PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading to Ext 3

mjlecomte
4 Jun 2009, 7:42 AM
Figured I would start a thread to summarize known issues, things to be aware of, etc. for Ext 3.

Feel free to post to this thread any issues you're encountering and I'll update the first post to summarize them.

Do not forget to replace all css resources including all images. Image sprites (like those for Button for example) have changed.

Changes, Additions (roughly organized alphabetically)

Ext

New:

iterate method - iterates an array or object calling a specified function
isNumber method - Returns true if the passed object is a number
isString method - Returns true if the passed object is a string.
isBoolean method - Returns true if the passed object is a boolean.
isDefined method - Returns true if the passed object is not undefined.

Ext.lib.Ajax

Change: Ajax responses. The core adapter file in the Ext.lib.Ajax class has been changed in line with the W3 XMLHttpRequest specification. The response object which emulates the XHR now has getResponseHeader and getAllResponseHeaders as functions rather than Arrays to keep inline with the real XHR object. So, anyone who was currenltly examining headers using an Array (as inherited from YUI via yui-ext) will need to change to use a function.

Ext.Component

New: A Component's Observable events may now be set to bubble up the Component-ownerCt axis.

Ext.BoxComponent

getWidth() - added
getHeight() - added
getOuterSize() - added

Ext.Button

Change:

Button is now a valid BoxComponent and can partake in layout management.
The markup for buttons is completely different and will require changes if you had implemented a custom theme.

New:

Rather than being limited to only positioning buttons in a buttons configuration, they can now be placed anywhere you please.
Buttons can now scale to any height or width and have advanced text positioning.
new configs:

scale: 'small',
iconAlign : 'left',
arrowAlign : 'right',

Ext.Component

New:

afterrender event added
ref (http://extjs.com/deploy/ext-3.0-rc2/docs/?class=Ext.Component&member=ref) config - establish a named reference for an object an ancestor Container (mitigate dependency on 'id' and Ext.getCmp).
ptypes - ComponentMgr manages plugins similar to xtypes (use Ext.preg similar to Ext.reg)
nextSibling
previousSibling
getDomPositionEl

Ext.ComponentMgr

New:

isRegistered method added - checks if an xtype has been registered

Ext.Container

get() - added

Ext.data.Reader

Deprecated: id deprecated in favor of propertyId and idIndex

Ext.data.Store

Change:

baseParams may be overwritten by params of same name passed to load()

Deprecated:

id deprecated in favor of storeId
loadexception event deprecated in favor of catch all exception event
SimpleStore is now ArrayStore

New:

store xtypes
autoDestroy (http://extjs.com/deploy/ext-3.0-rc2/docs/?class=Ext.data.Store&member=autoDestroy) config to destroy the store when the component the store is bound to is destroyed
setBaseParam() - added

Ext.Element

New:

mouseenter and mouseleave events added

Changed / Deprecated:

getAttributeNS() deprecated in favor of getAttribute()
autoHeight() - removed
alignTo() - "position" parameter changed
query() - "unique" parameter added
focus() - "defer" parameter added

Ext.EventManager

within() - can now also check if the passed element is the target or related target

Ext.form

New: When dynamically adding Containers anywhere in a FormPanel, any
Fields are now found and added to the BasicForm's Collection. So BasicForm's setValues method
will now work consistently with dynamically added Fields.
New: Ext.form.DisplayField
Change:

Ext.form.Radio/Checkbox - theme has changed see this thread (http://www.extjs.com/forum/showthread.php?p=312770#post312770).
Ext.form.TextField - The validation behavior for allowBlank has been altered, please see Ext.form.TextField for more information
Ext.form.FormPanel buttonAlign does not override the default center for Ext.Panel ('right')

Ext.grid.GridPanel

columnLines config (boolean) - adds class ' x-grid-with-col-lines'
Altered/New:Ext.grid.Column

Instances of this class are used as columns passed to ColumnModel
xtypes can be used to specify a preconfigured renderer
renderer may be specified in additional ways

New:

Grid RowEditor Class
Grid like ListView and ListView.Sorter Classes
Grid BufferedView Class. Buffered GridView enhances performance by waiting to render rows until they are visible.

