PDA

View Full Version : Combobox rendering madness

rich_montana
19 Aug 2009, 10:05 PM
Hello, I am couple comboboxes within a form panel and they all render oddly. For starters there is no dropdown icon. You have click the field and start typing, then it'll start limiting its visibile results. IE press 'C' you'll see 'California' & 'Conneticut'. You can never just scroll the drop down. Also the when you do get options triggered by typing something, the drop down renders to the side of field you though was the drop down. So you'll have appears to be a blank textfield followed by a dropdown, despite the fact it should just be a drop down. the code i use is:

},{
cls: 'online-app',
xtype: 'combo',
store: state_store,
displayField:'state',
id:'state',
typeAhead: true,
mode: 'local',
forceSelection: true,
triggerAction: 'all',
emptyText:'Select a state...',
selectOnFocus:true
},{

Furthermore I know you'll see the cls param being set to css class, if i remove that it still is rendered the same funky way. Thanks in advance to any and all posters!
--RICH

tryanDLS
20 Aug 2009, 5:24 PM
http://extjs.com/learn/Ext_Forum_Help#Posting_a_working_showcase

rich_montana
30 Aug 2009, 6:30 PM
I attached images to better clarify what im talking about. see how the drop down that says 'select a state..' doesn't look like a drop down and then when you initiate it the drop down covers up where zip field is that is next to state?

if this is of no help i can shop up my code and and added it. dont really want to put all the code in because there is bit of it and some of the fields are in config files... like the state's data store, url, etc.

Again, I so appreciate any and all help!