PDA

View Full Version : Facebook-like menus

dotsimple
18 May 2009, 5:31 AM
Hi..!

I was wondering if there is any way to create a facebook-like menu where the menu acts almost like a taskbar. When you scroll the page it will keep the same position at the bottom of the page (without showing scrolling movements)

It is not meant to act like a taskbar whereby other windows are shown on it. it's just a shortcut bar that can have normal toolbar buttons. Like a normal menu in extjs.

Thanks a lot...!

Animal
18 May 2009, 5:43 AM
Should be easy.

Create a div anchored to the bottom of the page just like Facebook does. position: fixed, bottom: 0, right: 0, width: 100%

Render a menu into it configured floating: false, but use a class name on it , and a style rule to make its child li.x-menu-list-item elements float:left

You'll also need to adjust the defaultAlign setting so that the submenus pop up where you want them.

Animal
18 May 2009, 5:44 AM
Or style the menu Element directly to anchor it at the bottom of the page... probably easier.

dotsimple
18 May 2009, 6:12 AM
I did that - thank you very much and it works! I only saw one thing that happened funny! When you click on a menu, then the opened menu works like a charm. But if you had it in an open position and you use the mouse's scroll wheel and the page moves up and down so does the opened menu.

In other words the opened menu does not stay with the toolbar itself.

I hope I am making sense! Thanks a lot by the way - it got me n the right direction :)

Animal
18 May 2009, 6:21 AM
Try rendering those submenus to the main menubar's Element (They should be hidden initially, so it should be fine to render them)

Animal
18 May 2009, 9:22 AM
didja get it working? Got a screenshot/demo?