PDA

View Full Version : Form loading question

PV-Patrick
21 Jul 2009, 10:31 AM
Which is best? form.load() or loading all data into a store and pulling the data from that store?

I have about 3-5 forms on 1 page and with the current implementation I am calling form.load() on all the forms, each having their own ajax call to load data. Is there really any advantage to migrating to a 1 ajax call, load information into a store and then having all the forms feed from that 1 store? There are also a couple comboboxes per form so there just seems like a lot of communications between the app and server, does it really matter?

This app is only intended for small use, 1-5 people. Thanks for the advice/opinions.

jay@moduscreate.com
22 Jul 2009, 2:34 AM
No need for a store if you're just loading data. form.load will invoke an XHR to the server. The problem with going w/ the store approach is that you're loading similar or like-records. Why not just use Ext.Ajax.request to get the data, then use Ext.encode on the response.resultText and then use setValues on each of the form with the appropriate data?

PV-Patrick
22 Jul 2009, 9:33 AM
Ya, the more I worked with the store approach, the more I realized it was a pain in the butt. Sounded great in theory, however it was becoming increasingly difficult to work with.

With that said, I went back to the form.load() method and everything is working great now. :) Just had to solve a couple custom combobox timing/loading issues but I think I got it working now, thanks for the response!