View Full Version : [FNR] [rc2] HtmlEditor overflow items missing text

2 Jul 2009, 1:17 PM

Problem: In HtmlEditor component, the overflow items seem to be missing text. Is this the intended behaviour?

Using RC2, occurs in IE, FF and Chrome.

public class Test implements EntryPoint
public void onModuleLoad()
ContentPanel p = new ContentPanel();
p.add(new HtmlEditor());

2 Jul 2009, 1:21 PM
This is not a bug. The toolbar items dont have a text. The htmleditor toolbar uses the normal overflow and so just doesnt have a text set,as the buttons in the toolbar are icon only.

11 Nov 2010, 7:47 AM
I came across this issue and while I don't think it's a bug, it is an issue that should be looked at I think. If the toolbar overflows then the user can't discern what each of the overflowed buttons are. See attached picture:

11 Nov 2010, 7:54 AM
Its an overall problem of the toolbarlayout. If the button has no text, than the menuitem has no text either.

You can (in GXT 2.2) do btn.setData("gxt-menutext", "mytext"). Than the menuitem will show "mytext". To enable this for HtmlEditor, you need to enable aria support.

11 Nov 2010, 8:06 AM
I can understand that. Shouldn't it put icons in at least then?

11 Nov 2010, 8:07 AM
Its doing that in the 2.2.1: http://www.sencha.com/examples/explorer.html#anchorlayout

11 Nov 2010, 8:46 AM
Hmmm, not consistently. See attached picture. (WinXP, FF 3.6.12) Though it does work on my laptop (OSX FF 4.0B7)

11 Nov 2010, 8:55 AM
Works fine for me on FF 3.6.12. The provided screenshot from 3.6.12 is not using GXT 2.2.1. Make sure you refreshed the page properly, maybe clear your cache.