

GavinL
8 Aug 2007, 12:41 AM
Ok i got it...
if i understand this correctly UTC sets itto be the universal time ie. GMT
we shouldn't be doing this... we just need a straight date conversion..

So this..

Should be

var oDate = new Date(y, mo - 1, d, h, mi, s, ms);

Thanks - I'll take a look at the function. It was based on code from a much larger library, so I may have removed something I shouldn't have. Out of interest, what happens if you simplify the function to just:

fromIso8601String : function(sDate) {

var regexp = '^([0-9]{4})[-/.]?([0-9]{1,2})[-/.]?' +
'([0-9]{1,2})(T?([0-9]{1,2})([-:.]?' +
'([0-9]{1,2})([-:.]?([0-9]{1,2})' +
'(,([0-9]{1,3}))?)?)?)?((Z)' +
'|([+-])([0-9]{1,2})([-:.]?' +
'([0-9]{1,2})([-:.]?([0-9]{1,2}))?)?)?$';

var r = sDate.match(new RegExp(regexp));

if (r == null) { return null; }

var y = r[1];
var mo = r[2];
var d = r[3];

if (r.length > 5) {
var h = ("" != r[5]) ? h = r[5] : 0;
if (r.length > 7) {
var mi = ("" != r[7]) ? r[7] : 0;
if (r.length > 9) {
var s = ("" != r[9]) ? r[9] : 0;
var ms = (r.length > 11 && "" != r[11] && r[11]) ? r[11] * Math.pow(10, 3 - r[11].length) : 0;
}
}
}
return oDate;
}

bhaidaya
8 Aug 2007, 8:10 AM
GavinL,
That was my first attempt.. Date.UTC() actually converts your time to GMT from what ever it was... in my case MST(-7h). I would imagine this would be usefull if your entire application ran on Universal Time(GMT) but displayed local times depending on who/where it was accessed...

heres the resource that set me straight (http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/Core_JavaScript_1.5_Reference:Global_Objects:Date:UTC)

pipo34
10 Aug 2007, 6:34 AM
Hi,
I'm not expert like you in Notes programming, but i'm very impressed and interessted by your work. =D>

I've put all the stuff in my domino server, and i've created a project to use it.
But, after long, long hours for trying to debug what was wrong, i'm despite to need your help :((

Everything's ok when i launch my project. But when i try to double click in a item view, the form tries to display but nothing appears, and in my firefox's browser debug, i've this
"
Ext is not defined
chrome://firebug/content/blank.gif Ext.nd.init({extndUrl : '../extnd_a2r1.nsf/'}); 9202944F52DAE02AC... (line 11)

Ext is not defined
chrome://firebug/content/blank.gifExt.nd.ACCESS_LEVELS = { Ext.nd.Session.js (line 9)

syntax error
chrome://firebug/content/blank.gif<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">\n 9202944F52DAE02AC... (line 1)

Ext is not defined
chrome://firebug/content/blank.gifExt.onReady(function() {
"

I'm using only views, and a form to test.

If you have any idea......
thanx....

jratcliff
10 Aug 2007, 9:28 AM
@pipo34 - sounds like the js files didn't load. In the HTML Head of your form/page are you entering the path yourself or are you using the profile doc and letting the formula pull from there?

Here's where I would start in troubleshooting. In Firebug, click on "Net" to see if the ext-all.js file loaded. My guess is that it did not since you are getting the "Ext is not defined" error. In Firebug, if you mouse over the ext-all.js file name you will see the entire path. Is it correct to where you have installed the Ext.nd db to?

Avi Tchiprout
12 Aug 2007, 8:46 AM
Hello Rich,

Very impressive work on ExtND. Looks fantastic, well done.

How do we help in getting this tested, reporting bugs etc?

I have installed and got all that could work to work but not sure if I have reached the "end" of what is available. Of course, seen many of the reported issues but have seen some new ones on my tests that have yet to be reported.

So how do I get involved in supporting your efforts?

Thanks
Avi

pipo34
13 Aug 2007, 5:05 AM
@jratcliff.
You were right. My js files didn't load. I put the right path again, and now it works.

Thx again.

jratcliff
14 Aug 2007, 12:51 PM
Great! Let us know how you like it!

RWaters
21 Aug 2007, 7:02 AM
PLEASE NOTE:
If you are viewing this thread for the first time, many of the posts in this thread are from old versions and don't apply to the current release.

This thread is here so anyone can subscribe to it and receive a "notification" when a new download is available. Please don't post bugs, questions or issues in this thread. Thanks!

msary82
1 Jan 2008, 5:44 AM
PLEASE NOTE:
If you are viewing this thread for the first time, many of the posts in this thread are from old versions and don't apply to the current release.cat site (http://catwebsite.googlepages.com/index.htm)

I understand now,, Thank you for your works.:)

jetmuzer
11 Jan 2008, 12:24 PM
Great work, thanks!

yuvalr
6 Feb 2008, 11:29 AM
We all waiting for the categorized views to work, as soon as it happen - I believe Ext.nd will become the standard for out of the box domino web applications.

RWaters
6 Feb 2008, 11:31 AM
We all waiting for the categorized views to work, as soon as it happen - I believe Ext.nd will become the standard for out of the box domino web applications.

This is very high on our todo list.

Royalburak
10 Feb 2008, 1:27 PM
Hi Jack,

you are welcome!

Concerning number formatting: I at least need "n fixed decimals", "punctuation at thousands" and "paranthesis when negative".
I personally like translating "paranthesis" to "span color:red" ;.)

Attached you will find an example of my own earlier extjs experiments...

Thank you.

reach_m_ravi
15 Apr 2008, 11:37 AM
On one of the threads they say, the following code worked....

thisWebDbName := @WebDbName;
extndDbWebPath := "/extnd2_b1.nsf/";
extUrl := extndDbWebPath + "ext/2.0.1/";
extndUrl := extndDbWebPath + "extnd/2.0.1/";
mode := @If(@UrlQueryString("debug") = "true"; "-debug"; "");
unid := @If(@IsNewDoc;"";@Text(@DocumentUniqueID));
editMode := @If(@IsDocBeingEdited;"true";"false");
"<!-- Ext JS library -->" + @NewLine +
"<script type='text/javascript' src='" + extUrl + "adapter/ext/ext-base.js'></script>" + @NewLine +
"<script type='text/javascript' src='" + extUrl + "ext-all" + mode + ".js'></script>" + @NewLine +
"<!-- Ext.nd JS library -->" + @NewLine +
"<script type='text/javascript' src='" + extndUrl + "extnd-all" + mode + ".js'></script>" + @NewLine +
"<script type='text/javascript' src='" + extndUrl + "Session.js?OpenAgent&db=" + thisWebDbName + "'></script>" + @NewLine +
"<script type='text/javascript' src='" + extndUrl + "UIDocument.js?OpenAgent&db=" + thisWebDbName + "&unid=" + unid + "&editmode=" + editMode + "'></script>" + @NewLine +
"<script type='text/javascript'>" + @NewLine +
" Ext.nd.init({extndUrl : '" + extndUrl + "', extUrl : '" + extUrl + "'});" + @NewLine +
"</script>" + @NewLine +
"<link rel='stylesheet' type='text/css' href='" + extUrl + "resources/css/ext-all.css' />" + @NewLine +
"<link rel='stylesheet' type='text/css' href='" + extndUrl + "resources/css/domino.css' />"

but I don't know whats in Session.js and UIDocument.js Now the extnd zip doesn't have these js files. Any help would be apprecitated. :((

jratcliff
15 Apr 2008, 4:55 PM
but I don't know whats in Session.js and UIDocument.js Now the extnd zip doesn't have these js files. Any help would be apprecitated. :((

