PDA

View Full Version : [FIXED][3.0rc2] IE8 - ListView - resize Column

mepfuso
22 Jun 2009, 2:34 AM
Resizing a column of the new ListView in my IE8 on my Windows Server 2008 (haven't tested other browsers/OSs) behaves quite weirdly in that it puts the last column header into a new line, which is surely unexpected. This is from the samples page:

Condor
22 Jun 2009, 3:02 AM
It's a bit difficult to reproduce, but I did get the same result after a few tries.

The column widths still add up to 100%, but in IE8 the total width in pixels can become bigger than the container width.

Should we:
1. Make the total column width 99%?
2. Use display:table/table-cell instead of float:left?

Note: It's not IE8. I was only able to reproduce this in IE7 strict + quirks and IE8 quirks (didn't try IE6, but I assume it's the same as IE7).

mystix
22 Jun 2009, 3:22 AM
1. Make the total column width 99%?

if that route is taken, then i suggest doing it only for the misbehaving IE8.

evant
23 Jul 2009, 10:37 PM
SVN is a little weird at the moment so I haven't committed, but this is fixed (went the % route, table display wasn't really working consistently).

Animal
23 Jul 2009, 10:53 PM
IMHO, in the future, display: table would be the way to go on modern browsers (of which IE8 is one)

The cell elements (whatever type of element they are) have to be display: table-cell

It is a very good way of acheiving tabular layout with other elements.

evant
23 Jul 2009, 10:55 PM
Yeah, the issue was happening on IE6 & 7 in some cases as well.

Condor
23 Jul 2009, 10:59 PM
Why modern browsers only? display:table/table-cell is one of the few display features that work consistent across all browsers.

Here's a link (http://www.cssplay.co.uk/menus/anywidth-pullup.html) to one of my favorite CSS sites demonstrating a possible use of display:table/table-cell and creative use of display:inline-block/inline.

Animal
23 Jul 2009, 11:25 PM
I couldn't get it to work on IE6.

I developed a GridView class which used display:table on the scroller, and display: table-row on the row divs, and display: table-cell on the cell divs.

It worked OK on new browsers, but not on IE6 where I had to size the cells to the column width, and use float: left

evant
23 Jul 2009, 11:31 PM
Yeah, I couldn't get it to work correctly on IE6 either.

fermo111
12 Oct 2009, 3:07 AM
I have a similar problem with FF 3.5.

Any update on this? That is: when the fix will be available to everyone?

Thanks

Luca