PDA

View Full Version : Domino Directory Online Demo

jratcliff
6 Jun 2007, 9:06 AM
Here's an online demo of a Domino Directory built using Ext and Ext.nd.

http://www.openntf.org/extnd/names.nsf/main.html

Hopefully we will be able to host a few more demos on the OpenNTF site to showcase what can be done with Ext.nd.

bprado
6 Jun 2007, 11:41 AM
Very nice, there is a download for that demo?

tmselim
6 Jun 2007, 12:20 PM
Nothing's coming up for me... FireBug is showing a "Ext is not defined" starting at line 26 of main.html

jratcliff
6 Jun 2007, 12:26 PM
Nothing's coming up for me... FireBug is showing a "Ext is not defined" starting at line 26 of main.html

Sorry, try again. I was in the middle of replicating some changes to the OpenNTF server. You must have hit the app in the middle of the replication. It works now.

~JR

mdm-adph
6 Jun 2007, 12:33 PM
hey, looks nice -- custom form, right? are you hard coding the action bar there or is the javascript for the toolbar created server side in some way?

jratcliff
6 Jun 2007, 1:07 PM
hey, looks nice -- custom form, right? are you hard coding the action bar there or is the javascript for the toolbar created server side in some way?

Yep, custom form for now. Our goal is to have Ext.nd create the form automatically for you but we're still trying to figure out the best approach for that.

What I did for that Person form was to turn off the tabbed table and then put a div around each section and then I used a Ext.BorderLayout to build the layout (with an Ext.Toolbar) and added each div to the center section and let Ext do it's magic in making each section a tab.

brian.moeskau
6 Jun 2007, 1:09 PM
Looks nice. When opening new tabs I get a bunch of JS errors. The page seems to load OK anyway, although the tab title gets stuck at "Opening..." and is never updated, which is what I initially noticed.

jratcliff
6 Jun 2007, 2:14 PM
Looks nice. When opening new tabs I get a bunch of JS errors. The page seems to load OK anyway, although the tab title gets stuck at "Opening..." and is never updated, which is what I initially noticed.

Oops. I just converted the demo to use Ext 1.0.1 but I forgot the path to the adapter files had changed. I just fixed it. Try it now.

~JR

brian.moeskau
6 Jun 2007, 2:28 PM
Well, the tabs still say "Opening..." so I guess it's coded that way. The JS errors went away though, so that's good :)

jratcliff
6 Jun 2007, 3:29 PM
Well, the tabs still say "Opening..." so I guess it's coded that way. The JS errors went away though, so that's good :)

Hmm. The tabs shouldn't stay with "Opening...". They start with "Opening..." and then, once the doc has loaded, they change to the doc's document.title.

brian.moeskau
6 Jun 2007, 5:37 PM
Looks like a Firefox issue. I verified that it works as expected in IE and Safari, but in both FF 2.0 (Mac) and FF 1.5 (Win) I get the tabs as shown in the attachment.

jratcliff
9 Jun 2007, 5:29 AM
Looks like a Firefox issue. I verified that it works as expected in IE and Safari, but in both FF 2.0 (Mac) and FF 1.5 (Win) I get the tabs as shown in the attachment.

Thanks Brian for checking this further. I just checked FF 2.0 (Win) and it works there. I'll see if I can track down the issue with FF 2.0 (Mac) and FF 1.5 (Win).

perka
9 Jun 2007, 5:51 AM
FF 2.0.0.4 linux

jratcliff
9 Jun 2007, 8:00 AM
FF 2.0.0.4 linux

Thanks perka! We'll check what's going on there as well.

luis
14 Jun 2007, 9:22 AM
Using Firefox 2.0.0.4 using WinXP I'm getting the same issue. See attached image.

perka
9 Jul 2007, 6:14 AM
Not working at all in firefox anymore. The frame loads but no data. When I check out the errors in firebug. It seems that the POSTs does not return anything. only "Loading..."

EDIT: It seems this works in firefox on my home computer (no proxy) but not on my work computer (using proxy). Any ideas as to whats happening here? True for both my employers, using firefox 2.0.0.4 in both places. It works using IE from both places using the same proxy settings.

Might this be related? http://forum.mootools.net/viewtopic.php?pid=20400

RWaters
9 Jul 2007, 6:37 AM
Not working at all in firefox anymore. The frame loads but no data. When I check out the errors in firebug. It seems that the POSTs does not return anything. only "Loading..."

EDIT: It seems this works in firefox on my home computer (no proxy) but not on my work computer (using proxy). Any ideas as to whats happening here? True for both my employers, using firefox 2.0.0.4 in both places. It works using IE from both places using the same proxy settings.

Might this be related? http://forum.mootools.net/viewtopic.php?pid=20400

Looks like that may be a valid bug, I recall running into some issues in the past with requests not making it through our proxy (which is also squid). I'll check this out and see if their recommendations fix things.

perka
9 Jul 2007, 6:45 AM
Update: It is definetly proxy related. I configured Firefox on my home computer to use a proxy and the same problem appeared.

farouksabry
27 Jul 2007, 3:23 AM
Hello,
Congrats on your framework , hopping success for u.
when I try to open the demo for names.nsf it gives me the following error ,
'CurrentDatabase' is null or not an object.

jratcliff
14 Aug 2007, 12:53 PM
Try the demo now. It should work.

tmselim
15 Aug 2007, 10:58 AM
Any update on when this, or other, sample apps might be available?

jratcliff
2 Sep 2007, 7:12 PM
Sorry everyone! Been swamped with my "other" job. The plan was to have a demo db posted on OpenNTF several weeks ago. Needless to say, that didn't happen. I'll see what I can get done this week and maybe by next weekend Rich or I can post something.

~Jack