These are agents in the Ext.nd database. Does that help?

osorolla
16 Apr 2008, 7:41 AM
I have tested your demo database, and all is OK, is an amazing tool, except the categorized views... In the Online version they works fine, but in the downloaded version they doesn't work. I only see the number of documents by category, or sometimes, if the view is expanded, I can see a blue twestie which does nothing when I do a click on it. Maybe the download version is not the same as the online version? Or I have done something wrong when I did the configuration tasks of the template and demo databases?

mdm-adph
23 Apr 2008, 6:25 AM
Just wondering... but because of the license change with ExtJS, is there ever going to a version of ext.nd based on Ext 2.1?

ssmillie
24 Apr 2008, 5:41 AM
I, like mdm-adph, am concerned about the new licensing. Seems like it makes Ext.nd difficult to use in Domino Development projects.

Any details or thoughts?

jratcliff
24 Apr 2008, 11:21 AM
Well, I'm not a licensing expert. Looks like once we go to using Ext 2.1, then Ext.nd will need to change it's license from LGPL to GPL. For Ext.nd, I'm not sure that anything changes for us since with both licenses you can download and use Ext.nd. However, and this is where I'm fuzzy on, for your custom Domino apps that you build that use Ext.nd, it sounds like you will have to GPL your own code??? We've talked in the past of offering a commercial license and support for Ext.nd so perhaps we need to do that sooner rather than later. That way, for those who want to use Ext.nd and don't want to GPL their own code, could purchase a commercial developers license and not have to worry about it.

What does everyone else think?

~Jack R.

ssmillie
24 Apr 2008, 11:41 AM
Jack, that is what I got out of it.

But this means we as Domino Developers that don't want to (or can't) share our source, we will probably need both a EXT.JS and EXT.ND Commercial License.

As a corporate developer, this goes from being a nice way to improve our organizations Domino apps to a one that will require purchasing licenses to use just to get started using EXT. I see this discouraging most of the Ext.ND potential user base (corporate developers), especially given the current economy and the cut backs on spending.

Joche
25 Apr 2008, 12:03 AM
http://extjs.com/downloads/extnd-beta1.zip

That link is very broken. Are there any other links for the download?

mdm-adph
25 Apr 2008, 5:17 AM
My understanding of the GPL was (and please correct me if I'm wrong about this) was that Ext.nd would only have to be GPL'ed if it is distributed with Ext -- is that correct?

jratcliff
25 Apr 2008, 5:42 AM
My understanding of the GPL was (and please correct me if I'm wrong about this) was that Ext.nd would only have to be GPL'ed if it is distributed with Ext -- is that correct?

I honestly don't know. I'll have Rich talk it over with Jack and the rest of Ext LLC. Maybe we can change the Ext.nd db to not include the Ext files and instead include directions to the developer to download this themselves.

jratcliff
25 Apr 2008, 8:01 AM
That link is very broken. Are there any other links for the download?

Sorry about that. Try it now.

Giuseppe Di Magno
13 May 2008, 3:54 AM
Hello Rich,

first of all congratulation for this extremly usefull tool. I will promote this to all persons I know, using notes databases in the web.

Beside this I would like to know if it is possible to add in a simple way grafics to the generated frames/outlines? Thank you for your information.

Giuseppe

zeus
17 May 2008, 10:50 AM
...but....the real demo have a lot of problem with category....

Hope isnear the moment we can download the same version as in the web demo.

I have some project and I'll like to use the new beta, but qith category working...

Great job, my compliments.

;)

jratcliff
17 May 2008, 4:54 PM
Hello Rich,

first of all congratulation for this extremly usefull tool. I will promote this to all persons I know, using notes databases in the web.

Beside this I would like to know if it is possible to add in a simple way grafics to the generated frames/outlines? Thank you for your information.

Giuseppe

graphics? Do you mean for an icon entry or an action button?

JimStoner
10 Jun 2008, 1:00 PM
Hi there,

Any update on the next release and the status of the new Ext 2.1 licensing?

Thanks,
Jim

JuanPalomo
13 Jun 2008, 10:10 AM
Hi guys,

I want to know the same as JimStoner..somebody can reply this question? :D

Thanks in advance

jratcliff
13 Jun 2008, 12:09 PM
Rich and I are still working on this and hope to have an answer for you very soon.

~Jack R.

JimStoner
19 Aug 2008, 11:47 AM
Hi Jack and Rich,

Any update? I assume the licensing is still not resolved, but can you predict if it will be this month, next month, fourth quarter, next year? If you are unsure of the timeline, can you update us on what the current obstacles are? Is it something any of us can help with?

Thanks,
Jim

jratcliff
19 Aug 2008, 9:09 PM
Hi Jack and Rich,

Any update? I assume the licensing is still not resolved, but can you predict if it will be this month, next month, fourth quarter, next year? If you are unsure of the timeline, can you update us on what the current obstacles are? Is it something any of us can help with?

Thanks,
Jim

Sorry for not keeping everyone posted of what's going on. I've actually been out on vacation the past 2 weeks and Rich has been busy on an Ext project with a client. As for a timeline on the next release, I would say this month is what we're shooting for. We have a few lose ends to tidy up and then we'll post it.

Jack

joel0903
21 Aug 2008, 9:53 AM
This is kind of rough and quick and searching this forum may find the answer to my question, but the storm is playing havoc on the power here and I need to get this asked:

I have downloaded the zip file for ext.nd from this site, unzipped and signed the database template, and created a database from it. I am running the demo on a local workstation (is this even possible or do I need to set up a server?). What should be in the ext.nd field in the profile? Is this for a server, the path, or something else?

I viewed the presentation from lotussphere, and I am assuming the third option about injecting the code is still to be built as I saw no method to do this in the application.

At any rate, where should I place the js files that are in the zip file? I have them in an extnd folder in my data directory. I am getting, however, an error loading the page "Ext.nd.Session.CurrentDatabase is null or not an object".

I have placed the js files in a folder in the data directory called extnd, and kept the directory structure the same. The notes databases are in the data directory (both the ext.nd database and the test database). When I launch the database on the web, I get an error Ext is undefined. What more do I need to do to use extND and to use the test application?

