PDA

View Full Version : Combo Box -- how to show the arrow icon always

joethu
26 Aug 2009, 11:29 PM
I am using the combo box in an editable grid and the combox box arrow icon can only show after I double clicked the field. So how can i easily get it shown at the very beginning, e.g. when the grid shows.
I read the example code but didn't find any configuration specially set.

Thank you for any hint.

Condor
27 Aug 2009, 12:29 AM
It's not possible.

You can change the double click to a single click, but you can't show the editor on every row (there is only one editor per column).

The only thing you can do is change the cell styling so it looks editable (e.g. add the blue border and the gradient gray background).

joethu
27 Aug 2009, 12:48 AM
Well, I may have understood the point. Thank you!
By the way, I set the combo box to be editable and a jsonstore is used to get the data from server, then I find two things unexpectedly:
1. When I input text in the field, it can't show the partly-matching (so called auto-complete?) optional strings in the drop down list.
2. Seems the input in the field would trigger the data loading again while the selection in the drop down list. ---- maybe I should add a listener or something to forbid it?

Just tested some configuration but failed. So any hints on these problems?

Condor
27 Aug 2009, 1:03 AM
So you only want to load the combobox once? In that case you should load the store yourself and set the combobox mode to 'local'.

joethu
27 Aug 2009, 1:10 AM
Oh, OK! Thank you, Condor!