PDA

View Full Version : First impressions from a Domino "Generalist"

sean_cull
18 Jun 2007, 2:52 PM
Hi, I have been playing around with EXT.nd for the first time today but despite looking high and low even the most basic things are frustrating me.

e.g. I can create really nice views but if I create a document in a panel how do I close ( destroy ) that panel after submission ?

I think that the future for ext.nd is fantastic but if its uptake is to be wider ( yes I now its only Alpha ) then some really basic examples for general developers to learn from would make a big difference

Could the NAB demo or something similar to Jake Howlets Yelp demo ( now removed ) be made available ?

Congratulations on your project to date, this stuff is amazing and has the potential to let us do RAD on the Web as well as in the Notes client

Thanks again, Sean

gizzmo
18 Jun 2007, 9:58 PM
Jakes Howlets Yelp database is still there...

http://www.codestore.net/apps/yelp.nsf

galdaka
18 Jun 2007, 11:36 PM
Jakes Howlets Yelp database is still there...

http://www.codestore.net/apps/yelp.nsf

Old example.

galdaka
18 Jun 2007, 11:37 PM
Hi, I have been playing around with EXT.nd for the first time today but despite looking high and low even the most basic things are frustrating me.

e.g. I can create really nice views but if I create a document in a panel how do I close ( destroy ) that panel after submission ?

I think that the future for ext.nd is fantastic but if its uptake is to be wider ( yes I now its only Alpha ) then some really basic examples for general developers to learn from would make a big difference

Could the NAB demo or something similar to Jake Howlets Yelp demo ( now removed ) be made available ?

Congratulations on your project to date, this stuff is amazing and has the potential to let us do RAD on the Web as well as in the Notes client

Thanks again, Sean

I agree. Each component with her example. Example of usage in "independent mode" for each component.

RWaters
19 Jun 2007, 5:48 AM
Examples are certainly in the works. As for the standard close, etc actions we we're waiting till the action bar piece was finished and we'll roll it out with some of the common actions like save & close that people are used to.

Our main focus at this point is forms and actions and we'll get it out to you as soon as we can :)