The following lines of JS were added to the header:

<script type='text/javascript' src='/localhost/ext/2.0.1/adapter/ext/ext-base.js'></script>
<script type='text/javascript' src='/localhost/ext/2.0.1/ext-all.js'></script>
<!-- Ext.nd JS library -->
<script type='text/javascript' src='/localhost/extnd/2.0.1/extnd-all.js'></script>
<script type='text/javascript' src='/localhost/extnd/2.0.1/Session.js?OpenAgent&db=demo2.nsf'></script>
<script type='text/javascript' src='/localhost/extnd/2.0.1/UIDocument.js?OpenAgent&db=demo2.nsf&unid=&editmode=false'></script>
<script type='text/javascript'>
Ext.nd.init({extndUrl : '/localhost/extnd/2.0.1/', extUrl : '/localhost/ext/2.0.1/'});
var ExtndApp = function() {
return {
this.ui = new Ext.nd.DominoUI({
uiOutline : {outlineName: 'mainOL'},
uiView : {viewName: 'f1', viewTitle: 'A Flat View Example', showSearch: 'true'}
});
} // init
} // return
}();
Ext.onReady(ExtndApp.init, ExtndApp, true);
</script>
<link rel='stylesheet' type='text/css' href='/localhost/ext/2.0.1/resources/css/ext-all.css' />
<link rel='stylesheet' type='text/css' href='/localhost/extnd/2.0.1/resources/css/domino.css' />
a
I notice that there is no ext folder in the zip file. Should I download ext separately and create this folder structure in the data directory? I should point out that I am also getting an error trying to open the database in the designer, though this may be related to the fact that I am using the 8.5 beta designer client on this workstation.

Joysurya
22 Aug 2008, 4:10 AM
Hi Jack,

It's really awsome. Could you please let meknow whether I can use this beta release for my next project in company. I work for a mnc.

Thanks & Regards

Joy

loucapo
22 Aug 2008, 11:51 AM
I have the same issue as Joel. I think its got to do with the agents that write out the JS files. These 2 agents are returning "Agent Done" instead of JS for me. Am I just doing something wrong?

<script type='text/javascript' src='/lou/ExtndTest.nsf/extnd/2.0.1/Session.js?OpenAgent&db=national/brandpacks.nsf'></script>
<script type='text/javascript' src='/lou/ExtndTest.nsf/extnd/2.0.1/UIDocument.js?OpenAgent&db=national/brandpacks.nsf&unid=&editmode=false'></script>

jratcliff
22 Aug 2008, 8:32 PM
This is kind of rough and quick and searching this forum may find the answer to my question, but the storm is playing havoc on the power here and I need to get this asked:

I have downloaded the zip file for ext.nd from this site, unzipped and signed the database template, and created a database from it. I am running the demo on a local workstation (is this even possible or do I need to set up a server?). What should be in the ext.nd field in the profile? Is this for a server, the path, or something else?

I viewed the presentation from lotussphere, and I am assuming the third option about injecting the code is still to be built as I saw no method to do this in the application.

At any rate, where should I place the js files that are in the zip file? I have them in an extnd folder in my data directory. I am getting, however, an error loading the page "Ext.nd.Session.CurrentDatabase is null or not an object".

I have placed the js files in a folder in the data directory called extnd, and kept the directory structure the same. The notes databases are in the data directory (both the ext.nd database and the test database). When I launch the database on the web, I get an error Ext is undefined. What more do I need to do to use extND and to use the test application?

The following lines of JS were added to the header:

<script type='text/javascript' src='/localhost/ext/2.0.1/adapter/ext/ext-base.js'></script>
<script type='text/javascript' src='/localhost/ext/2.0.1/ext-all.js'></script>
<script type='text/javascript' src='/localhost/extnd/2.0.1/extnd-all.js'></script>
<script type='text/javascript' src='/localhost/extnd/2.0.1/Session.js?OpenAgent&db=demo2.nsf'></script>
<script type='text/javascript' src='/localhost/extnd/2.0.1/UIDocument.js?OpenAgent&db=demo2.nsf&unid=&editmode=false'></script>
Ext.nd.init({extndUrl : '/localhost/extnd/2.0.1/', extUrl : '/localhost/ext/2.0.1/'});
return {
uiOutline : {outlineName: 'mainOL'},
uiView : {viewName: 'f1', viewTitle: 'A Flat View Example', showSearch: 'true'}
});
} // init
} // return
}();
</script>
<link rel='stylesheet' type='text/css' href='/localhost/ext/2.0.1/resources/css/ext-all.css' />
<link rel='stylesheet' type='text/css' href='/localhost/extnd/2.0.1/resources/css/domino.css' />

I notice that there is no ext folder in the zip file. Should I download ext separately and create this folder structure in the data directory? I should point out that I am also getting an error trying to open the database in the designer, though this may be related to the fact that I am using the 8.5 beta designer client on this workstation.

The js/css files that you see in the zip file are not needed. They are just for your convience so you can view the source code without having to open a notes client. In the HTML Head section of your form/page you need to make sure the address for the js/css files is pointed to the Ext.nd database that you have signed and placed either on your local machine or a server.

Notice the two js files that have the ?OpenAgent command? These js files are generated from opening an agent in the Ext.nd database and your current address is pointed to the js files that are not in the db.

So, once you point src and href lines to the Ext.nd db you should be ok.

jratcliff
22 Aug 2008, 8:37 PM
Hi Jack,

It's really awsome. Could you please let meknow whether I can use this beta release for my next project in company. I work for a mnc.

Thanks & Regards

Joy

Yes, you can use it for your next project. The more the merrier. :D As for working for a MNC, I don't think there's any issue at all with that. I don't see why it would make any difference.

jratcliff
22 Aug 2008, 8:40 PM
I have the same issue as Joel. I think its got to do with the agents that write out the JS files. These 2 agents are returning "Agent Done" instead of JS for me. Am I just doing something wrong?

<script type='text/javascript' src='/lou/ExtndTest.nsf/extnd/2.0.1/Session.js?OpenAgent&db=national/brandpacks.nsf'></script>
<script type='text/javascript' src='/lou/ExtndTest.nsf/extnd/2.0.1/UIDocument.js?OpenAgent&db=national/brandpacks.nsf&unid=&editmode=false'></script>

Hmm :-?, have you signed the Ext.nd db with an ID that has access to run unrestricted agents on your server? And, in your brandpacks.nsf db have you given this ID Designer access in the ACL?

loucapo
22 Aug 2008, 8:48 PM
Hmm :-?, have you signed the Ext.nd db with an ID that has access to run unrestricted agents on your server? And, in your brandpacks.nsf db have you given this ID Designer access in the ACL?