Removed:

GetSelections method. Access the SelectionModel.

Layouts:

New:hbox and vbox
ToolbarLayout and MenuLayout (internally used by respective classes)
Layout managers now defer layout of hidden or collapsed child Components until such time as the child Component becomes visible or expanded. This avoids size calculation problems in hidden/collapsed Containers, and removes the need to use hideMode: 'offsets' (may even require that it be removed).

Ext.Menu

Changed / Deprecated:

Toolbar and Menu are now proper Containers (formerly extended from BoxComponent).
Breaking change: MenuItem ids are no longer local to their menu but global component ids. This means that you can't use the same id in multiple menus. Suggested fix: Use unique ids or switch to using itemIds.
As well as Menu being a Container, this also means Menu can be a regular Component. Menu did not extend BoxComponent before, but was out on its own. Now, it can behave either as a regular floating Menu, or, if configured floating: false, it can be used as a usual inline Component of a Container.
DateItem and ColorItem have been removed, they are no longer needed, you can now put components as menu items.
autoWidth() - changed to autoSize()

New:

Menu Overflow. Whenever a menu gets so long that the items wonít fit the viewable area, it provides the user with an easy UI to scroll the menu. This feature is turned on by default and can be disabled by the configuration option enableScrolling.

Ext.MenuButton

Removed:Ext.MenuButton is removed (use SplitButton instead)

Ext.StatusBar has been removed from the core library and will be added as Ext.ux.StatusBar by Ext 3.0 final.

Ext.Toolbar

Toolbar and Menu are now proper Containers (formerly extended from BoxComponent).
New:Toolbar Overflow. A menu for items that donít fit the visible toolbar area will be created by default and can be disabled with the configuration option enableOverflow. Items in the menu react with the same handlers as the toolbar items.

Ext.Tooltip

delegate option added so one Tooltip can handle multiple child elements of its target based on selection using the delegate config.
New:AnchorTips. Tooltips now support an anchor configuration which will allow you to bring attention to a particular element or component with a small callout arrow.

Ext.util.Format

ellipsis() - "word" parameter added
focus() - "defer" parameter added
number() - added
numberRenderer() - added
plural() - added

Ext.util.Observable

Ext.util.Observable.observeClass() - Class level observability

ux's that worked prior to 3.x may need some tweaking (especially if the ux used private properties). ux's should be checked they are utilizing the latest preferred techniques and properties. More notes here (http://extjs.com/forum/showthread.php?p=338913#post338913).

CSS. general updates, as well as refactoring to split css into visual and structural files to simplify theming.

New:Charting (Chart, PieChart, CartesianChart, LineChart, BarChart - numeric, time, category axis)
New:Ext.FlashComponent
New:Direct (Direct, Ext.data.DirectStore, Ext.data.DirectProxy)
New:Writer
New:Ext.Spacer - xtype 'spacer' (for empty box component)
New:ButtonGroup (xtype: 'buttongroup')
New:GroupTabs
Enhanced:Debug Console
New:Ext.Error

Changes to some example classes:

Class x(p)type Deprecates
Ext.ux.data.PagingMemoryProxy Ext.data.PagingMemoryProxy
Ext.ux.form.FileUploadField fileuploadfield Ext.ux.FileUploadField
Ext.ux.form.SelectBox selectbox Ext.ux.SelectBox
Ext.ux.form.SpinnerField spinnerfield Ext.form.SpinnerField (remove xtype=spinner)
Ext.ux.form.ItemSelector itemselector Ext.ux.ItemSelector
Ext.ux.form.MultiSelect multiselect Ext.ux.Multiselect
Ext.ux.grid.CheckColumn checkcolumn (p)
Ext.ux.grid.GroupSummary Ext.grid.GroupSummary
Ext.ux.grid.HybridSummary Ext.grid.HybridSummary
Ext.ux.grid.RowEditor roweditor (p)
Ext.ux.grid.RowExpander rowexpander (p) Ext.grid.RowExpander
Ext.ux.grid.TableGrid Ext.grid.TableGrid
Ext.ux.GMapPanel gmappanel
Ext.ux.SliderTip
Ext.ux.SlidingPager
Ext.ux.Spinner
Ext.ux.Spotlight Ext.Spotlight
Ext.ux.Statusbar Ext.Statusbar
Ext.ux.TabCloseMenu tabclosemenu (p)
Ext.ux.tree.ColumnTree columntree Ext.tree.ColumnTree
Ext.ux.tree.ColumnNodeUI Ext.tree.ColumnNodeUI
Ext.ux.tree.XmlTreeLoader Ext.ux.XmlTreeLoader

