PDA

View Full Version : [OPEN] [UNKNOWN][3.x/2.x] Inconsistent end-of-line character in source files

jsakalos
16 Sep 2009, 4:56 PM
Not vitally important but there is the mix of unix and dos end-of-line characters in one source file. For example src/data/direct/DirectProxy uses unix eol (0x0a) character for license text (first 6 lines) and dos eol (0x0d, 0x0a) for the rest of the file.

That fools my editor (vim) that falsely recognizes unix file format (from the first lines) and displays annoying ^M (for extra 0x0d) in the rest of the file.

I haven't checked all source files but I suspect that many of them (if not all) suffer from this mixture. It is perfectly OK if dos eol is used, or if unix eol is used, or if mac eol is used, but only one eol in one file.

Urkman
1 Dec 2009, 4:06 AM
Hello,

I think this bug is vitally important. Because I can't check in the changes to my subversion repository...

Perhaps somebody here knows a way to change the lineendings to every file in a folder. I don't want to open each file and change it...

Thanks and greetings,
Urkman

stever
23 Dec 2009, 5:24 PM
Please! When files get concatenated, they end up having mixed line endings, which is a has side effects in Firefox and Firebug. Anyhow, I'm not sure why ExtJS would *want* some to have \r\n line endings and others to have \n line endings. Just pick one. Please!