PDA

View Full Version : cardLayout/TabPanel adding significant time to rendering

jnicora
21 Aug 2009, 1:00 PM
Is it just me or does adding either a cardLayout or TabPanel to your application make rendering significantly slower?

My current app's viewport has one item, a cardLayout. The cardLayout has 4 cards. Adding one of my (complex) layouts as the first card and leaving the rest as simple panels increases rendering time by at least 100% over just having my (complex) layout as the only item under the viewport.

Not looking for debugging help here or anything, but rather just wanted to know if anyone else has noticed this and/or has found some way to mitigate the rendering time.

Also, any suggestions would be welcome. Thanks in advance.

Screen shots of layouts: http://fuisti.com/sg/ss/

jnicora
21 Aug 2009, 1:08 PM
Another quick note, I'm not complaining either, just always looking to improve performance. With firebug disabled, I'm very happy with performance.

tryanDLS
21 Aug 2009, 2:31 PM
It's well known that firebug has a big impact on performance. That being said, we can't suggest anything without seeing a working sample.

jnicora
21 Aug 2009, 2:54 PM
I wasn't really looking for help directly, just more of a conversation with others that may have experienced this. This isn't really a problem in browsers other than IE, just looking for general tips to enhance performance, especially within cardLayout/TabPanel.

I have already removed all png's, that helped a little too.