PDA

View Full Version : Running 3.0 Examples und MS IIS with IE7

Iko
9 Jun 2009, 10:22 AM
I have tried to run the examples on IIS and encountered issues with the XML form example. It should load data from an XML into a form, and then upon Submit, it should flag some data entry errors (errors are also loaded from a static XML). On my box, the form loads fine, but the Load and Submit actions just temporarily show the ajax busy mode, but do nothing - no population of fields and no flaging of error fields.

Any hints?

Thanks a million.

9 Jun 2009, 10:42 AM
The examples are empty shells of functionality. Most are just for planting a seed on how to do something.

the server platform should not matter. If it's a problem with IE7, then we have something to worry about

tryanDLS
9 Jun 2009, 10:45 AM
Do they run on Firefox? - if not it's an IIS config issue.

EDIT: this is probably the old POST vs GET issue. see http://extjs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41473

Iko
9 Jun 2009, 11:16 AM
Thanks for the speedy response... that's encouraging...

@jgarcia - the examples work fine on the extjs web site, and from what I can see, they are the same code, so it should run locally aswell. (the reason why I reverted back to the examples, is that I could not get the ajax form load going in my own code).

@tryanDLS - I will try FF, but I suspect its more an IIS issue than an IE issue (judging from the fact that I can run the examples fine on the original extjs site).

Will report back. Thanks -Iko

Iko
9 Jun 2009, 11:31 AM
Confirmed. The same happens with FF.

tryanDLS
9 Jun 2009, 11:33 AM
See the thread in my edited response above.

Iko
9 Jun 2009, 12:00 PM
That was the issue. Thanks. I am a little puzzled because I did get a 405 at first when working on my own stuff, and I got rid of it by removing "standardSubmit: true," from the form props - so I thought that had taken care of the unsupported "HTTP verb".. but obviously not. Thanks again - I will venture out more ;-)

Iko
10 Jun 2009, 3:42 AM
Celebrated too early. Loading the static XML files as ASP scripts solved the issue, but ONLY on IE. In Firefox (3) the LOAD action to populate fields does not work. The SUBMIT action to test the errorhandler DOES work. I tried the original samples, just replaced the 2 xml files with ASP extensions, and put the asp header inside.

Any ideas? Thanks

tryanDLS
10 Jun 2009, 9:03 AM
Changing the extension isn't the solution. If you read further in that thread, you'll see that it's an issue what method is sent - POST (the default) or GET. Try modifying the xml-form example

// simple button add
fs.addButton('Load', function(){
fs.getForm().load({url:'xml-form.xml', waitMsg:'Loading', method:'GET'});
});

Iko
10 Jun 2009, 10:25 AM
Thanks again. Yes that did it. I don't entirely understand however why IE was fine, and FF was not. Also, why did FF get one response (from the errorhandler .. that is the Submit button) but not from the Load request. Both were originally without HTTP GET... Cheers -Iko