PDA

View Full Version : How to reload a child window?

don4321
2 Jul 2009, 7:43 PM
Ran a quick search on child window "reload" without satisfactory result, hence, pose a question here. The word, "reload" is not really accurate, what I'd like to do is, upon certain event occurs at the child window, I'd like to call a script (be it php, .NET, or ColdFusion) either with form elements or URL with parameters. What is known, javascript variable for the child window. Also, the parent window stays put.

How?

Thanks.

don4321
3 Jul 2009, 7:08 AM
ok, <a href="" onclick="self.location='blabla.php';">stay at the same small widow</a>
won't work, neither would self.document.location

So, do you know a way?

Thanks.

hendricd
3 Jul 2009, 7:27 AM
@don4321-- Perhaps it would help if you posted your Ext.Window(s) so we could understand what you are trying to do.

don4321
3 Jul 2009, 8:35 AM
ok, sorry I didn't know my question wasn't clear. Since the app has tons of code, for clarity, let me try again with minimal structure.

starting page pre-loads two js functions, each would lauch a ext window,
and by default, the starting page executes/calls the function to launch the main window,
so, at this point, what we have is the main windows being opened, and other window not.

then, the sun begins to shine or something like that, a user decides to click on an event trigger that lauchs a floating small ext window (the above js function 2), so far so good, all working...
and now, this user needs to do stuff at the second window, and what I want to happen (the user actually) to contiue to work with this second window clicking a link or submitting a form within this small window, so, the question is, how do I send this action to the server side script for it without impacting the main window?

thanks and let me if I'm still doing a lousy job describing the issue.