PDA

View Full Version : Is EXT-JS right for this?

portal_developer
14 Oct 2009, 5:59 AM
Hi,
I was wondering would someone point me in the right direction in relation to this.

I am looking for a common UI interface to display information from both java and php. EXT-JS has some nice layout features and from the outside it appears as if it would solve my problem. Currently we have a lot of small/medium sized existing php applications and some web based java applications that were developed separately. There is a lot of functionality in both and at the moment both applications display their information on separate websites.

Essentially what I am trying to do is bring together both the php and java under the one User Interface or UI layout so that the java developers can continue to develop in java and the php developers continue using php.

Is a common layout framework like this achievable using Ext JS?

Thanks,

mschwartz
14 Oct 2009, 6:08 AM
ExtJS is a rich library of client-side widgets and the like. It's language agnostic, but you may have issues with cross domain ajax requests.

However, you can use managed iframes within the UI to render absolutely any HTML you want generated from PHP and Java and .NET servers simultaneously.

Or you can proxy for the Java and PHP servers.