View Full Version : [3.0.0] ux.SlideWindow and Layout.SlideLayout 1.0

13 Oct 2009, 8:22 PM
This is my first extension I've coded so I'm sure I didn't do anything 100% but it works as expected!

Basically I took the concept from this thread (http://www.extjs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43120&highlight=slide+window) and made it an extension.

I haven't tested it 100% but wouldn't see any major problems. Please post your comments so that I can fix.

What is going on is there is a window that wraps around a panel that holds any number of panels (tested with 3). The window has a bbar that has 2 buttons: prev and next. Hit one and the cards will animate left or right depending on which way you want to go. Buttons are also enabled/disabled depending on where you are at. One thing I'm not sure about is how to specify the config options in the window.

Live Demo (http://slidewindow.simoens.org/). May move to Google Code or GitHub or something if needed.

I will be updating this extension and this post over the next couple days so watch it!

Added a chart from the examples. Works just like any other panel except when first loading. Think it's just FF's rendering that's slowing it down.
Added a basic array grid from the examples. Fading and sliding work but it's visible outside the window. Not too sure why though. Added this to the bugs section.
Added a basic tabPanel from the examples and works just like the normal panels. However I'm starting to notice most components are rendering and animating slowly. Browser the cause?
Added a basic formPanel from the examples and works but is very slow on rendering and animating. Added to bugs.
Seemed to speed up when added the config 'hidden: true' on the panels (except the first one of course). Not sure if this is directly responsible.

Look into rendering all panels upon adding.
Test on different platforms/browsers.
Test more components.

Added the basic array grid from the examples as the "2nd card" and the sliding and fading happen but it's still visible outside the window.
Rendering and animating took a long time with just a basic formPanel from the examples.