PDA

View Full Version : [CLOSED-140][3.0.0] ExtJS Desktop Example Problem.

nicholasnet
8 Jul 2009, 1:53 PM
I found one problem in ExtJS 3.0 Desktop sample. Where task bar does not work properly. It does not maximize the window on task bar right click event. Please see the attached picture to reproduce the problem.

URL
http://www.extjs.com/deploy/dev/examples/desktop/desktop.html

mjlecomte
8 Jul 2009, 2:25 PM
Thanks for the report.

Please state browser and Ext version as per:
http://extjs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=71015

When I test in FF the maximize/minimize are disabled, so I don't see where it "doesn't work properly".

aconran
8 Jul 2009, 6:19 PM
I think the nicholasnet is reporting that when you right click to open the context menu and then right click a menu item that the item is not "clicked". Could you please confirm that?

If so, this is the way our menus have always been... would it make sense for a menu item to be executed on left and/or right click?

mystix
8 Jul 2009, 6:40 PM
the OP is trying to mimic the default behaviour for Windows taskbar context menus.

my 2 cents says this isn't much of an issue though -- it's pretty trivial to simply wire up the right-click event to peform the left-click event's action.

nicholasnet
8 Jul 2009, 9:36 PM
Sorry I forgot to put browser information. I test that in FF3. To reproduce the problem try minimize and maximize via task bar.

Right click task bar and choose minimize to minimize the window. Then again right click to maximize it.... this time it does not do anything.

Like Mystix said I think it is more of a example code issue rather than problem in ExtJS. But since example shows the true potential of ExtJS so I think it should be correct as well.:-/

evant
8 Jul 2009, 10:06 PM
I can confirm what the OP is saying.

On the online example:
- Open the accordion window, click the minimize button on the window.
- Right click on the task bar item.

On the online example, all of the options are available. HOWEVER on the SVN copy, the only options available are restore/close. Can anyone confirm?

mjlecomte
9 Jul 2009, 4:07 AM
On the online example:
- Open the accordion window, click the minimize button on the window.
- Right click on the task bar item.

On the online example, all of the options are available. HOWEVER on the SVN copy, the only options available are restore/close. Can anyone confirm?

I confirm what Evan states above.

evant
17 Aug 2009, 3:37 AM
Confirmed, this is already fixed in SVN and was released with 3.0.

Marking as closed.