Changes to Resources

Ensure you have updated all the Ext-provided CSS with the new CSS from version 3.
Ensure you have updated all the Ext-provided images with the new images from version 3.

Additional References

http://extjs.com/blog/2009/06/03/ext-js-30-rc2-release-stable-robust-and-enhanced/
http://extjs.com/blog/2009/05/13/introducing-ext-direct/
http://extjs.com/blog/2009/05/04/ext-js-30-rc11-released/
http://extjs.com/blog/2009/04/04/ext-core-30-beta-released/

aconran
4 Jun 2009, 7:46 AM
[ADDED]

Toolbar and Menu are now proper containers.

Button is now a valid BoxComponent and can partake in layout management. The markup for buttons is completely different and will require changes if you had implemented a custom theme.

Ext.StatusBar has been removed from the core library and will be added as ux/ by Ext 3.0 final.

aconran
4 Jun 2009, 8:04 AM
[ADDED]

allowBlank changes for validation

tomlobato
5 Jun 2009, 5:44 AM
http://extjs.com/forum/showthread.php?p=318574#post318574

Id like to understand what jamesc mean by custom layouts. Is
column layout such a custom layout?

mschwartz
5 Jun 2009, 6:00 AM
[INCLUDED, POST LINKED]

Many user extensions for 2.x do not work 100% right with 3.0 yet.

If you're migrating from 2.x to 3.0, include ext-all-debug.js and don't be afraid to debug/step through the Ext library code - it's not that scary. Don't be afraid to debug through the extensions, either. My experience is that it's only a couple of lines of code wrong in any of the extensions that need to be fixed for 3.0 compatibility.

Maintain a file with overrides that fix the problems in the pre-release 3.0 versions of Ext. Carefully comment each override in that file, why you added it, and the URL to the thread/post here discussing it.

mjlecomte
5 Jun 2009, 6:07 AM
http://extjs.com/forum/showthread.php?p=318574#post318574

Id like to understand what jamesc mean by custom layouts. Is
column layout such a custom layout?

I think he meant layouts not part of the main Ext framework (something not included in the API docs). There's a few user examples about, etc., a couple are in the Layout Browser demo for example.

Animal
5 Jun 2009, 6:52 AM
[ADDED]

Breaking change:

Ajax responses.

The response object which emulates the XHR now has getResponseHeader and getAllResponseHeaders as functions rather than Arrays to keep inline with the real XHR object.

Animal
5 Jun 2009, 6:57 AM
[ADDED]

Enhancements:

mouseenter and mouseleave events added.

Tooltip delegate option added so one Tooltip can handle multiple child elements of its target based on selection using the delegate config.

Class level observability.

Animal
5 Jun 2009, 7:01 AM
[ADDED]

As well as menu being a Container, this also means it can be a regular Component.

It did not extend BoxComponent before, but was out on its own.

Now, it can behave either as a regular floating Menu, or, if configured floating: false, it can be used as a usual inline Component of a Container.

mjlecomte
5 Jun 2009, 7:03 AM
Just bumping for those subscribed to the thread as I've expanded the first post a bit. I did a quick sweep of what I had taken notes about. I'll probably try to reorganize the post a bit into something easier to read.

5 Jun 2009, 7:56 AM
[IMPLEMENTED]

Columns are abstracted from the column model

Animal
5 Jun 2009, 10:46 AM
[IMPLEMENTED]

Layout managers now defer layout of hidden or collapsed child Components until such time as the child Component becomes visible or expanded.

