PDA

View Full Version : Toolbar Overflow with Button Text

Lloyd K
28 May 2009, 3:03 AM
I have a toolbar with various buttons with no text captions, however when I overflow the menu generated naturally also has no text either just the image.

Is there any way to provide text for the button when overflowed only?

1 Jun 2009, 5:42 AM
out of the box, no. you need to look at the source and provide our own plugin or override.

Lukman
25 Jun 2009, 4:57 AM
I have a toolbar with various buttons with no text captions, however when I overflow the menu generated naturally also has no text either just the image.

Is there any way to provide text for the button when overflowed only?
As of Ext JS 3.0 RC2, you can specify overflowText for each of the toolbar buttons for the text to use when the buttons are overflowed into menu items.

-------------

I wish there is also something like overflowIconCls to make my large toolbar buttons use different icon classes with smaller icons when overflowed into menu items.

Lloyd K
25 Jun 2009, 6:28 AM
Nice it wasn't in the docs iirc so I totally overlooked it, thanks!

Is there any way of controlling what can be overflowed and what can't? Like I hope some splitters and controls that can't go in the menu (combo boxes) so I'd like to just even allocate space for them which Ext does?

Lukman
25 Jun 2009, 6:37 AM
Is there any way of controlling what can be overflowed and what can't? Like I hope some splitters and controls that can't go in the menu (combo boxes) so I'd like to just even allocate space for them which Ext does?
Looking at the source code (Toolbar.js), I don't think so. Maybe you can post a feature request for it in the premium forum (since you are a premium member). And while you are it maybe you can also request for 'overflowIconCls' and 'overflowIcon' as the overflow counterparts of 'iconCls' and 'icon'. ;)