PDA

View Full Version : Which is better: Multiple Windows+Formpanel or 1 Window+Adding/Removing Formpanels?

csoon1
2 Sep 2009, 8:32 AM
My application requires me to show different windows, with each showing different forms. At first I tried creating multiple pairings (windows+formpanel)... [example: Login Window + Login Formpanel... Registration Window + Registration Formpanel]... But later I resorted to creating a single Window then adding/removing the needed Formpanel dynamically depending on what I need.

My question is, which of the above is more efficient? or is there another better way?

dbassett74
2 Sep 2009, 2:55 PM
Currently, I have rather large app that is doing what you first did, which is creating a window/panel pair for each window needed. Memory usage seems okay at first, but eventually starts using more and more ram. I'm not sure if this is why though. Ext 3.0 does seem much better at memory management though.

Now when you say you're creating a single window, does that mean that at any given time, there is never more than a single window open? That won't work in my case since I have to allow the user to open more than one window at a time. If all you ever have is a single modal window open, then a guess a single window would work.