PDA

View Full Version : [CLOSED][3.??] Error: Ext.fly(...) on IE 6+

marleone
31 Aug 2009, 3:24 AM
Hi Ext(perts),

The last couple of days, I've been trying to fix a problem with the DataView object. (:|

The problem

The problem occurs when one clicks on (selects) a item in the tpl. IE browsers throws the following error: Ext.fly(...) is null or not an object

The reason

I've found out that, viewing the page outside of the iframe (yes, I use iframes) stops the errors from being thrown. One funny thing to note though. The DataView worked fine before Ext 3.0 was released. Back then I only had one DataView. The DataView worked after updating to Ext 3.0 (just like everything else. Nice 1 Ext dev. =D>) - The errors first started to happen, when I created another DataView on a new page in the application. Now I can't add a DataView without it failing in IE. :-?

The solution

When I remove the doctype completely, the errors don't get thrown in IE. But then everything else looks like crap :((

Everything works like a charm in FF, when a doctype is present.

I have tried the following doctypes: HTML 4.01, none, XHTML 1.0 Strict / Transitional

I hope someone can help me on this topic. I did find a couple of similar threads (on the doctype issue), but none of them could help me fix the problem.

Sorry for the somewhat messy post. =;

Thanks in advance

mjlecomte
31 Aug 2009, 3:41 AM
Please post a test case as requested here:
http://extjs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=71015

marleone
31 Aug 2009, 4:43 AM
I know the rutine, and were afraid you was going to point that out :s

The application has become quite massive, so it's very complicated for me to post an example where you don't have to look at thousands of lines. When I create just a DataView on a page and put it in a iframe, it works perfectly. Why cant anything be simple? :((

When I get the time, I'll try to upload some pictures illustrating the issue.

evant
31 Aug 2009, 4:47 AM
Pictures won't really help much. Can you trace the error through a bit?

mjlecomte
18 Oct 2009, 8:45 AM
This thread has been in the INFOREQ status for some time with no new information posted. I'm going to update the status to CLOSED.