PDA

View Full Version : Problem with initial window size on IE7

ranakor
3 Sep 2009, 12:57 AM
Hello,
I was toying around with the window component trying to use contentEl since i don't need anything fancy inside the window. It's working mighty fine in IE8 & FF3.5 but i went into IE8's compatibility mode (and later confirmed it on IE7) and got a nasty bug where my window starts about 3 screens big with a property of left: -5000. I haven't modified anything in extjs/ext's css and it does so even if i don't have any of my own css.
Here is a minimal example that reproduces it for me (taken from the hello world sample on extjs , minimized and modified to use contentEl)

<!DOCTYPEHTMLPUBLIC"-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN""http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd">
<html>
<head>
<title>Hello World Window Example</title>
<linkhref="ClientSide/JS/ExtJS/css/ext-all.css"rel="stylesheet"type="text/css"/>
<scriptsrc="ClientSide/JS/ExtJS/adapter/ext/ext-base.js"type="text/javascript"></script>
<scriptsrc="ClientSide/JS/ext-all-debug.js"type="text/javascript"></script>
<scripttype="text/javascript">
Ext.onReady(function() {
var win;
var button = Ext.get('show-btn');
button.on('click', function() {
// create the window on the first click and reuse on subsequent clicks
if (!win) {
win = new Ext.Window({
contentEl: 'hello-win'
});
}
win.show(this);
});
});</script>
</head>
<body>
<inputtype="button"id="show-btn"value="Hello World"/>
<divid="hello-win"class="x-hidden">
<label>test</label>
</div>
</body>
</html>

It also works fine if i specify a size but i want dynamic content inside and it already works fine in IE8/FF3.5. Searching a bit on the web didn't yield any results so i assume i'm doing something wrong.

Any help is most appreciated.

mlavender
5 Mar 2010, 10:06 AM
I'm having the exact same problem here. We've been running for over a year in production and recently upgraded to 3.1 and suddenly some of our windows are displaying way off the left side of the screen (left: -5000px), where they were sizing to content before. I've tried looking through the source to see if there's anything odd about the hide-mode (such as using offsets for hiding), but haven't seen anything that jumpt out at me.

Have you had any luck resolving this?

qwikso
27 May 2010, 1:46 AM
Hi, I'm having also this problem. It works properly in IE8, FF and Opera but in IE7 exactly as described above. It's really weird and it seems to be a bug. Is there any solution or workaround? I need to use the contentEl attribute in the window component.

Thanks!

raskri
11 Aug 2010, 2:28 AM
"bump"