This avoids size calculation problems in hidden/collapsed Containers, and removes the need to use hideMode: 'offsets'

mschwartz
5 Jun 2009, 11:48 AM
[NOT INCLUDED]

Layout managers now defer layout of hidden or collapsed child Components until such time as the child Component becomes visible or expanded.

This avoids size calculation problems in hidden/collapsed Containers, and removes the need to use hideMode: 'offsets'

How new is this feature? RC1? RC1.1? RC2?

Animal
6 Jun 2009, 9:18 AM
It's been refined in recent revisions.

nomack84
6 Jun 2009, 6:38 PM
[ALREADY ON LIST]

And what about the new layout classes: VBox and HBox. Both are very good and it can be used in many app.

Animal
11 Jun 2009, 7:29 AM
[ADDED]

MenuButton is removed and becomes SplitButton as discovered by this poster: http://extjs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=71035

evant
16 Jun 2009, 8:39 AM
[ADDED]

FormPanel buttonAlign default is now "right".

Animal
17 Jun 2009, 7:11 AM
I suggest that it be broken up into "Breaking changes" and "New Features".

Because what people really need from the start is a list of breaking changes.

Utilizing new features can come later.

mschwartz
17 Jun 2009, 7:25 AM
Anyone mention this?

http://extjs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=65654

mjlecomte
17 Jun 2009, 10:47 AM
I suggest that it be broken up into "Breaking changes" and "New Features".

Because what people really need from the start is a list of breaking changes.

Utilizing new features can come later.

Are people having issues scanning that first post for red items?

analpaper
22 Jun 2009, 2:09 PM
Hi all,

Ext.menu.Adapter is missing at some point from 2.2.1 to 3.0rc2?

Also, the ownerCt prop of Ext.Button is no more a reference to the Ext.Window where the button belongs.
To get the window, in 3.0rc2 you need to do somthing like: ownerCt.ownerCt, since the first ownerCt reference to the toolbar.

mjlecomte
22 Jun 2009, 3:44 PM
Hi all,

Also, the ownerCt prop of Ext.Button is no more a reference to the Ext.Window where the button belongs.
To get the window, in 3.0rc2 you need to do somthing like: ownerCt.ownerCt, since the first ownerCt reference to the toolbar.

For the Button, I think that may apply to any Panel subclass that uses the buttons config, it sticks buttons in a bottom footer bar (fbar).

Condor
23 Jun 2009, 3:18 AM
[ADDED] (Ext.Menu)

Breaking change: MenuItem ids are no longer local to their menu but global component ids. This means that you can't use the same id in multiple menus.

Suggested fix: Use unique ids or switch to using itemIds.

mjlecomte
24 Jun 2009, 7:53 AM
Just bumping this to let any subscribers of this thread know I added a poll. You can vote if you would rather have the upgrade notes organized by Class or by Type of Change

24 Jun 2009, 7:55 AM
Voted. :)

mschwartz
24 Jun 2009, 9:04 AM
No blame option?

:D

Animal
24 Jun 2009, 9:14 AM
Hi all,

An adapter is not needed. Menu is a Container in Ext 3. Check the inheritance diagram in the API docs.

mjlecomte
24 Jun 2009, 10:37 AM
Actually if this were added to the wiki, someone could put it in one of those sortable tables and then people could arrange it however they wanted.

evant
2 Jul 2009, 10:31 AM
Setting defaultSortable on the column needs to be done at construction time, the docs have been updated to reflect this.

evant
7 Jul 2009, 2:36 PM
Element.autoHeight is no longer included.

