PDA

View Full Version : FileUploadField Issue

swathi.bogolu
20 Aug 2009, 5:48 AM
Hi All,

I am using Ext.form.FileUploadField to browse a file.After browsing the file I have to read the file data..any idea.. how to read the data from the file...with out using Activex control.

Any help :-)

It's urgent :((

20 Aug 2009, 6:15 AM
Hi All,

I am using Ext.form.FileUploadField to browse a file.After browsing the file I have to read the file data..any idea.. how to read the data from the file...with out using Activex control.

Any help :-)

It's urgent :((

1) WRONG forum!
2) Please stop implying that your problem is urgent.
3) You have to read the data? With JavaScript?? You would need to work up some kind of trickery (hidden iframe comes to mind) to do this. But why?

swathi.bogolu
20 Aug 2009, 10:50 PM
Hi,

I have to read the file data from client by using Ext.form.FileUploadField and sent to server. since we don't have any mothod in Ext.form.FileUploadField to read the data.
Please suggest me on the same.

Regards!!
Swathi B.

21 Aug 2009, 2:26 AM
Hi,

I have to read the file data from client by using Ext.form.FileUploadField and sent to server. since we don't have any mothod in Ext.form.FileUploadField to read the data.

Regards!!
Swathi B.

That is because you *can't* without some trickery (iframe?).

21 Aug 2009, 2:26 AM
By the way, what you're asking for is basic javascript functionality and has nothing to do with Ext JS. Have you tried google?

Lukman
21 Aug 2009, 6:22 AM
Hi,

Regards!!
Swathi B.
Just send the whole file to server and let the server do the reading and processing of the data.