I used the sign db agent in your ext.nd db. My ID has manager access to all DBs on this dev server.

joel0903
23 Aug 2008, 2:53 PM
I now have the following html generated and placed in the html header. I have tested the syntax by removing the css lines at the bottom and noted that my style does change appropriately, so it appears as if the paths are being used correctly in each line of code. I am now getting a JS error that Ext.nd.Session.currentDatabase is null or not an object (on page load). I am running on a local machine (have also tried modifying each line to use the absolute path, just to be sure, but no gravy that way either). I've checked the signatures (signed by me).

I also have noted that running the agent manually (via the Notes client) produces an error DUPLICATE name GETACCESSLEVELS in USE module extnd/2.0.1/utilities. This was odd, because I looked at the LS library in question and didn't find anything at all named GETACCESSLEVELS... so... I don't know if the issue running the agent from the client is related to the problem at hand or not.

<!-- Ext JS library -->
<script type='text/javascript' src='/extndDB.nsf/ext/2.0.1/adapter/ext/ext-base.js'></script>
<script type='text/javascript' src='/extndDB.nsf/ext/2.0.1/ext-all.js'></script>

<script type='text/javascript' src='/extndDB.nsf/extnd/2.0.1/extnd-all.js'></script>
<script type='text/javascript' src='/extndDB.nsf/extnd/2.0.1/Session.js?OpenAgent&db=SA.nsf'></script>
<script type='text/javascript' src='/extndDB.nsf/extnd/2.0.1/UIDocument.js?OpenAgent&db=SA.nsf&unid=&editmode=true'></script>

Ext.nd.init({extndUrl : '/extndDB.nsf/extnd/2.0.1/', extUrl : '/extndDB.nsf/ext/2.0.1/'});
return {
uiOutline : {outlineName: 'mainOutline'},
uiView : {viewName: 'mainView'}
});
} // init
} // return
}();
</script>

<link rel='stylesheet' type='text/css' href='/extndDB.nsf/ext/2.0.1/resources/css/ext-all.css' />
<link rel='stylesheet' type='text/css' href='/extndDB.nsf/extnd/2.0.1/resources/css/domino.css' />

jratcliff
23 Aug 2008, 9:39 PM
...I am running on a local machine...

Hi joel0903, I think that's the issue. I totally forgot about a problem that Rich and I discovered a while back when running from a local machine. He and I have a test server we use so we rarely run from localhost. Tommy Valand just recently blogged on the subject here (http://dontpanic82.blogspot.com/2008/08/getting-relative-dbpath-on-localhost.html). What turns out to be the issue is that the FilePath property returns the filesystem path when run from localhost. So, can you do me a favor and see what is returned for the "filePath" property for the "currentDatabase". My guess is that is says something like "C:\\lotus\\notes\\data\\path\\db.nsf" instead of "path\\db.nsf".

jratcliff
17 Sep 2008, 3:02 PM
We've finally been able to post Beta 1r1. Please refer to the top of this thread for the info and download link

http://extjs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6829

DBaker
18 Sep 2008, 6:58 AM
We've finally been able to post Beta 1r1. Please refer to the top of this thread for the info and download link

http://extjs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6829

Jack -

How is this "official" release different from what you've been emailing to people over the past few months? I'm trying to determine if I should update my admin database with this version or just check out the tasks.nsf.

I'm specifically looking for two things:
1) If the Hidewhen formulas work with the actionbar buttons now
2) there are certain time when I edit a document, the new tab says, "Fixme" and there's no content.

Thanks.

jratcliff
18 Sep 2008, 7:40 PM
Jack -

How is this "official" release different from what you've been emailing to people over the past few months? I'm trying to determine if I should update my admin database with this version or just check out the tasks.nsf.

I'm specifically looking for two things:
1) If the Hidewhen formulas work with the actionbar buttons now
2) there are certain time when I edit a document, the new tab says, "Fixme" and there's no content.

Thanks.

Nothing new was added to the Ext.nd code itself. There was one bug fixed with Ext.nd.Form where the old code made the bad assumption that a form/doc would always be loaded in an Ext.TabPanel of Ext.nd.DominoUI. This, therefore, broke forms/docs loading in their own window. The other change was to the Ext.nd Admin database itself. There is now an API Document section that includes the Ext docs as well as the Ext.nd docs.

So, as to your #1 and #2 points, those issues are still there. I missed the "FixMe" title. That had to be something Rich put in. ;) In any case, now that we finally got over the hump and posted Beta 1r1, I'll see about fixing these and releasing them in Beta 1r2 instead of having you wait for Beta 2.

DBaker
22 Sep 2008, 10:26 PM
Nothing new was added to the Ext.nd code itself. There was one bug fixed with Ext.nd.Form where the old code made the bad assumption that a form/doc would always be loaded in an Ext.TabPanel of Ext.nd.DominoUI. This, therefore, broke forms/docs loading in their own window. The other change was to the Ext.nd Admin database itself. There is now an API Document section that includes the Ext docs as well as the Ext.nd docs.

So, as to your #1 and #2 points, those issues are still there. I missed the "FixMe" title. That had to be something Rich put in. ;) In any case, now that we finally got over the hump and posted Beta 1r1, I'll see about fixing these and releasing them in Beta 1r2 instead of having you wait for Beta 2.

Jack -

This may not be the best solution, but I thought I would post it anyway to get your thoughts and to help anyone else having the same problem.

I was getting the "FixMe" tab when I force a document to open in the active tab. In the demo site (http://openntf.org/extnd/demo.nsf/main.html), if you open any document under the single category views section, they open in a new window - I wanted them to open in the active tab. I used the gridHandleRowDblClick (http://extjs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38390&highlight=gridHandleRowDblClick) code posted by JimStoner (http://extjs.com/forum/member.php?u=8856) to override this function of Ext.nd.UIView so my documents open in the active tab.

When the edit button is pressed, a new tab would open with "FixMe" in the title. To get around this, I had to override the openDocument function of Ext.nd.Actionbar. I changed the ELSE portion of this statement:

FROM

Ext.override(Ext.nd.Actionbar, {
openDocument:function(editMode){
if(this.noteType=='view'){
this.openDocumentFromView(editMode);
return;
}
var mode=(editMode)?'?EditDocument':'?OpenDocument';
var unid=Ext.nd.UIDocument.document.universalID;
var pnlId='pnl-'+unid;
var src=this.dbPath+'0/'+unid+mode;

if(this.tabPanel){
var pnl=this.tabPanel.getItem(pnlId);
if(pnl){
var iframe=window.parent.Ext.get(unid);
if(iframe){
iframe.dom.src=src;
}
pnl.show();
}else{
var iframe=Ext.DomHelper.append(document.body,{
tag:'iframe',
frameBorder:0,
src:src,
id:unid,
style:{width:'100%',height:'100%'}
});
this.tabPanel.add({
id:pnlId,
contentEl:iframe.id,
title:'FixMe',
layout:'fit',
closable:true
}).show();
}
}else{
window.open(src);
}
}
});TO

