PDA

View Full Version : ComboBox bug

rbastic
28 Jul 2009, 7:55 AM
Hello all,
I have a single page with 2 data grids and a FormPanel (tabpanel, technically) with an additional 2 data grids - one on each tab.

Everything is working beautifully in FireFox, but for some reason I am having problems in IE 7/8.

I've narrowed the problem down to this block of code:

var stateCombo = new fm.ComboBox({
typeAhead: true,
triggerAction: 'all',
transform:'mystatelist',
lazyRender: true,
mode: 'local',
valueNotFoundText: '',
listClass: 'x-combo-locsstate-small',
forceSelection: true
});
Also, this corresponds to the following select:
<select name="mystatelist" id="mystatelist" style="display:none;">
<option value="AB">Alberta</option>
</select>

I've got a fair number of ComboBoxes in the code. What I don't understand is why when I disable this combobox/select everything works fine in IE, but as soon as I re-enable it, and click the right drop-down icon on ANY combobox in my app, I see that lines 291-318 of ext-all-debug.js are getting executed, e.g. the lines of code that end with this line:

throw 'Illegal insertion point -> "' + where + '"';

The error of course that I'm seeing being "Exception thrown and not caught" ....

As I said, I know it's the State combobox that's causing the problem. I can provide some more sample code to fill in the other gaps if no one can reproduce the problem specifically. It's pretty baffling to me.

Thanks for any help.
-Ryan

rbastic
28 Jul 2009, 9:13 AM
I managed to fix my bugs by wrapping a number of try/catch and if (blah != null) statements around certain portions of ext-all-debug.js ....

I'm not sure if this is the right way, or how beneficial this could be, but it certainly seems to have solved the problems.

tryanDLS
28 Jul 2009, 9:36 AM
That certainly shouldn't be necessary. Can you provide a small working sample that shows the problem. Does it happen if you remove the display:none? Wondering if that's causing IE to choke b/c it can't size the hidden element.