PDA

View Full Version : WTB multiple readers same store.

malkishua
1 Jun 2007, 5:22 PM
Hi,
whenever i use ext i seem to be definning multiple datastores which seems very wastfull for me, it doesnt matter what i use the datastores for, but i would like to know if there is currently a way to define a datastore with multiple readers, the mainpoint of this would be to give every reader a diffrent root, this will allow much better dynamic store operations. everytime i try to cheat a store into changin the reader i still see the store making a new server request which is exactly the time i would like to save, if its made in one request.

i know i could just add fields to the reader, but thats not a good dynamic solution since they share the same root.

Can anyone suggest a way of implementing this?

Thanks,
-Rob.

malkishua
2 Jun 2007, 4:03 PM
Bump,
This issue is really important for me, i know many ways to do workarounds like i said but since i create everything dynamically i have to keep track of so many duplicate objects when many "could" be bundled up in the same datastore, not only will this keep the cold cleaner it will minimize the requests to server.

anyone with any info on this? is there something im missing?

-Rob.

doubleforte
12 Nov 2007, 4:45 PM
Bump. Any ideas?

NickT
20 May 2008, 3:51 PM
same issue here... we have a nested data store, and we want to be able to point to different roots... for example, we have a form panel with discrete fields as well as a sub grid... a basic parent child relationship....