PDA

View Full Version : Willing to pay for LiveGrid support. Any Suggestions?

DonExt
6 Oct 2009, 9:29 PM
Looking for immediate help with LiveGrid. Will pay for support. Does anyone know of any potential resources?

Thanks in advance.

Don

8 Oct 2009, 7:28 AM
Don, what are you having trouble with?

DonExt
8 Oct 2009, 9:22 AM
Thanks for the response.

Even though I am using LiveGrid, my issue relates to grids in general.

In short, my grid contents contains links to other pages. When the user clicks on the back button to return to the grid, I need the scroll position to be preserved so the user can continue were they left off.

Of coarse, by default, the grid resets the scroll position back to the beginning. I need help in finding a solution for this.

Thanks in advance.

Don

8 Oct 2009, 9:26 AM
have you looked at the state examples?

DonExt
8 Oct 2009, 9:36 AM
No. Please explain!

8 Oct 2009, 9:42 AM
Upon the click event, you can set the state of the scroller (save a cookie) and when the page reloads, scroll the the position if the cookie exists.

Animal
8 Oct 2009, 9:47 AM
Thanks for the response.

Even though I am using LiveGrid, my issue relates to grids in general.

In short, my grid contents contains links to other pages. When the user clicks on the back button to return to the grid, I need the scroll position to be preserved so the user can continue were they left off.

Of coarse, by default, the grid resets the scroll position back to the beginning. I need help in finding a solution for this.

Thanks in advance.

Don

Allowing navigation and then return is not very efficient. An Ext page should be long lived.

You go to great trouble to download ext-all.js, ext-all.css, all your application's Javascript, then set up a grid, then they navigate away on a whim?

No man. The Grid's click handler should perform something in page. Show a Component in a slide in Panel, or another tab, or an Ext.Window. Don't navigate away, and then build the whole darn thing back up again!

DonExt
8 Oct 2009, 10:17 AM
Say, can you please tell me where these state examples are?

Thanks so much.

Don

8 Oct 2009, 10:35 AM
http://www.extjs.com/deploy/dev/examples/history/history.html