PDA

View Full Version : Arrow keys/mouse clicks not working properly in text fields inside Grid RowExpander

azbok
25 Jul 2009, 12:27 PM
Mouse Issue
My issue is that I can't click to a particular character location except for the end of the text in the field. All of these fields are within the expanded row grid.

Here's what I tried so far:
Since the problem happens with raw html and also text field widgets, it doesn't have to do with the widgets
I'm using a slightly modified version of RowExpander for the Grid, but none of those functions are called when I'm doing my arrow key / mouse click test, so that probably isn't it. Plus I got rid of the mouse handling except for a double click and that event handler returns true.
For debugging, I created my own "empty" selection model with no key or mouse handling, so that probably isn't it, unless it's supposed to relay events somewhere?

Another possibility is that the mouse click IS actually being handled but then the text field is being unfocused / refocused and the cursor is repositioned at the end of the field! During one test I saw a small blip of where the cursor repositioned for a split second and then was moved back to the end of the text.

Arrow Key and Home/End Issue
When I have more than 1 line of text in a textarea field, I hit the up/down and it doesn't go line by line, it acts as if it's the home/end key and goes to the very beginning or very end. The Home/End keys don't do anything at all.

Any ideas / strategies for me to check out?
Thanks

azbok
29 Jul 2009, 7:12 PM
After searching for hours and hours, debugging through Ext up and down, it turns out it has nothing to do with event handling in Ext!

The reason why you can't use the arrow keys properly or do mouse clicks in the expando box which is in the grid cell is because of a single css style

Original

.x-grid3-row td {
-moz-user-select: none;
}
New

.x-grid3-row td {
-moz-user-select: inherit;
}
The firefox browser itself was preventing the clicks/arrow keys function.

I haven't experimented with IE yet.