PDA

View Full Version : containing changes to window.location within Ext.Window

cnesbit
31 Aug 2009, 10:52 AM
I am implementing a paypal shopping cart into Ext.Window popup on my Extjs powered website. During the Express Checkout process Paypal changes the window.location, causing the user to be redirected away from my website.

Given the design of my website, I would like to contain that redirect within the scope of my Ext.Window so that the user is still "on my site" while going thru paypal's payment process. Basically, I want the popup to be redirected, and not the whole site.

Is this possible, and how?

Thanks!
cnesbit

31 Aug 2009, 10:53 AM
so you're using an iframe to fake the users into believeing they are really on paypal's site? Doesn't sound secure to me. There is a *reason* why paypal performs the redirect, and I believe it has everything to do with security.

cnesbit
31 Aug 2009, 10:56 AM
I'm not saying I don't want paypal to redirect them. I am all about security of user info. I know with Paypal's website payments pro there is an option to use php's curl to make the payment so the user can "stay on my site". I have already coded that part.

I'm not asking how to fake out my users. I merely want my Ext.Window to act like an actual popup, not just look like one.

[Edit]: And yes, I know paypal redirects to prohibit the use of iframes. that's why I'm using a popup. But I'd like to use an Ext.Window instead of a new browser window if possible...

31 Aug 2009, 11:22 AM
Ext.Window is not magical. it's just a div with a high z-index. the correct question is how to suppress the iframe from doing what it's doing.

This is not an Ext JS issue.

cnesbit
31 Aug 2009, 11:26 AM
Ext.Window is not magical. it's just a div with a high z-index. the correct question is how to suppress the iframe from doing what it's doing.

This is not an Ext JS issue.

And in light of your initial response (and my response to that), utilizing an iframe for paypal's express checkout is not the proper solution. I guess the solution would be to simply open the express checkout in an actual browser popup. ...didn't hurt to ask though

Any chance that future versions of Ext will have these "magical" Ext.Window's?

31 Aug 2009, 11:30 AM
I apologize if my initial response seemed a bit argumentative or demeaning.

I come from the world of ecommerce and have integrated paypal with a few stores. I never got a chance to use the full-blown back-end API because the customers were OK w/ the redirects, blah blah blah.

To answer your question, I don't think it's on the roadmap.

cnesbit
31 Aug 2009, 11:52 AM
I apologize if my initial response seemed a bit argumentative or demeaning.

absolutely did not. I viewed it as a challenge to see if I knew what I was doing. ...so good thing I've "done my homework" on PayPal shopping carts, albeit that this is only my second.

I come from the world of ecommerce and have integrated paypal with a few stores. I never got a chance to use the full-blown back-end API because the customers were OK w/ the redirects, blah blah blah.

To answer your question, I don't think it's on the roadmap.
Given my circumstances, "keeping the user on my site" would be much prefered whenever possible, blah blah... hence the choice of website payments Pro. But sometimes (like with Paypal's Express Checkout) the redirect is a necessary evil.

Thanks for your help! If ever given the chance, I'll be sure and place my vote for making the Ext.Window function like an actual popup.

Thanks a bunch!