PDA

View Full Version : debugging question

madkris
16 Sep 2009, 5:08 AM
Hi guys,

I was recently looking for way to log values,variables,etc. in ExtJS. I tried searching the API docs but couldnt find any. Then I tried google and found a link to the Ext Debug Console. I was just wondering if it was possible to call console.log of the Ext Debug Console inside my js file?

And yes,I have loaded the ext-all-debug.js and tried console.log('test log') which gave me the error "console is not define".

Any help and tips for debugging would be very much greatly appreciated. :)

Animal
16 Sep 2009, 5:11 AM
http://getfirebug.com/

michaelc
16 Sep 2009, 6:53 AM
And yes,I have loaded the ext-all-debug.js and tried console.log('test log') which gave me the error "console is not define".

Any help and tips for debugging would be very much greatly appreciated. :)

As Animal said go to firebug, but also are you looking at logging for initial debugging or for use in capturing information in the production environment ?

Firebug works excellent for the initial development debug, but the logs are browser based so if your after post development information, I don't think firebug will help you there

madkris
17 Sep 2009, 1:07 AM
I already had firebug installed, not sure why it gave me the that error last night but i tried it again this morning and it works fine.

Thanks for the replies. :)

EDIT:
@michaelc - I was looking at logging for initial debugging, thanks for the tip.