PDA

View Full Version : How to have full row highlight in EditorGridPanel?

dbassett74
22 Sep 2009, 1:27 PM
It seems by default, only the selected cell in the EditorGridPanel is highlighted. I want to modify it so that it highlights the whole row instead, while obviously still having the ability to invoked individual cell editors. Any help would be appreciated.

mohaaron
22 Sep 2009, 1:42 PM
I am also looking for something like this. It seems that Steffen Hiller (http://www.extjswithrails.com/2008/06/extuxrowwithcellselectionmodel.html) has created something like this. It doesn't work exactly the way I would want but it's certainly will give you an idea for making this happen.

dbassett74
22 Sep 2009, 2:10 PM
Thanks, I'll check it out.

david l
22 Sep 2009, 2:23 PM
i attempted this at one point and ended up using a roweditor since it was better for what i needed

but i do remember how i was going about it, maybe it may help you...

for the cellselect listener, the function has 3 parameters: grid, row, col. what i tried to do was to grab every cell in the row and add the appropriate css to it with the cell being editted to be a darker shade for the highlight

i also tried using editorgrid.getview().getRow(therow).dom.addClass('someclass') at one point but dont think it worked correctly

mohaaron
22 Sep 2009, 2:40 PM
Hello David,

Thanks for the info. I'm just starting to write a new thread that I'm going to use for this question as well as some more functionality that I want to add to the EditorGridPanel.

Ultimately I want to have a grid that behaves a little more like Excel where I can type directly into cells and then also use the RowNumberer column to select rows to delete. The selection of a row using the CellSelectionModel or the RowWithCellSelection model is the behavior that is similar to this thread.

Once I have it up please check it out and let me know what you think of the feature requests that I have.

Enjoy your day!