PDA

View Full Version : drag and drop with a form

4myGod
28 Sep 2009, 5:22 AM
Hey guys I would add this to my other post but I can't find it. I have the simple drag and drop working like I want:
Ext.get('message-dd').initDD();

However I now have a submit button on top of it. When I rollover the submit button it doesn't act like a submit button anymore, when I click it, it doesn't press down, and when I rollover it doesn't look like a cursor. How do I make it act like a submit button again?

28 Sep 2009, 5:25 AM
without knowing what you are referencing, I can't help :(

4myGod
28 Sep 2009, 5:29 AM
mesage-dd is a table, which is dragable now with that code I posted. However the <input type='submit'> does not function like a submit button anymore. I think that the code making that table dragable is also keeping the cursor from changing into the hovering button cursor, as well making it so that there is no onPress change for the button.

28 Sep 2009, 5:30 AM
yes, it might be inercepting the events.

4myGod
28 Sep 2009, 5:31 AM
Is there a way to make it so the button still acts like a button while the dragable table does not?

4myGod
28 Sep 2009, 6:26 AM
Perhaps just to make a certain inner div that does not take on the properties of the dragable table? Like if I click on the inner div I can't move the table, but I also CAN use my form. So I put the form in the inner div. Is this possible?

4myGod
28 Sep 2009, 7:23 AM
I found the solution,
In case someone else stumbles across this thread in a search.

I failed at getting invalidHandleTypes and Classes working, however I got invalidHandleIds working and put an id for my select and submit, and then add those. This prevents the initdd from trying to turn your form elements into handles for their dragable box.

http://www.extjs.com/deploy/dev/docs/source/DDCore.html#prop-Ext.dd.DragDrop-invalidHandleTypes