PDA

View Full Version : XmlTreeLoader example in Ext 3.0

mrkadakia
16 Jul 2009, 6:24 PM
Hi -
I saw the XmlTreeLoader example on the Samples page. Seeing the ability of using XML file to load tree data, I decided to use it. So, I downloaded Ext 3.0 on my Desktop and navigated to the following directory and ran the example:

ext-3.0.0\examples\tree\xml-tree-loader.html

The tree data does not get loaded in the Reading List panel.

I have not changed anything.

Could it be local file access permission issue? If so, then how can one run it on a local system?

Any inputs will be appreciated.

Thanks

mjlecomte
16 Jul 2009, 6:36 PM
Can you post a screenshot of what firebug shows in console tab?

mrkadakia
16 Jul 2009, 6:39 PM
Nothing gets displayed in Firebug console.

I also tried this example in Ext 2.2. Same behavior. No tree data being loaded in the Reading List panel.

ext-2.2\examples\tree\xml-tree-loader.html

I want to first use it in Ext 2.2. But, as it did not work thus I decided to download Ext 3.0.

Thanks

mjlecomte
16 Jul 2009, 6:49 PM
What is the full url you are navigating to?

mrkadakia
16 Jul 2009, 6:50 PM
In Ext 2.2, if I change the rootVisible property from false to true in:

ext-2.2\examples\tree\xml-tree-loader.js

then, I see a folder icon with no text to the right of it (representing the root). To the left of the folder icon, I see the plus sign (for expansion). But, when I click on it, it does not display anything.

mrkadakia
16 Jul 2009, 6:53 PM
The full folder URL of the example in Ext 3.0 is:

C:\WINNT\Profiles\<username>\Desktop\ext-3.0.0\ext-3.0.0\examples\tree\xml-tree-loader.html

In Firefox, the URL turns out to be:
file:///C:/WINNT/Profiles/<username>/Desktop/ext-3.0.0/ext-3.0.0/examples/tree/xml-tree-loader.html

mjlecomte
16 Jul 2009, 6:56 PM
Why not a webserver address? http://localhost/.....

mrkadakia
16 Jul 2009, 6:57 PM
Because I would like to use it as a client-side application.

mrkadakia
16 Jul 2009, 6:58 PM
I think it appears to be a local file access permission issue. The other examples (menus) works fine. But, any examples under "tree" do not display the hierarchy.

Any workarounds for those users who would like to use these examples locally?

mjlecomte
16 Jul 2009, 7:00 PM
http://extjs.com/learn/Tutorial:Ext_StartUp_Guide#No_Web_Server

mrkadakia
16 Jul 2009, 7:12 PM
Thanks for the link.

But on 1/10/2008 Doug added a post to the thread saying:

Update: localXHR is now deprecated in favor of Ext-basex (http://extjs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21681) (a newer, more complete implementation).

I went to the thread on Ext-basex and there is so much stuff going that I am not able to understand on what I need to download and how I need to setup it up.

If you could just show me on how to make it for the example in Ext 2.2, then I can customize it to my application.

I would sincerely appreciate your help.

Thanks

Limey
4 Aug 2009, 5:29 AM
I have the same problem with the Example pages in 2.2.1, but mine is in a Web server. i don't know if its something wrong with the XML file, but when i look at if thru firebug, it goes to the XML file, but it returns nothing.

Limey
4 Aug 2009, 10:47 AM
Found the issue. IIS 5 (I don't know about newer versions) doesn't know how handle xml files, you need to add an application configuration for it. Once i checked my version of the example that was on my apache server, everything worked perfectly.