Condor
8 Jul 2009, 6:30 AM
As mentioned here (http://extjs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=73684):

Breaking change in Ext.form.ComboBox:
When the store of a combobox is specified as an array the fields are no longer called 'value' and 'text', but 'field1' and 'field2'.

misha
9 Jul 2009, 5:15 AM
It seems that Ext.log() has been removed from ext-all-debug in Ext 3.0.0? Its moved to debug.js

Condor
9 Jul 2009, 5:32 AM
It seems that Ext.log() has been removed from ext-all-debug in Ext 3.0.0? Its moved to debug.js

To put it more correctly: debug.js in no longer included in ext-all-debug.js.

vtswingkid
9 Jul 2009, 8:56 AM
Collapsed fieldsets no longer render children by default...Use forceLayout.

Condor
9 Jul 2009, 11:30 PM
Collapsed fieldsets no longer render children by default...Use forceLayout.

This is true for all collapsed and hidden panels.

Maxrunner
10 Jul 2009, 2:17 AM
The Ext.ux.StatusBar didnt make the final version did it?, Also my buttons in tbar and bbar are all messed up.....at first try i couldnt make the as they were....

tryanDLS
10 Jul 2009, 11:28 AM
The Ext.ux.StatusBar didnt make the final version did it?, Also my buttons in tbar and bbar are all messed up.....at first try i couldnt make the as they were....

StatusBar is in the 3.0 Final version in the examples\ux folder

As far as buttons messed up - that doesn't tell us anything. Create a new post in Help properly detailing the issue.

mjlecomte
10 Jul 2009, 1:28 PM

Did you catch #5 above where it says the markup for buttons is different?

canxss
19 Jul 2009, 1:31 PM
Hi,

I've surprisingly realized that applyIf function has changed drastically:

applyIf in 2.x:

applyIf : function(o, c){
if(o && c){
for(var p in c){
if(typeof o[p] == "undefined"){ o[p] = c[p]; }
}
}
return o;
},

applyIf in 3.0:

if(o){
for(var p in c){
if(Ext.isEmpty(o[p])){
o[p] = c[p];
}
}
}
return o;
},

In 3.0 applyIf now checks whether field is empty (if it is undefined, null, if array and it's length is zero or if it's an empty string) which is more than what was done in 2.x, which is only checking if field is undefined.

And this breaking change is not mentioned neither in the first post of this thread nor in any other thread (as much as I've seen).

By the way, I would like to add one more thing: I think that upgrade guides must be much more organized, official and should be prepared while changes are being applied to the system. I mean the developer team should document the changes while they are making the change to their system. Upgrade guide shouldn't be prepared by users and especially the breaking changes should be documented more properly with effects and solutions.

Moreover, those guides should help us to integrate those changes seamlessly by showing us ways to make our app work on the new platform same as on the old platform. And then when we port our app to a new platform and work fluently I can concentrate on new futures. It's been a week and I'm struggling to upgrade and I think I'm not ready.

I love Ext JS but this upgrade process overwhelmed me :)

Animal
19 Jul 2009, 11:36 PM
Hi,

I've surprisingly realized that applyIf function has changed drastically:

applyIf in 2.x:

if(o && c){
for(var p in c){
if(typeof o[p] == "undefined"){ o[p] = c[p]; }
}
}
return o;
},

applyIf in 3.0:

if(o){
for(var p in c){
if(Ext.isEmpty(o[p])){
o[p] = c[p];
}
}
}
return o;
},

In 3.0 applyIf now checks whether field is empty (if it is undefined, null, if array and it's length is zero or if it's an empty string) which is more than what was done in 2.x, which is only checking if field is undefined.

And this breaking change is not mentioned neither in the first post of this thread nor in any other thread (as much as I've seen).

By the way, I would like to add one more thing: I think that upgrade guides must be much more organized, official and should be prepared while changes are being applied to the system. I mean the developer team should document the changes while they are making the change to their system. Upgrade guide shouldn't be prepared by users and especially the breaking changes should be documented more properly with effects and solutions.

Moreover, those guides should help us to integrate those changes seamlessly by showing us ways to make our app work on the new platform same as on the old platform. And then when we port our app to a new platform and work fluently I can concentrate on new futures. It's been a week and I'm struggling to upgrade and I think I'm not ready.

I love Ext JS but this upgrade process overwhelmed me :)

That is incorrect. Ext.isEmpty(foo) returns true if foo is null, undefined or an empty Array. If it is a zero length string, it will return false. This is documented.

