PDA

View Full Version : [OPEN] [CLOSED][3.??] Odd IE CSS issue - Topbar hidden, position not updated

ShadowZero3000
22 Sep 2009, 10:51 AM
Hey guys, fixed this one after hours of trying to recode after I found http://www.extjs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55752 which got me to thinking it could be a CSS issue instead of a coding issue.
Setup:
Creating portlets based on the Ext.ux.Portlet class, with a toolbar that is toggleable (click gear in corner on attached pic, and it shows or disappears). These portlets were put inside a Portal, and from there were wrapped in a tabpanel framework.

Initial testing involved only the portal w/ portlets on it, and everything worked fine, however once the portal was put onto the tabpanel framework, the display in IE went wonky.
In FF it displayed no issue, but in IE* it looked and performed incorrectly. There was too much space between the title bar and the top of the gridpanel below it when the toolbar was hidden (left pic), The toolbar was half-covered when shown (center), and when re-hidden (right), the gridpanel didn't adjust back up, so the bottom of the gridpanel was clipped.
What finally fixed it, and MAY INFLUENCE OTHER THINGS (doesn't for me, but I'm not sure the repurcussions) was:

.ext-ie .x-panel-tbar,
.ext-ie .x-panel-body,
{
position: static !important;
}
.ext-ie .x-panel-tbar
{
height:1
}This corrected things so that the toolbar's container lacks height, and so that the gridpanel gets re-positioned correctly.
I hope this helps anyone out there with similar maddening issues.
~Josh

mystix
22 Sep 2009, 11:26 PM
please refrain from tagging your own posts [FIXED]. thanks.

evant
24 Sep 2009, 8:57 PM
Impossible to tell without seeing some code.

Please post a test case.

ShadowZero3000
25 Sep 2009, 7:30 AM
Actually, just realized I posted this in the 3.0 thread, I was using 2.x (affected at least .1 and .2). Code sample will be very hard to make, as it was in a special case of nesting elements, and it'll be really hard for me to separate out the components to have a useful demo. Figured if someone else saw similar errors it might help them. I can confirm that this does not occur in 3.0 (for me).
Sorry about the incorrect thread name and placement, just trying to contribute what I can, and it's my first post.