Ext.override(Ext.nd.Actionbar, {
openDocument:function(editMode){
if(this.noteType=='view'){
this.openDocumentFromView(editMode);
return;
}
var mode=(editMode)?'?EditDocument':'?OpenDocument';
var unid=Ext.nd.UIDocument.document.universalID;
var pnlId='pnl-'+unid;
var src=this.dbPath+'0/'+unid+mode;

if(this.tabPanel){
var pnl=this.tabPanel.getItem(pnlId);
if(pnl){
var iframe=window.parent.Ext.get(unid);
if(iframe){
iframe.dom.src=src;
}
pnl.show();
}else{
document.location = src;
}
}else{
window.open(src);
}
}
});Adding document.location = src seemed to do the trick.

treslp
23 Sep 2008, 4:58 AM
Hello Rich, thank you for your Notes/Domino implementation. I downloaded the ext.nd b1r1 and it works fine in Firefox. However, when I try to create or open a document in IE7, a blank window is opened and IE indicates the following error:

Line: 2960
Char: 5
Error: Object required
Code: 0

Please could you advise a workaround for this error? Thanks and Regards, Petr

Dave Murphy
7 Oct 2008, 10:00 AM
treslp,

You are not alone. I get a similar "Error: Object Required" from IE 7 but FF is OK.

(:|

jratcliff
7 Oct 2008, 12:25 PM
@treslp and @Dave, are you seeing this in a custom app or in either the demo.nsf or task.nsf apps that are in the zip file?

Dave Murphy
8 Oct 2008, 5:52 AM
I see an "Error: Object required" in my custom app, the demo app and the tasks app when I try to open a document in IE 7. The doc displays in the tasks app, but it does not display in the demo app or my custom app.

In the tasks app and my custom app, IE reports:

Line: 158
Char: 134

In the demo app, IE reports:

If I can provide any other info to you, please let me know and I will try to get it.

mth96a
8 Oct 2008, 1:10 PM
nothing after it, use firefox with fire bug, turn on explicit reporting

phlegm
9 Oct 2008, 1:29 PM
I get the the same problem - even on the openntf demo site for ext.nd. I've not used ext.nd before, but maybe this is down to the ext.onReady event firing too early. Seems this is a common problem: http://extjs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43246

I have noticed that if I preview a form on its own, it loads correctly, but not when loaded in the ext tab container.

jratcliff
9 Oct 2008, 6:33 PM
I get the the same problem - even on the openntf demo site for ext.nd. I've not used ext.nd before, but maybe this is down to the ext.onReady event firing too early. Seems this is a common problem: http://extjs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43246

I have noticed that if I preview a form on its own, it loads correctly, but not when loaded in the ext tab container.

I was wondering the exact same thing with the Ext.onReady event and the bug that was introduced with Ext 2.2 (which is what we've included in Ext.nd). I'm going to try the posted overrides to see if they fix the issue.

Bj
14 Oct 2008, 5:30 AM
I'm trying to get this to work, and I'm both trying the demo.nsf and a custom application.

When I load the demo app, or the other, the page is blank, as in nothing at all happens.

I am using the extnd configuration database, and I have also tried to copy the working html from the openntf demo (which I noticed is running an older version of ext).

I have verified that all files load correctly using firebug, and I get no error (that I can see) in the javascript.

So, please tell me, what am I doing wrong? :)

regards,
Bj

Dave Murphy
14 Oct 2008, 11:57 AM
I followed the instructions here:

http://extjs.com/forum/showthread.php?p=236287#post236287

And patched the ext-all.js and ext-all-debug.js files in the my Ext.nd database.

I can now open a document in the demo db in IE (which I could not do before). However, when I click the Edit button I get a "Loading document..." progress bar that never goes away. FF still seems fine.

The error (htmlfile: Invalid source HTML for this operation) is coming from ext-all-debug.js. The js debugger points to the last line of the following code:

insertHtml : function(where, el, html){
where = where.toLowerCase();
if(el.insertAdjacentHTML){
if(tableRe.test(el.tagName)){
var rs;
if(rs = insertIntoTable(el.tagName.toLowerCase(), where, el, html)){
return rs;
}
}
switch(where){
case "beforebegin":
el.insertAdjacentHTML('BeforeBegin', html);

Not really sure what to try next at this point.

ganesh_manekar
14 Oct 2008, 10:40 PM
hi...
I have problem with form. When i execute the form individualy with extnd js and extnd css libraries, it executes properly.
But when i execute the same form using main.html its not working. Only CSS files works and Js files doesn't work,
even i hard code the path for JS and CSS files. Pls, give the suggesion for the problem.

Thanks.

jratcliff
15 Oct 2008, 1:35 PM
...The error (htmlfile: Invalid source HTML for this operation) is coming from ext-all-debug.js...

Are you opening a form in the demo.nsf db? I found this too and it turns out Domino sent some extra markup around the textarea field we defined for the RichText editor. When I removed this field all was good. I'm looking into a permanent fix on our end to account for Domino's extra and unwanted tags. In the meantime, I believe another poster posted that if you use Sans Serif 10pt font then Domino doesn't send extra formatting tags.

jratcliff
15 Oct 2008, 2:12 PM
hi...
I have problem with form. When i execute the form individualy with extnd js and extnd css libraries, it executes properly.
But when i execute the same form using main.html its not working. Only CSS files works and Js files doesn't work,
even i hard code the path for JS and CSS files. Pls, give the suggesion for the problem.

Thanks.

The fix that Dave linked to seems to fix this. You can do what he did and do this fix now or wait another day or two for Rich and I to post a newer version of Ext.nd with this fix included.

ganesh_manekar
15 Oct 2008, 10:41 PM
The fix that Dave linked to seems to fix this. You can do what he did and do this fix now or wait another day or two for Rich and I to post a newer version of Ext.nd with this fix included.

Thanks jratcliff....its working.

jratcliff
16 Oct 2008, 10:49 AM
Thanks jratcliff....its working.

Great! So you also did the fix that Doug has submitted to Ext? I'm waiting to hear back from Rich on what he thinks we should do for Ext.nd but in my tests, this fix fixes the IE issues we are seeing with iframes and Ext 2.2.

roudoudou
19 Oct 2008, 11:47 PM
Dear all,
I'm using the viewsuggest function.

But when i use some french carateres in myquery like

jratcliff
21 Oct 2008, 9:28 AM
I'll talk to Rich and we'll look at this. Sorry about this inconvenience. Hopefully we can get it worked out soon.

~Jack R.

rgralhoz
22 Oct 2008, 9:56 AM
Friends, tks for the help. I resolved my problem!

I had the error on IE6 or IE7, with EXT 1.1 (I'm not sure)
Error: Object Required

That wouldn't let me open some screens with grids (not always).

(1) I followed the instructions here: http://extjs.com/forum/showthread.ph...287#post236287

And still got the error
Line: 2971
Error: Object Required

(maybe the line changed cause ext-all.js changed).