Condor
19 Jul 2009, 11:45 PM
I've surprisingly realized that applyIf function has changed drastically

I would create a bugreport for this. There should be a discussion on if Ext.isEmpty is suited here or if it should be changed back to !Ext.isDefined.

canxss
19 Jul 2009, 11:56 PM
Hi.

Animal, I don't think it is incorrect. May be I wasn't able to explain clearly but there are configurations that I've made that defines a field with an empty array and then I use applyIf function with an object that has the same field which has a nonempty array. Before, since applyIf was only checking if the field was undefined it was not changing my field with the nonempty array, but now since the array is empty it overrides it with the one given in applyIf. And I think it's a major change.

And Condor, I will create a bug report for this.

Thanks

Animal
20 Jul 2009, 12:28 AM
The incorrect thing was that you said it overrides empty strings. It does not. It overrides null, undefined, or an empty Array. That is what it does, and that is how Ext.isEmpty is documented.

mjlecomte
20 Jul 2009, 6:42 AM
I would create a bugreport for this. There should be a discussion on if Ext.isEmpty is suited here or if it should be changed back to !Ext.isDefined.

@all:
Looks like there was a change in svn to change the behavior:
http://extjs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74916

mjlecomte
21 Jul 2009, 8:42 AM
grid column model defaultSortable property is config only, it is not a writable property after the column model has been created.

js_coder
29 Jul 2009, 7:36 AM
Are people having issues scanning that first post for red items?
When printed from a BW laser, yes.

mystix
29 Jul 2009, 8:09 AM
When printed from a BW laser, yes.

load the first post in Firefox, fire up Firebug, then run the following code in the FB console:

Ext.select('font[color=Red]').wrap({
tag: 'div',
style: 'border:4px dotted black;'
});

voila. time to stock up on laser printer toner.

js_coder
29 Jul 2009, 8:13 AM
load the first post in Firefox, fire up Firebug, then run the following code in the FB console:

Ext.select('font[color=Red]').wrap({
tag: 'div',
style: 'border:4px dotted black;'
});
voila. time to stock up on laser printer toner.
Of course, the time-honored tradition of bringing webpages up to printable quality via Firebug :^)

Seriously, how did we live before Firebug?

Animal
29 Jul 2009, 8:39 AM
Seriously, how did we live before Firebug?

Ask some of the posters here! When you see "alert(..)" in their code!8-|

Yes, I hack Firebug to get sites to do things I want them to do... You have the greasmonkey addon?

js_coder
29 Jul 2009, 9:39 AM
I have Greasemonkey installed but I've never had a reason to use it...I suppose I could think of a few if I critiqued my regular online haunts though.

ApacheLogs
12 Aug 2009, 4:27 AM
im developping under desktop 2.2.1 and i like to include pcharts for ext 3.0 so i have to migrate to 3.0 ,i have tryed and i have included all necessary files (css and images ) but i have error in the menu.
it seems that in 3.0 they have eliminated classes,
any one can explain to me or have an idea?

Condor
12 Aug 2009, 4:31 AM
it seems that in 3.0 they have eliminated classes

1. Did read the Ext.menu section in the first post (http://extjs.com/forum/showthread.php?p=338277#post338277) and updated your own code accordingly?
2. Which classes are you missing? If it's DateItem or ColorItem then you should have read the first post better.

ApacheLogs
12 Aug 2009, 5:03 AM
tkx for your answer Condor,

First, when i upgrade 2.X to 3.0 :
. I don't find class

addToolMenuItem : function(config){
if(!(config instanceof Ext.menu.Item)){
if(typeof config.checked == "boolean"){ // must be check menu item config?
config = new Ext.menu.CheckItem(config);
}else{
config = new Ext.menu.Adapter(this.getToolButton(config), {canActivate:true}); //Don't find constructor Adapter
}
}
return this.addToolItem(config); so after some time i found in ext-all.js version 2.X this

Ext.menu.Adapter=function(b,a)but in ext-all.js version 3.X nothing even in BoxComponent.js

Secondly i change the code for that

addToolMenuItem : function(config){
if(!(config instanceof Ext.menu.Item)){
if(typeof config.checked == "boolean"){
config = new Ext.menu.CheckItem(config);
}else{
config = new Ext.menu.Item(config);// Ext.menu.Adapter(this.getToolButton(config), {canActivate:true});
}
}
return this.addToolItem(config);
My desktop is here but the menu's desktop don't appear.

