PDA

View Full Version : Z-Order West Panel is Sliding Put under Stuff?

cgountanis
13 Oct 2009, 9:07 AM
Attached is a screen shot of the issue. Pretty much explains it all. I need to find a way to have the collapsed panel slide out over OpenLayers map which of course is just another panel region center.

I tried adding a line like this in a CSS that gets included AFTER the ext-all.css but no luck. I thought I had the right class name, maybe not? Is there a better way like always-top = true or something?

#x-layout-collapsed {
z-index: 20007 !important;
}

13 Oct 2009, 9:27 AM
interesting. is the flash stuff set to wmode opaque?

cgountanis
13 Oct 2009, 9:57 AM
No flash it's a JS mapping object from OpenLayers. Simple layers and divs. How do I set Ext JS to be on top when collasped is open on click over the center panel?

hendricd
13 Oct 2009, 10:04 AM
In order for that to be effectively managed (z-order) that way, the OpenLayer and the collapsed region would need to share the same parent Element.

cgountanis
13 Oct 2009, 10:17 AM
They are both panels inside of the same viewport. I didn't have any issues with this till I used OpenLayers to populate the center panel div but it is STILL a div in the same view port. Can I change Z order anyway with css or in javascript to make sure the west panel is always on top?

hendricd
13 Oct 2009, 10:27 AM
An Ext.Viewport is complex collection of DIV's.

You'll need to snoop the markup (with Firebug) of the Viewport and decide which DOM DIV Element of which region to render your alleged 'OpenLayer' to.