PDA

View Full Version : Default Notes Web Action Bar

mdm-adph
1 Jun 2007, 6:40 AM
...by any chance, were you working on an Ext script which converts the hideous action bar that Domino produces by default at the top of web forms to something nicer, say an Ext.Toolbar object?

RWaters
1 Jun 2007, 8:12 AM
It's definitely something we've been thinking of. Forms are one of the next big pieces we're looking to tackle and I'm sure we'll look at what to do with Actions.

jasontj
1 Jun 2007, 12:11 PM
I have only looked at this briefly, but what about action bars in the views? I tried to put a simple javascript action button on my view, but it did not show up. I would love to have action bar buttons that would act upon multiple selected documents in a view.

Thanks.

RWaters
1 Jun 2007, 12:45 PM
Yeah, I'm not quite sure how it can be done for views without requiring extra code to be added on the javascript side... Aside from the java applet there's no other way to select rows and perform an action on the web without writing your own solution....

Only thing that comes to mind is to write a funky agent that yanks the code out of the action and somehow eval's it for each doc id that was sent to the agent from the selected grid rows... I'll think about it some more as I think some issues could arise.

jasontj
1 Jun 2007, 8:18 PM
Thanks. I have javascript buttons in other regular domino views on the web that will pull the docIDs from the selected docs, pass them to an agent, which will look them up and act up on them, but I was just not sure how to get a button on the top of the views being generated by the alpha release. I'm sure I'm just missing something simple.

jratcliff
1 Jun 2007, 9:08 PM
view?ReadDesign doesn't have the information we need for view actions BUT the dxl of a view does. So, one way to do this is to have an agent return the dxl of the a view's design and then parse this to build an Ext.Toolbar with buttons for the view actions. I plan on working on this soon. So stay tuned. :)

~JR

jasontj
2 Jun 2007, 5:39 AM
cool, thanks.

timtripcony
4 Jun 2007, 6:33 AM
Jack, hopefully Decepticon will give seamless access to action bar DXL...

jratcliff
4 Jun 2007, 7:04 AM
Jack, hopefully Decepticon will give seamless access to action bar DXL...

that's what I'm counting on ;)