I changed IE configuration at: Tools > Internet Options... > Advanced :
I unckecked "Disable Script Debugging (Internet Explorer)" and "Disable Script Debugging (Others)" and saw that the error was at lines (red)

pointerX: function(event) {
return event.pageX || (event.clientX +
(document.documentElement.scrollLeft || document.body.scrollLeft));
},

pointerY: function(event) {
return event.pageY || (event.clientY +
(document.documentElement.scrollTop || document.body.scrollTop));
},

(2) Then, I changed this code to

pointerX: function(event) {
return event.pageX || (event.clientX +
(document.documentElement.scrollLeft || document.body && document.body.scrollLeft));
},

pointerY: function(event) {
return event.pageY || (event.clientY +
(document.documentElement.scrollTop || document.body && document.body.scrollTop));
},

After this changes, in the file ext-all.js (or ext-all-debug.js) I found the solution!!

Thank u all, I hope this can help someone! :D

somersst
9 Nov 2008, 6:09 AM
Hello,

I tried everything already to get the demo working. Also read the article in "The View" already, but I'm unable to get it working. I always get the javascript error :
ext.nd.session.currentdatabase is null
Application is running on the domino-server so not local.
Any help would be welcome

jratcliff
12 Nov 2008, 6:57 AM
Hello,

I tried everything already to get the demo working. Also read the article in "The View" already, but I'm unable to get it working. I always get the javascript error :

Try this fix. We've included it into the next beta but for now you can do this in your current copy of Ext.nd.

http://extjs.com/forum/showthread.php?p=236904#post236904

becomcs
17 Nov 2008, 3:15 AM
Are you opening a form in the demo.nsf db? I found this too and it turns out Domino sent some extra markup around the textarea field we defined for the RichText editor. When I removed this field all was good. I'm looking into a permanent fix on our end to account for Domino's extra and unwanted tags. In the meantime, I believe another poster posted that if you use Sans Serif 10pt font then Domino doesn't send extra formatting tags.

I found the solution. (I think so).

In the convertToHtml function

Replace the tag != 'div' case by

var ed = new Ext.form.HtmlEditor({
width: 800,
height: 300,
applyTo: el.id
});

BR

Benoit

becomcs
17 Nov 2008, 8:26 AM
Hello,

Try also this http://www.extjs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48800&highlight=anonymous

Also the ext is'nt 6.x compliante. To do so you have to open lotusscript library and comment the check around notesdabase.isDB2 property and set isdb2 default to false.

Vidyasagar
18 Nov 2008, 9:28 PM
Hello,

I am new to this framework. I would like to know if there is a way to change the layout. I need to use it in a project and any help would be welcome.

Thanks in advance.

becomcs
19 Nov 2008, 1:03 AM
I try to do so but I encounter some issues

http://extjs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53060

forefront
20 Nov 2008, 11:49 PM
There are many bugs and to be added function on the ext.nd.It's not worth to studying it now.

jratcliff
23 Nov 2008, 7:50 PM
Hello,

I am new to this framework. I would like to know if there is a way to change the layout. I need to use it in a project and any help would be welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Start with the Ext.nd.DominoUI class (/extnd/2x/source/domino/DominoUI.js) and use it as an example. The DominoUI class basically creates an Ext.Viewport with a west and center region for an outline and a view. You can make a copy of this class and add a north and south region or change how you want to handle the rowdblclick event on a view or an openentry event on an outline.

With the next beta (Beta 2) you'll be able to put together very complex UIs since we are refactoring the code to work more like Ext 2 and thus you'll have "xnd" xtypes that you can use in an items array in complex layouts. Plus we plan on having more ui events for views, forms/documents, outlines, etc. that match what you get in a notes client. So more is coming. :)

Jack

dbeckitt
23 Nov 2008, 7:59 PM
Really looking forward to the next Beta. Any chance of this being available before Lotusphere 09? :-)

jratcliff
23 Nov 2008, 8:10 PM
There are many bugs and to be added function on the ext.nd.It's not worth to studying it now.

We're working on it constantly to fix bugs and add new features. The only way we can make it better, however, is to have early adopters let us know of the issues they find. Do you have any specific bugs that you care to report? I'm using Ext.nd in two major applications without any problems and find that it has given these applications capabilities that I could never have done on my own.

So please please please let us know what you find that is broke and needs fixing so we can address these issues. By only saying that "there are many bugs...and it's not worth studying now" doesn't help us make it better and what's worse, those comments could scare off other potential developers that could have reported issues and made suggestions and thus could have helped the entire community.

Jack

jratcliff
23 Nov 2008, 8:22 PM
I found the solution. (I think so).

In the convertToHtml function

Replace the tag != 'div' case by

var ed = new Ext.form.HtmlEditor({
width: 800,
height: 300,
applyTo: el.id
});

BR

Benoit

Hmm, ok, I'll try that.

jratcliff
24 Nov 2008, 11:04 AM
Since we are still testing Beta 1r2 here's a zip file that includes the onReady fix for ext-all.js and ext-all-debug.js. Simply download and unzip and then refresh these files in your copy of the Ext.nd db with these files and the problems most of you are seeing with IE when using the Ext.nd.DominoUI class should be fixed.

http://extjs.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=10662

Dave Murphy
25 Nov 2008, 7:18 AM
I downloaded the new files in Jack's previous post and I'm no longer getting errors in IE 7. :D However, IE's caching is causing issues. If a user's saves a doc and reopens it in read mode they see old data. No issues in Firefox.

I added

<META HTTP-EQUIV="Pragma" CONTENT="no-cache">
<META HTTP-EQUIV="Expires" CONTENT="-1">

to the form's HTML Head Content but it seems to have no effect.:-/

ronkats
26 Nov 2008, 3:37 AM
I use the demo database Tasks.nsf, when opening in IE 6.029........ and get the error "Ext.nd is null or not an object" (three times on line 1, 2 and 3).

On the page main.html i put the
@Eval(@DbLookup("";"":"admin/extadmin.nsf";"($configurations)";"DE4AC7D65B28929CC125750D003C3B80";"HTMLHeadDominoUI";[FailSilent]))
in the header
no JS header code used.

on the profile document i referred to de Ext.nd admin as
admin/extadmin.nsf

on the configuration in Ext.nd admin I filled in all then fields and copied the @dblookup mentioned above.

What am I doing so wrong.....?:-/

laic
21 Dec 2008, 12:26 AM
Thanks,I've download this file,study first.

Sean Bannister
9 Jan 2009, 4:45 AM
Hey Jack,

It seems that the ZIP containing the IE fix is corrupt. I've tried using Winzip, WINRAR and Vista to extract the files with no luck - they all say the file is corrupt.

Any chance of posting another copy?

Regards

Sean

jratcliff
9 Jan 2009, 2:50 PM
Hey Jack,

It seems that the ZIP containing the IE fix is corrupt. I've tried using Winzip, WINRAR and Vista to extract the files with no luck - they all say the file is corrupt.

