View Full Version : How to place ContentPanel as a column inside Grid or ListView?

29 Jun 2009, 9:40 AM
I am new to ExtGWT, as I understood from examples, multiple rows of text data can be placed in column of a ListView using native Template, for eg:

private native String getTemplate() /*-{
return ['<tpl for=".">',
'<div class="thumb-wrap" id="{Eventday}{Eventmonth}{Eventyear}" style="border: 1px solid gray; float:left; width: 14%">',
'<tpl for="eventlist">',
'<div class="thumb">{startTime}-{endTime}: {comments}</div>',

'<span class="x-editable">{Eventday}{Eventmonth}{Eventyear}</span></div>',
'<div class="x-clear"></div>'].join("");

But I would like to know if we can place ContentPanel or HtmlContainer as a column data instead of using above template? I am planning to implement Monthly-View of a calender as similar to Outlook, where we have option to edit existing event, context-menu to accept invitation, open occurence, etc..

Appreciate expertise thoughts as soon as possible.

29 Jun 2009, 9:15 PM
Any one has any great ideas? Is there any other way to achieve this? Really appreciate your inputs here...

1 Jul 2009, 6:51 AM
Drag and drop seems to be working for me....

final ListViewDragSource source = new ListViewDragSource(view);

final ListViewDropTarget target = new ListViewDropTarget(view);
target.addDNDListener(new DNDListener() {
public void dragDrop(DNDEvent e) {

// TODO Auto-generated method stub

//dayList.add(new Html(e.getTarget());

However, now I got struck on DailyView Calender, where I need to merge to two div tags, or we can say I need to span two rows and merge it to one (for eg; If I need to show 9:00 to 10:30 div bar)...How to merge two div tags when I am using getTemplate ....

Please let me know your thoughts ... is there any other approach to solve this daily, weekly and monthly view calendar...

Really appreciate any one's help here...