Thanks for your help

Condor
12 Aug 2009, 5:42 AM
Yes, Ext.menu.Adapter was removed, because you can now put components directly into a menu.

Try:

config = this.getToolButton(config);

ApacheLogs
12 Aug 2009, 6:38 AM
thkx Condor for your response,
now i have new error
t.ownerDocument and this.ul is not definied in ext-all.js and when i click on start
the menu don't appear and i have this error this.ul is not definied

thanks for your help

ApacheLogs
12 Aug 2009, 6:57 AM
now i have error when i migrate from 2.x to 3.0
t.ownerDocument and this.ul is not definied in ext-all.js and when i click on start

thanks for your help

mystix
12 Aug 2009, 7:02 AM
now i have error when i migrate from 2.x to 3.0

thanks for your help

please refrain from creating duplicate posts in multiple forums.
also, it would serve you best to create a new thread in the 3.x Help forum instead of hijacking this thread.

AmonRha
11 Dec 2009, 7:02 PM
Hello I have been studying a bit Ext and noticed, in my opinion, an issue. When I upgraded to 3.0 there is a lost reference to a folder build / locale, in this new version the folder is called src / locale. Is that right or is a misunderstanding

PierceSD
27 Jan 2010, 10:30 AM
Not sure if we're documenting changes to private properties and methods, but here goes...

Ext.PagingToolbar

Changed

The reference to the button that animates while loading and can be clicked to reload has been changed from "loading" to "refresh"

PierceSD
27 Jan 2010, 10:54 AM
Also in the API documentation, but not here:

Ext.data.HttpProxy

Changed/Deprecated:

load: Deprecated in favor of doRequest, which has a different method signature

mschwartz
22 Mar 2010, 6:10 AM
^^^ signature spam

pz107
22 Jun 2010, 11:57 PM
chart is good !

Animal
24 Jun 2010, 1:33 AM
^^^ weird, just "being registered" spam.

Why do they do that? Just put one line responses onto dormant threads with no spammy message?

mystix
24 Jun 2010, 2:01 AM
^^^ weird, just "being registered" spam.

Why do they do that? Just put one line responses onto dormant threads with no spammy message?

testing the anti-spam service perhaps?

if a spammer can automate a post, the same spammer can also automate a check to see if the post went through.
if it did, the spammer can proceed to spam some more?

that's just a hunch though. :)

Animal
14 Jul 2010, 12:50 AM
OK, let's keep an eye out for posts from this ^^^ earnest upgrader to Ext 3! :)

14 Jul 2010, 6:07 AM
OK, let's keep an eye out for posts from this ^^^ earnest upgrader to Ext 3! :)
http://i.ytimg.com/vi/fVuu65MNVhQ/2.jpg

razvanioan
12 Aug 2010, 11:30 PM
Hi there,

do somebody knows why form fields contained in tabs (tabpanel inside formpanel) which are not clicked / viewed are not sent to the server on submit ?

Under 2.x was working perfectly. TabPanel has deferredRender: false.

Detailed description of the problem here (http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?106928-TabPanel-inside-FormPanel-Fields-from-Tab-which-was-not-clicked-not-sent-to-server) !

Thanks,
Razvan

razvanioan
12 Aug 2010, 11:33 PM
Do somebody knows why in 3.x the fields included in tabs (TabPanel inside FormPanel) which are not clicked / viewed by user before submision, are NOT sent to the server ?

If you click on the tabs, and even go back to first active TAB, they will be sent. In 2.x I didn't have this problem. deferredRender: false on TabPanel is there.