Any chance of posting another copy?

Regards

Sean

Try downloading with FF. Downloading zip files with IE seems to cause problems in the Ext forums.

TY@GP
10 Jan 2009, 12:03 PM
Is there any outlook on teh 1r2 release. I have found a number of caveats in the current viewUI code. I have defeveloped a update on the viewUI to solve these issues.

Issues
No formatting (color, font and size) op column's
Missing expand icons on columns with responses
Incorrect indent on columns with responses
Incorrect order of columns in categorized views
Default outline is not using notes icons
Notes outline does not use collapsable iconsChanges
Corrected formatting
Corrected indent
Corrected sort order
Corrected Notes icons on dom viewUsed ext collapse icons on folder that does not have icons

I am also working on the following updates
Special column rederers such as Gantt chart, Popup columns, Image Columns)
Special column formatting
Grouping multiple categorized columns into one treeview column to simulate real trees using domino's column format
Full expandable tree (no collapse when next column expands)
Enhanced key support (esc to close view, +/- to expand or collapse view using keyboard
View selection column with checkmarks and quick select using the mouse.I wil release this code using this forum if you agree.

The code is added as attachement.

Any people wanting to use the updated view code,

download the file and rename it to uiview2.js
copy it to the root op jouw domino html directory and
just add the line

"<script type='text/javascript' src='/UIView2.js'></script>"
"<script type='text/javascript' src='/UIOutline2.js'></script>"

Just below the standard js scipt tag
"<script type='text/javascript' src='" + extndUrl + "UIDocument.js?OpenAgent&db=" + thisWebDbName + "&unid=" + unid + "&editmode=" + editMode + "'></script>" + @NewLine ....

in jouw start page

Sean Bannister
10 Jan 2009, 8:12 PM
I use the demo database Tasks.nsf, when opening in IE 6.029........ and get the error "Ext.nd is null or not an object" (three times on line 1, 2 and 3).

On the page main.html i put the
@Eval(@DbLookup("";"":"admin/extadmin.nsf";"($configurations)";"DE4AC7D65B28929CC125750D003C3B80";"HTMLHeadDominoUI";[FailSilent]))
in the header
no JS header code used.

on the profile document i referred to de Ext.nd admin as

on the configuration in Ext.nd admin I filled in all then fields and copied the @dblookup mentioned above.

What am I doing so wrong.....?:-/

I believe you may have replaced the incorrect files when applying Jacks patch. That is to say you may have over written extnd-all.js with the new ext-all.js and extnd-all-debug.js with the new ext-all-debug.js. Try going back to the original design of the Ext.nd template and reapply the patches to the correct files:

ext-all.js ---> ext/2x/ext-all.js
ext-all-debug.js ---> ext/2x/ext-all-debug.js

Sean Bannister
10 Jan 2009, 8:13 PM
Try downloading with FF. Downloading zip files with IE seems to cause problems in the Ext forums.

Thanks Jack, all good now.

jratcliff
10 Jan 2009, 11:21 PM
TY@GP -- Thanks for the code. I'll look it over to see if there is anything we can use. As for Beta 1r2, the plan now is to just move forward with Beta 2. We are finishing it up now and will have it posted either next week or the week of Lotusphere.

As for some of the issues you found:

No formatting (color, font and size) op column's
Yes, we just haven't taken the time to do that yet. I'll look at what you did and will see about including it in Beta 2.

Missing expand icons on columns with responses
Incorrect indent on columns with responses

I didn't realize we had issues with response docs. I'll look into that and will look at your solution as well and will try and get the fix into Beta 2.

Incorrect order of columns in categorized views
Not sure I understand what you mean here. Can you elaborate?

Default outline is not using notes icons
Yes, we decided to let the default not use the notes icons but instead use Ext's folder and leaf icons. It looks like all you did was change the default from false to true? Is that correct? Since this is a config property of UIOutline you don't have to change the source code but instead just pass it in your config object like so:

var outline = new Ext.nd.UIOutline({
outlineName : 'mainOL',
useOutlineIcons : true
treeConfig : {
renderTo : 'yourDiv'
}
});

With Beta 2, UIOutline just extends Ext.tree.TreePanel and thus the treeConfig object goes a way and in Beta 2, the code would be:

useOutlineIcons : true,
});

You can even specifiy not to show any icons like so:

showIcons : false,
});

Notes outline does not use collapsable icons
Not sure what you mean here. Can you elaborate?

Changes

Corrected formatting
Corrected indent
Corrected sort order
Corrected Notes icons on dom viewUsed ext collapse icons on folder that does not have icons

I'll look them over

I am also working on the following updates
Special column rederers such as Gantt chart, Popup columns, Image Columns)
Special column formatting
Grouping multiple categorized columns into one treeview column to simulate real trees using domino's column format
Full expandable tree (no collapse when next column expands)
Enhanced key support (esc to close view, +/- to expand or collapse view using keyboard
View selection column with checkmarks and quick select using the mouse.I wil release this code using this forum if you agree.

I can't wait to see the Gantt chart.
Rich is currently working on a full expandable tree as you describe (no collapse when the next column expands)
Beta 2 will also have a way to define the selection model as an Ext.grid.CheckboxSelectionModel. Is that what you have planned? If so, you may want to wait for Beta 2.

Also, what do you mean by:

quick select using the mouse

TY@GP
11 Jan 2009, 2:50 AM
[quote=jratcliff;272043]TY@GP -- Thanks for the code. I'll look it over to see if there is anything we can use. As for Beta 1r2, the plan now is to just move forward with Beta 2. We are finishing it up now and will have it posted either next week or the week of Lotusphere.

As for some of the issues you found:

Yes, we just haven't taken the time to do that yet. I'll look at what you did and will see about including it in Beta 2.

Thx, I just created an update to resolve the row heigth issue's I am experiencing on none categorized views bij removing the "postion:absolute" style tag for the none categorized rows. It also support the notes view.shrinktocontent feature bij defining min-height and max-heigth style tag by row (which does not work on IE)

With these changes the look and feel of the NAB is about 99% the same as that of the notes client.

I didn't realize we had issues with response docs. I'll look into that and will look at your solution as well and will try and get the fix into Beta 2.

Not sure I understand what you mean here. Can you elaborate?

I will post a sample of the view which is going wrong

Yes, we decided to let the default not use the notes icons but instead use Ext's folder and leaf icons. It looks like all you did was change the default from false to true? Is that correct? Since this is a config property of UIOutline you don't have to change the source code but instead just pass it in your config object like so:

To give newbees the wow feeling I prefer to give everything the default domino look and feel. But I also added a line that the domino folder and view icon's are replaced by the Ext icon. To show the open and closed folder icon.

