PDA

View Full Version : Page will not work in IE

venomizer
5 Aug 2009, 5:52 AM
I have a page which contains a viewport (consisting of a gridpanel and several other panels).

Everything works perfectly in Firefox, but I just noticed it doesn't work in IE. All I get is a blank screen and this error:

'events' is null or not an object.

The error refers to line 17622 which i assume is in ext-all-debug

The line is part of this function:

17618 lookupComponent : function(comp){
17619 if(typeof comp == 'string'){
17620 return Ext.ComponentMgr.get(comp);
17621 }else if(!comp.events){
17622 return this.createComponent(comp);
17623 }
17624 return comp;
Any ideas what might be causing this?

Cheers

5 Aug 2009, 6:12 AM
http://trzupek.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/crystal_ball.jpg

carol.ext
5 Aug 2009, 6:21 AM
I left my crystal ball at home, but suggest taking a look at the Internet Explorer section of the debugging FAQ (http://extjs.com/learn/Ext_FAQ_Debugging#Internet_Explorer).

Animal
5 Aug 2009, 6:22 AM
I predict that it's a trailing comma in an items config meaning that the last element is undefined which is passed to lookupComponent.

venomizer
5 Aug 2009, 6:41 AM
Hmm not sure how but I fixed it. I stuck all my code into JSlint (before I saw your replies) to see what that gave me and it came up with a bunch of errors, most involving my custom renderers. I temporarily deleted them and IE worked. I put them back in again, and now it still works?! Its definitely not cached as I've done forced resets...weird.

Only thing is, for some reason a couple of my elements are being rendered off the screen in IE, but not in Firefox. In my north region, I have a panel containing items (in this order): an image, a triggerfield and a combo. For some reason, the triggerfield and combo box are being rendered off the right side of the page (can get to them using Tab). I'm using the hbox layout. They appear fine in Firefox.

Animal
5 Aug 2009, 6:42 AM
Sounds like an overnest.

"in my north region I have a panel containing...."

Alarm bells.