Detailed description of the problem here (http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?106928-TabPanel-inside-FormPanel-Fields-from-Tab-which-was-not-clicked-not-sent-to-server).

Thanks,
Razvan

Fox
18 Aug 2010, 10:56 AM
My apologies if I'm writing this in the wrong thread, I didn't see another that would be more suitable. Feel free to redirect me if there's a better place.

I have inherited a project that uses ExtJs 3.0, and am trying to upgrade it to 3.2.1

I tried running one of the Ext examples, column-tree.html, and got this error:

H is undefined (from ext-base.js)
I went into the source and changed the source to use ext-base-debug.js instead, and it runs with no problems.

Similarly, with the custom app I'm working on, if I use ext-all-debug.js I get an error msg:

types[config.xtype || defaultType] is not a constructor (ext-all-debug.js Line 13521)
but if I switch to use ext-all.js, I don't. (There's a bunch of other errors from the custom app that I still need to work through)

I would have thought that ext-base.js would have the same code as ext-base-debug.js and ext-all-debug.js with ext-all.js, with the only difference being the minification. Am I wrong to assume this?

mschwartz
19 Aug 2010, 5:24 AM
^^^ try clearing your browser cache?

Fox
20 Aug 2010, 12:56 PM
Hmm - I thought that I had tried that, but apparently not, as it working now. <embarrassed>
Thanks.

teddyjas
24 Jan 2011, 12:39 AM
Just tried to upgrade my project from Ext 3.2.1 to 3.3.1
it gives me this error:
el is null

mainWrap = new Element(el.child('div.x-grid3-viewport')),
ext-all-debug.js (line 46216)

its something to do with the grid view... but I cant trace why is it appearing and my grid doesnt render...

it is shown as 'undefined'

Condor
24 Jan 2011, 1:04 AM
Are you using any grid extensions or plugins? Did you upgrade those to Ext 3.3 too?

teddyjas
24 Jan 2011, 7:35 PM
you are right condor, I'm using your plugin :) GroupHeaderGrid plugin..
When i dont use this plugin no error shown, but i need this plugin :)

I've upgraded using the GroupHeaderGrid version 1.4 but still having same error...

teddyjas
24 Jan 2011, 8:36 PM
argh.. sorry condor.. ignore my previous reply :) i should use the new Ext.ux.grid.ColumnHeaderGroup that is included in the examples folder as you mentioned in the thread :)

this fix the issue... all is fine :) thanks

yuanyelss
3 Mar 2011, 11:17 PM
Button is now a valid, can participate in the layout manager from the BoxComponent. The button is labeled completely different, if you need to implement a custom theme changes...

Kimbal
4 May 2011, 2:51 AM
What can I use instead of

Ext.form.DateField.prototype.menuListeners.hide = function(){
this.addEvents('click');
this.fireEvent('click');
};

in Ext JS 3, when I upgraded this piece of code game me this error:
Ext.form.DateField.prototype.menuListeners is undefined

I suppose it means that there is no longer a Ext.form.DateField.menuListeners
so what can I use instead?

Kimbal
4 May 2011, 3:07 AM
Found the solution in another thread, simply use

Ext.form.DateField.hide = function(){
this.addEvents('click');
this.fireEvent('click');
};

rouvas
19 Nov 2011, 10:31 AM
I have to congratulate the ExtJS team for the excellent work.
I recently finished migrating 4 years work from ExtJS.2.2.1 to 3.4.0 in only two days without any major hurdles.
The only difficulty I had was coping with the new behaviour of ColumnModel that is no longer seriliazable snd that lead me to adjusting minor points in code.
The most difficult part was updating the Ext.ux.UploadDialog (that is not part of ExtJS anyway), but that went smooth finally (with help from other posts in forums, thanks to all!).

loosi007
2 Jan 2012, 4:46 PM
A little misunderstanding

Hello I have been studying a bit Ext and noticed, in my opinion, an issue. When I upgraded to 3.0 there is a lost reference to a folder build / locale, in this new version the folder is called src / locale. Is that right or is a misunderstanding