PDA

View Full Version : New Here, "Out of stack space" error in all versions of IE

skelooth
19 Oct 2009, 11:55 AM
Hi,

I am new to ExtJS and I'm putting together a small app before I decide to use it in production, the problem, I've been developing in chromium on linux, it works fine there, it also works fine in firefox on linux, however when I fired up my windows virtual machine to make sure it worked in IE I'm getting an "Out of stack space" error upon opening the page.

I tried googling and searching the forum but the best I found was a thread talking about race conditions concerning the console.

The page I'm creating consists so far of the file upload sample, that opens a window that contains a grid on success.

Is there a common mistake I should be aware of? I will gladly post source code for help, please specify the best way to go about posting it, or which critical parts I should post.

Thank you SO MUCH in advance for any help you can give, this is a very promising library and I really hope i can use it.

skelooth
19 Oct 2009, 12:13 PM
Actually I fixed that error, I was using the prototype adapter, apparently I have to give up prototype which is not a huge deal.

However I'm still getting an IE specific error:

line 7 of ext-all.js "Expected )"

so i looked at the file and it looks like it's eval()ing a variable named json. Why would this work in FF and Chrome but not IE? Do I need to "clean" my json strings better?

Thanks so much again for any help, it's appreciated a ton!

Edit: actually it looks like this error is occurring BEFORE success is executed, so now I'm really confused. There's no json to be eval()ed? I get the error and it never leaves the waiting progress bar. This is mostly a copy paste from the file upload form sample.

buttons: [{
text: 'Upload',
cls: 'x-btn-text-icon',
icon:'jslib/shared/icons/fam/application_get.png',
handler: function(){
if(fp.getForm().isValid()){
fp.getForm().submit({
url: 'upload-file.php',
waitMsg: 'Uploading your file...',
success: function(fp, o){