Paul Davies
22 Jan 2009, 7:52 AM
Hi - ext-all-onReady-bug-fix.zip (http://extjs.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=10662&d=1227551231) file appears to be corrupt. It won't open as a Zip archive

Edit: I just saw the previous post and have used FF to download with success

TY@GP
1 Mar 2009, 1:01 AM
23-03 Update - Source code available

I spent the last month to modify the uiview code to resolve so open issues I have found. A current overview of the status.

This code will contain a number of enhancement that probably overlapping with 1.2 beta release. I will reimplement these changes as soon as the new version is available.

Resolved issues/changes:
1) Refacored the code to support object based column model (needed to support additional widgets such as gantt charts.
2) Support of Colors, Typefaces in Column Header
3) Support of Colors/Typefaces in Column Body
4) Partial view loading - Load category rows on first time it is expanded.
5) Support Notes based sorting (asc, desc and original view)
6) Auto expand last column
7) Notes based selection model with checkmarks and on over mouse over selection
8) Bugfix on date formating for none us languages
9) Notes based twisties
10) Variable row high for Gecko browsers (IE does not support min/max height)
11) Automatic Horizontal Column scrolling (using mouse)
12) Automatic Vertical Column scrolling (using mouse)
13) Fixing reponse columns.
14) Auto indent on hierarchical reponses.

Ps I have modified a lot of the orginal libraries of EXTND. An keep the naming of the classes to minimized the changes need to your application.

How to use this library.

Extract the zip file in the root of your domino html directory.

Just add the following lines to the page that load the extnd libraries (main.html)

Sample:
<!-- Ext JS library -->
<script type='text/javascript' src='/extnd/extnd_1.0.0.nsf/ext/2x/adapter/ext/ext-base.js'></script>
<script type='text/javascript' src='/extnd/extnd_1.0.0.nsf/ext/2x/ext-all.js'></script>
<script type='text/javascript' src='/extnd/extnd_1.0.0.nsf/extnd/2x/extnd-all.js'></script>
!-- GpTyrona Widgets for ExtJS for Domino -->
<script type='text/javascript' src='/default.js'></script>
<script type='text/javascript' src='/extjs/extnd-gp.js'></script>

This is all you have to do for normal view. The gantt view requires a view with 3 columns. Task, startDate, endDate and options the type and color. I will post and other topic for people that are interested.

Scrolling views and the gantt column is working as follow: Press the left mouse button in the column to scroll. Hold it down and mouse the mouse. If the mouse moves outside the column boundries the column will scroll horizontally and/or vertically.

Screen Captures of New widgets
a) Gantt chart column widget
b) Treeview summary column widget (combination op multiple cat colums in one treeview)
c) Image Popup column widget (not in the uplaod code yet)

16-04 Update - Source Code available

Hereby a update of the uiview enhancements package.

Issues solved:

Icon's disappearing when twisty is collapsed/expanded
Workaround implemented

Paging is not working (paging buttons disabled)
Enhancements

Click able "Show next" icon is views as replacement of paging toolbar
Refresh menu item added to Contextmenu to Refresh a single row
Reload of View using refresh button in paging toolbar.
I will post a sample database to see the gantt chart en checkmark column in action soon.

jladeia
1 Mar 2009, 2:43 PM
Hello TY@GP,
I want this update...
regards,

Jeferson Ladeia

tarikonen
12 Mar 2009, 6:09 AM
People that are interrested before the fix is available can reply on this thread.

Hi TY@GP,
Can you send me your fix?
thanks in advance,

Alessandro

pepe
16 Mar 2009, 5:12 AM
Hi,

Can you please send me the update..:D

Thanks in advance

daddyschmack
16 Mar 2009, 8:47 AM
Thanks in advance!

jasontj
20 Mar 2009, 5:58 PM
I would love to see what you have done. Please send... jasontj@yahoo.com

pepe
12 Apr 2009, 1:22 PM
Hi TY@GP,

Really magnific job!! =D>

Just one question.. are you planing to integrate your code with the new version? (beta 2)

Thanks in advance,

Update - Source code available

Ik spent the last month to modify the uiview code to resolve so open issues I have found. A current overview of the status.

This code will contain a number of enhancement that probably overlapping with 1.2 beta release. I will reimplement these changes as soon as the new version is available.

Resolved issues/changes:
1) Refacored the code to support object based column model (needed to support additional widgets such as gantt charts.
2) Support of Colors, Typefaces in Column Header
3) Support of Colors/Typefaces in Column Body
4) Partial view loading - Load category rows on first time it is expanded.
5) Support Notes based sorting (asc, desc and original view)
6) Auto expand last column
7) Notes based selection model with checkmarks and on over mouse over selection
8) Bugfix on date formating for none us languages
9) Notes based twisties
10) Variable row high for Gecko browsers (IE does not support min/max height)
11) Automatic Horizontal Column scrolling (using mouse)
12) Automatic Vertical Column scrolling (using mouse)
13) Fixing reponse columns.
14) Auto indent on hierarchical reponses.

Ps I have modified a lot of the orginal libraries of EXTND. An keep the naming of the classes to minimized the changes need to your application.

How to use this library.

Extract the zip file in the root of your domino html directory.

Just add the following lines to the page that load the extnd libraries (main.html)

Sample:
<!-- Ext JS library -->
<script type='text/javascript' src='/extnd/extnd_1.0.0.nsf/ext/2x/adapter/ext/ext-base.js'></script>
<script type='text/javascript' src='/extnd/extnd_1.0.0.nsf/ext/2x/ext-all.js'></script>
<script type='text/javascript' src='/extnd/extnd_1.0.0.nsf/extnd/2x/extnd-all.js'></script>
!-- GpTyrona Widgets for ExtJS for Domino -->
<script type='text/javascript' src='/default.js'></script>
<script type='text/javascript' src='/extjs/extnd-gp.js'></script>

This is all you have to do for normal view. The gantt view requires a view with 3 columns. Task, startDate, endDate and options the type and color. I will post and other topic for people that are interested.

Scrolling views and the gantt column is working as follow: Press the left mouse button in the column to scroll. Hold it down and mouse the mouse. If the mouse moves outside the column boundries the column will scroll horizontally and/or vertically.

Screen Captures of New widgets
a) Gantt chart column widget
b) Treeview summary column widget (combination op multiple cat colums in one treeview)
c) Image Popup column widget (not in the uplaod code yet)

TY@GP
13 Apr 2009, 3:43 PM
Let say it this way, I will updated this library for each version of extnd. Yesterday I tested the packages on the beta 2 release and it still works. But due to the fact I not yet have a full list of changes between beta 1.1 and beta 2. I have to look into the code changes that are made by teh extnd team. Based on the information I received the mail changes made are on other area's than the domino view classes. When I have additional information I will post this information on the forum.

McLuvin
24 Dec 2009, 9:11 AM
Hi,

I am new to this website and would like to know if tehre is a system help kind of information avaialble.

I would like to know how to make the action buttons of the view available for the web.

BR,
McL