PDA

View Full Version : [3.0] QuickTips issue

Jaitsu
17 Sep 2009, 7:30 AM
I'm having a problem with Ext.QuickTips in my application in both IE8 and FF3 (haven't tested other browsers).

I have initialised and specified the msgTarget on fields as follows:

Ext.QuickTips.init();
Ext.form.Field.prototype.msgTarget = 'side';

The problem occurs when a field is marked as being invalid, and the user hovers over the QuickTip icon. I receive the following error from firebug:

(el = GETDOM(el)).parentNode is null
(el = GETDOM(el)).parentNode.insertBefore(this.dom, el);

The error is occurring in Ext.Element, more specifically in the insertBefore method but I don't think that's where the cause of the problem is.

Any ideas?

Jaitsu
18 Sep 2009, 12:36 AM
anyone?

SSJSparky
18 Sep 2009, 5:34 AM
I am also encountering this problem. I have a form inside a tabpanel with quicktips set in the same way as the above poster. I am getting the same error upon moving the cursor over the error icon (when the quicktip should appear). Can anyone shed any light on this?

Jaitsu
21 Sep 2009, 1:05 AM
still experiencing this issue, it's occurring whenever I mouseover an icon that implements an instance of QuickTip or ToolTip

Jaitsu
21 Sep 2009, 5:03 AM
Sparky, I just noticed that this issue has been fixed in 3.01+ if you have SVN access (which I don't)

anyone know the code included to fix this issue?

robincasey
4 Nov 2010, 11:15 AM
*Bump* Firebug is giving me a hard time tracing this one to the core, but it seems Ext tries to use a tip that has not been appended to the DOM yet - even though:

// Init the singleton. Any tag-based quick tips will start working.
Ext.QuickTips.init();

Anyhow, try this: Ext.QuickTips.init(false)

Jaitsu
4 Nov 2010, 11:19 AM
Thanks, I finally resolved this issue though.

It was caused by this statement when the application viewport was being initialised from some legacy code:

document.innerHTML = '';

It was removing the container element for the quicktips and hence when it came around to display the quicktip the node didn't exist in the DOM

robincasey
9 Nov 2010, 12:23 PM
Ha, same (~.body) here (but I'm sticking to the false as i need it).