PDA

View Full Version : Creating a simple grid

sethfuller
25 Jun 2009, 9:04 AM
Is it possible (we are using Ext 2.0.1) to create a grid without the code to move columns and sort columns. We want to create some simple grids and don't want the overhead of these features since we won't use them.

umarkashmiri
25 Jun 2009, 2:47 PM
Is it possible (we are using Ext 2.0.1) to create a grid without the code to move columns and sort columns. We want to create some simple grids and don't want the overhead of these features since we won't use them.

nobody answered u only bcoz u dont knw wt ur problem is....!/:)

sethfuller
25 Jun 2009, 3:12 PM
I don't want the extra code for sorting and moving columns to show up in my grids. How is that not knowing what my problem is? I don't know how to accomplish that, but I do know what my problem is.

tryanDLS
25 Jun 2009, 4:30 PM
If you're really that worried about the few extra K of code that those features consist of, the grid is probably already to heavy for you. If you are really that concerned about reducing the byte count and have already exhausted existing recommendations for building your own Ext version, gzip, etc, you could edit the code and start hacking things out.

You're likely not going to get much support, especially given that you're not even running the current version of 2.x.

You could probably also make use of something like ListView or DataView to build something more lightweight - see the 3.0 docs for the most up to date documentation.

sethfuller
26 Jun 2009, 5:18 AM
I appreciate your helpful reply. I was just trying to determine if omitting the code for column sort and column moves was possible. You gave me some good pointers as to where to look. I didn't see anything in the grid API documentation.