PDA

View Full Version : events order

lordmax
26 Aug 2009, 2:03 AM
Hi to all

There is a way to know the exact events order fired by extjs?

obviously afterrendere came after render but show?
It seem that show happens after afterrender but I've no idea of the correct order of events.

Thanks

Animal
26 Aug 2009, 2:15 AM
Show happens when a Component is shown.

And obviously, a Component has to be rendered before it is shown. Stands to reason don't you think?

lordmax
26 Aug 2009, 2:17 AM
Show happens when a Component is shown.

And obviously, a Component has to be rendered before it is shown. Stands to reason don't you think?

Ohhh Yeah :D

But my answer is: there is an events order, what it is?
:-?

Condor
26 Aug 2009, 2:21 AM
The event order isn't documented AFAIK.

You either have to read trough the code to find the event order or simply attach event handlers and try it out.

Animal
26 Aug 2009, 2:27 AM
Why is it an issue?

jojopad
11 Nov 2012, 5:51 AM
The event order isn't documented AFAIK.

You either have to read trough the code to find the event order or simply attach event handlers and try it out.

Same sentiment here (surprisingly 3 years have passed since the original post and not a single documentation can be found). A short official documentation on this would be extremely helpful for users so they can get up to speed on how the event order sequence are expected to work.

hayangae
12 Sep 2013, 7:36 AM
=D>
Lack of such information make new users stop using EXTJS.

orieltzvi
5 Aug 2015, 12:50 AM
It seem that show happens after afterrender but I've no idea of the correct order of events.

Thanks

With G-ds assistance

It seems that "render" events get fired in creation of component,
and "show" events get fired in activating show() function.

As you run your code and panels get rendered,
"render" events get fired, not "show".
If you explicitly used show function to show a Window, for instance, only then, "show" events get fired.

In documentation (show event) it says:
"Fires after the component is shown when calling the show (http://docs.sencha.com/extjs/6.0/6.0.0-classic/#!/api/Ext.Component-method-show) method"