View Full Version : Accordion drag/drop proxy behavior

21 Jul 2009, 8:13 PM

1. 2 content Panels (A & B) one having an accordion(A) and other ListView<ModelData> grid and a edit button.
2. The contents of each group the accordion(A) are also ListViews.
3. The elements of the two content panels should be droppable over each other.

The ListViewDropTarget's objects setgroup property is set to the same constant for both A and B.
Attached is the screenshot of the expected behavior (accordion.jpg).

Dragging an element from accordion A over the B's empty space (remaining after populating the ListViews) shows a red "no entry" proxy label. This is expected behavior and works fine.
However if we drag an element from B on the empty space in A's expanded group it shows a green "right" proxy label. This should not be the case as there is nothing to be dropped on in the empty space and is misleading.

When I added a mock component to the accordion A's content panel issue dissapears and it shows a red "no entry" proxy label as expected.

I am not sure if this is a standard feature or a bug. Any pointers as to how this can be resolved would be much appreciated.

22 Jul 2009, 7:03 AM

I was able to resolve the issue. Actually i was taking the layout as FitLayout instead of default FlowLayout. Switching fixed the issue.