PDA

View Full Version : PagingToolbar, grid sorting, and large datasets [SOLVED]

Mike Robinson
12 Oct 2009, 2:08 PM
I have set up a Store object with remoteSort: true. This grid also has a PagingToolbar associated with it.

Problem: the two features don't seem to know about each other. I can page through the data and When I click on a sort column, a request is sent to the host which properly specifies the sort parameters, but which does not specify start or limit. The host obligingly tries to send back all 13,000 sorted records...! :((

(It is, after all, "merely doing what it has been told..." The request that is being sent to the host makes no mention at all of either "start" or "limit.")

In Addition: At first, everything seems to work fine. Both the sort-field and the start/limit parameters are present. In fact, this behavior seems to start after I do a .. load() .. .. (his voice trails off mid-sentence)
:-|

Never mind. =;

"Nevertheless, it's interesting," so I'll finish the thought. The solution, apparently, is that I should be using reload(). Otherwise the "load()" call apparently causes all memory of the "start" and "limit" parameter-values previously used to be forgotten.

Dustin Graham
17 Oct 2009, 7:26 PM
Glad you finished your thought. I was wondering about something like this and it helped to read your post.

-Dustin