View Full Version : [SOLVED] Forms and Ext Direct

15 Jun 2009, 2:19 AM
Hi all.

After almost finishing my first Ext app with Ext 2, i make my first steps towards Ext 3 because of the great new Ext Direct feature. There are a lot of REST examples around with grids and forms, but i didn't find any example with a simple no-record form. Just imagine a login form.

In the last blog there was an example how to setup a form to use Ext Direct http://extjs.com/blog/2009/06/03/ext-js-30-rc2-release-stable-robust-and-enhanced (last paragraph)

But this paragraph ends at the most interesting part: how to submit this form using a button and Ext Direct? I didn't succeed with myFormPanel.getForm().submit()? Is this still the way to do it?

Thans in advance for any hint or example.

15 Jun 2009, 6:01 AM
Michael -

Provide your form an api configuration with a submit action like so:

api: {
submit: MyFormAction.submit

Ext will automatically recognize that you are intending to submit your form via Ext.Direct. Now when you do:

It will automatically submit to your MyFormAction.submit on the server-side. This will be a standard form post and therefore you will need to specify the formHandler attribute in the Ext.Direct stack.

15 Jun 2009, 6:15 AM
aconran, i feel ashamed.

This works perfectly. My api setting was in the Ext.Window config containing the form, not in the Ext.form.FormPanel, where it belongs to. Damn ...

15 Jun 2009, 6:17 AM
No problem; Glad you got it up and running! :D

22 Jul 2010, 11:13 PM
My question may be silly.
Please help me out of this issue.
I am using a form with direct api and trying to insert records in to the db. But form values are not submitting to the server side.
My Code:
formadd= new Ext.form.FormPanel({
// configs for FormPanel
title: ‘Add record’,
border: false,
padding: 10,
text: 'Submit',
handler: function(){
params: {
foo: 'bar',
uid: 34
defaultType: ‘textfield’,
items: [{
fieldLabel: 'Name',
name: 'name'
fieldLabel: 'Email',
msgTarget: 'side',
name: 'logo_url'
api: {
// The server-side method to call for load() requests
load: Vendor.read,
// The server-side must mark the submit handler as a ‘formHandler’
submit: Vendor.save
// specify the order for the passed params
paramOrder: ['uid', 'foo']
Please help me!!!!!!! :-/

Andrew Peacock
26 Jul 2010, 3:47 AM
See my reply in the other thread you posted to.